Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Monster 1000!!!!

Uncle Ron

Yay, finally broke down and bought a new GM1000 from Bill today....Been watchng his instructional videos and those of others all day long...I'm thinking the new unit and my repaired heart will finally get me back out in the gold fields after nearly 4 years lost to physical issues...I'm excited ... Can anyone tell me how they work on coins too??? Yahoo!  Cheers, Unc

• Like 13
  • well done 3

It can work fine on coins as well. I used it in a seeded coin hunt a few weeks ago using the small coil and got second missing  first by four targets. So it will work for coins but its better for small the gold IMO. I had to hold the coil a foot off the ground to eliminate the small targets and just hear the coins. I usually use the CTX but thought I would give the Monster a try for the fun of it.

• Like 5

Sweet Uncle Ron!!  Glad to hear you are feeling better.  One of the things that really got me going when I was starting out, were your stories of gold hunting.  You taught me a lot.

So with this brand new detector … what have you told Baboo :inocent:     Anyways, that  Gold Monster is a bedrock beast. 

Cheers …

P.S.  and keep Baboo away from my patches ...LOL

• Like 1

Ol' Baboo is setting in the shadows, scheming a promising me she's gonna come back roaring for me after my infatuation with the GM1000 and my 4500 cools off ... We'll see...Cheers, Unc

• Like 3

At 45khz, and with state-of-the-art tracking, the GM1000 is excellent with small gold. I'm lusting after one, myself.  But, while it can certainly find coins, I don't believe it can do as well as lower-frequency machines on coins in the ground, especially the high-conductors.

• Like 1

When I first got mine I tried to hunt a Tot Lot here in Kingman . I think every kid in town tore up foil and threw it down in the sand , after about 30 little itty bitty pieces...I gave up.

Got an Equinox for coins , never been more happy.

The monster can hunt coins but is better at GOLD.

• Like 1

Yay...Bill and Tammy dropped off my new GM1000 today ... Got to play with it a tiny bit but have to charge the battery, which is almost complete .... Got lots of targets in my back yard, but there's lots of ferrous and non-ferrous back there ... I'm pretty certain there's no gold on my property, but there are some old bullets and tons of trash!  ... I'm excited!  Cheers, Unc

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, H-2 Charlie said:

Uncle Ron .. what did you hunt with before ?

GB2, Whites GMT, Gold Bug, GM2, GM VSAT, GM 3, SD2100, GP4500 and my old original from back in the '70's, a Garrett Groundhog...They all kicked ass in their own ways...Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

azdigger, my recommended settings for the Goldmaster 24k are Sensitivity of 7, Target Volume of Audio Boost 2, VSAT Medium (6 bars), Threshold 2. Search in automatic ground balance, precisely pinpoint targets with the non-motion pinpoint mode, then engage Traclock to lock the ground balance setting at the current GB setting to facilitate target recovery without the GB setting "drifting." Once the target is recovered, to return to automatic ground balance, press and release traclock button and automatic GB is restored to the last setting without the need for rebalancing. Check out the "Spud Diggers" YouTube video entitled "White's 24k Gold! Exclusive training from Certified Dealers." Gerry was using an earlier, lower-powered pre-production prototype in the (far) less than optimal PRESET settings. The business cards used as targets had 1/4 GRAIN gold flakes laminated onto them. Your 24k, with the above settings, will significantly outperform the machine/settings shown in the video. To see Gerry tune and operate the 24k, see the "Spud Diggers" video "The New White's 24k Goldmaster." With my 24k I have recovered flakes weighing less than 1/10th grain. Hope this helps; HH Jim

• Thanks 1

Yahoo! ... Took out the 1000 to the back yard and it was making all kinds of god awful noise, so I came back and and watched Bill's and Aquachigger's training video...What a difference in my brain!!!! After watching the video I took it back out and followed the info Bill presented...Wow, what a difference...I love the Monster and, thanks to Bill, I got it running smooth, and used both shallow (discrimination on ferrous) and deeper all metal mode ... Now that I know what I'm doing things are looking great...I have tiny 2 grain nug on a poker chip that it screams on from about 6 or 7 inches of air...I'm so happy I got the Monster and, with Bill's video help, now feel confident in running in gold ground and hot ground...What an awesome machine... Thanks again, Bill!  Cheers, Unc

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1