Nugget Shooter Forums

Need to get somewhere but unable to with a 4WD? This is your solution. You could use a 4 Hoof Drive but this is much faster.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/hoverbikes-are-finally-here-don-t-expect-fly-cheap-ncna935191

Edited by Morlock

Wonder what restrictions the BLM and Forest Service could come up with for these ? 🤔

• Haha 1

Flying rich boys are about as welcome as a swarm of deer flies. They will be blowing dust and gravel all over the place and trying to get the foul things as deep into the wilderness as they can just for sport. The same irresponsible idiots that cause so much damage with their wheeled toys will be doing it in the air.

It is just a big drone to carry another big drone as far as I am concerned. An expensive toy to give a pampered adult a little tingle in their tummy. They will think they have the right to fly them anywhere just like they think they have the right to drive a vehicle anywhere now.

If I were king anyone who could afford to buy a toy like that would be taxed to death and then fed to the poor.:2mo5pow:

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Flying rich boys are about as welcome as a swarm of deer flies. They will be blowing dust and gravel all over the place and trying to get the foul things as deep into the wilderness as they can just for sport. The same irresponsible idiots that cause so much damage with their wheeled toys will be doing it in the air.

It is just a big drone to carry another big drone as far as I am concerned. An expensive toy to give a pampered adult a little tingle in their tummy. They will think they have the right to fly them anywhere just like they think they have the right to drive a vehicle anywhere now.

If I were king anyone who could afford to buy a toy like that would be taxed to death and then fed to the poor.:2mo5pow:

25 minutes ago, Bruce Castle said:

Looks like it would be difficult to tow.

Can you imagine what It would be like if you hit a stump,

a big pile of sliced lunch meat for the animals to fight over.

20 minutes ago, Knifemaker84 said:

And the family of the first person to fall into thd blades will file a lawsuit.....

5 minutes ago, wes said:

oh ya, looks super safe I cant imagine anyone ever getting hurt riding that :nutty:

They were probably saying similar things when automobiles first came out in the late 1800's. 

No doubt they'll be advances in technology and who knows??? This may be the solution to our crowded roads. One thing I learned a long time ago is... never say never.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Morlock said:

They were probably saying similar things when automobiles first came out in the late 1800's. 

No doubt,  and they were right. The cemeteries are packed full from the collateral damage of our wheeled travel

40 minutes ago, wes said:

No doubt,  and they were right. The cemeteries are packed full from the collateral damage of our wheeled travel

How many people died from falling off horses, carriage crashes, runaways, before autos were invented? Every technological advance is a double edged sword. Good and bad happens.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Morlock said:

How many people died from falling off horses, carriage crashes, runaways, before autos were invented? Every technological advance is a double edged sword. Good and bad happens.

Not to mention those first bikes, with the big front wheel and the little rear wheel, many people died from broken necks or having their skull crushed after flying head first over the handle bars!!

The article did mention that future models would be using enclosed fans for lift.

4 hours ago, Morlock said:

They were saying exactly that because automobiles were speeding through the public ways and running people over. Rather than manage the situation we designed our cities and patterned our entire way of living around the automobile. Now we no longer have public ways for people, we have roads for automobiles. And roads and parking areas occupy more available land than houses, businesses and public areas combined. The American Automobile Culture and the problems it has presented  is one of the biggest issues of our time. 

3 hours ago, Morlock said:

The Amish have it right . . .  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Come on you ol' rascal! I know you had a favorite! I'm guessing it was Betty Rubble on the Flintstones and Mary Ann on Gilligan's island. 

I'm a Mary Ann fan, I like Betty also but her facial expressions always seemed to be too animated for me though, almost comical sometimes.

• Haha 1
On 11/15/2018 at 9:20 AM, Morlock said:

Need to get somewhere but unable to with a 4WD? This is your solution. You could use a 4 Hoof Drive but this is much faster.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/hoverbikes-are-finally-here-don-t-expect-fly-cheap-ncna935191

Merely $150,000.00..?
Think I'll get one strictly for Daytona Bike Weeks..!
I live 60 miles away, so I'd only need to stop 3 times for charges -- each way.. :rolleyes:

Swamp

• Like 1