Nugget Shooter Forums

2hr hunt with 10” coil

Good morning friends,

I decided today to give the 10” coil a whirl on my GB2 today. I was going to hunt on Monday but I have another project which requires my time then, so this morning I hit the ground running with the new 10” coil. When I arrived to the area I scanned previously with the 6” coil I immediately got hits with the right sounds!!    Within 10 min I recovered 2 fragments weighing in at 29g, the larger fragment is 19g!! The rest of the 2hrs I decided to scan new areas with no success but it was still a awesome morning nonetheless!! 

0EF25DDF-B2BA-48F5-8D75-CC7741F0FD9E.jpeg

D62A1EDD-1387-4073-B0C3-256ED3AF33A8.jpeg

1F05D8E7-9408-43F4-80B5-B800351BFAE1.jpeg

4B0FA203-AE1D-4675-ACEB-940C1E45A8AA.jpeg

• Like 4
  • well done 1

7 hours ago, hardtimehermit said:

Are these some Rhode Island regmaglypts you found there?

No silly,

Regmaglypts are thumbprint like impressions on the surface of larger meteorites that are formed by ablation of material from the surface as a meteor passes through the Earth's atmosphere. They are probably formed by vortices of hot gas. These are meteorites.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jayray said:

Nice ones Rocky. That coil made some difference. Congrats on the finds. 

Jayray

Yes I think the coil helped a lot. My gold master vsat detector had the same size coil and I was able to find smaller fragments like these ones more easily. When I have a chance to get out again I plan to really take some time to scan the area.

1 hour ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Kewl Rocky, ^5 ! :yesss:

Due to my absence I had no idea you'd gotten a detector, much less found places to hunt,
along with success, in your neck of the woods.. WTG ! !

Swamp

Hi Swamp,

Yes I recently score a awesome new gold bug 2 detector with 6” and 10” coil thanks to my father! I suppose everywhere is actually a great place to hunt meteorites, that is my philosophy. The woods in surrounding areas are prime hunting grounds, one just needs to overcome the hurdles of navigating dense forest and irregular topography.

• well done 1

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Hi Swamp,
...one just needs to overcome the hurdles of navigating dense forest and irregular topography.

Nooo, that is actually the punch line to a joke that's no longer safe nor wise to utter aloud among mixed company or otherwise in this sector of the galaxy, but if you don't wish to share with the rest of us where you located information noting falls up your way, it's ok -- we understand.. :4chsmu1::inocent::25r30wi:

Swamp

Edited by Swampstomper Al
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Nooo, that is actually the punch line to a joke that's no longer safe nor wise to utter aloud among mixed company or otherwise in this sector of the galaxy, but if you don't wish to share with the rest of us where you located information noting falls up your way, it's ok -- we understand.. :4chsmu1::inocent::25r30wi:

Swamp

You nailed it!! It is real hellish terrain and I mean terrible just awful!!:desertsmile:

its a god forsaken place to ever step foot on. Little Rhode Island regmaglypts are just too troublesome to want to recover:excl:

Edited by Rocky
  • Thanks 1