Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Was It An Alien Probe???


Dakota Slim

Recommended Posts

That even CNN would publish that garbage shows how much they've become fake news.  First ever known interstellar rock going through our system and they latch onto the story about it being an alien probe.  Ridiculous. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, chrisski said:

That even CNN would publish that garbage shows how much they've become fake news.  First ever known interstellar rock going through our system and they latch onto the story about it being an alien probe.  Ridiculous. 

Does the same logic apply to other networks that have carried the same story?

 

https://www.foxnews.com/science/mysterious-interstellar-object-could-be-lightsail-sent-from-another-civilization

 

Compare and contrast the way each news organization presented the story and then ask yourself honestly which one is sensationalizing it. I think the answer is crystal clear.

 

 

 

Edited by Bedrock Bob
fake news indeed
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back in the day (and ever since) when folks would try to turn a social gathering into an intellectual head-butting contest with the question "How did human(oid) life on Earth begin?" my pretty much stock reply (assuming I got sucked into that convo's gravity well) would go something like: One time Cap't. Kirk, Bones, Ohura and Spock were on their way back to the Enterprise following a very successful drinking but totally un-fulfilled amorous adventures shore leave (this also just so happened to be the one weekend a Universe Year Spock is not held accountable under Vulcan off-planet celabacy and imbibement directives) on what was usually the very much party planet Cialis Nine when they all deceided a round of 'Ice The Cupcake' would be the ideal capper for their all-things-considered glass-is-half-full mini vacay..

Once everyone was satisfied, ermm that everyone else had completed their parts to mutual satisfaction per game rules that is, the samples were gathered together and ejected en masse from the runabout.. Millenia later it all came crashing onto a third rock from a sun.. And that's where whee all come from..

The odds are just as great for what came tumbling through our solar system being a sixty-foot I-beam that broke loose from the rest of the pack when the freighter towing them to the death star construction site was forced to slam on its brakes to keep from hitting an out-of-nowhere shuttle craft that cut it off as they are its being a splinter this dude hailing from the land of the giants pulled out of his finger all covered with germs n blood n other stuffs and in anger flung into space..

Bottom line is: Who knows? From here, at least.. It's a big place out there, so it could have been 'most anything that fits the bill and probably several things that don't.. All guesses are welcome.. But it definitely helps if ya write a good story backing up your claim, since watching that object tumble was a good reminder of how the term "spin doctor" came about..

Swamp

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cute, Stomper...

I am certain that any alien could do a much better job of scanning the earth with very small probes...Of course, I am thinking like a human-what else can I do?

I think whom ever said it was alien wanted some attention...I doubt they will get the kind of attention they wanted. Nor will they get their research grant renewed...

fred

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, middleforkminer2 said:

IMHO, I find it almost incomprehensible that there wouldn't be other intelligent life forms scattered throughout the universe...the sheer number of stars within our galaxy alone suggest to me that it's a virtual mathematical certainty... 

I concur..

My apprehension is although we've been under observation for a while no contact has been made because we haven't yet been deemed intelligent life..

Swamp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Swampstomper Al said:

I concur..

My apprehension is although we've been under observation for a while no contact has been made because we haven't yet been deemed intelligent life..

Swamp

I recently read that some "experts" want to use lasers to lead aliens to us. The problem with that is aliens will either consider humans to be a food source or as direct competition for the available food and water. I don't think they'll try to trade beads for a base here but you never know. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Swampstomper Al said:

I concur..

My apprehension is although we've been under observation for a while no contact has been made because we haven't yet been deemed intelligent life..

Swamp

Yeah...as a famous american once said.....

"Beam me up Scotty... There's no intelligent life down here"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alien probes are often seen at border crossings, better known as a proctoscope.

This is for detecting drugs.

Sorry I couldn't resist, I was a navy hospital corpsman in the "60s.

Edited by Bruce Castle
  • Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2018 at 6:47 AM, Swampstomper Al said:

I concur..

My apprehension is although we've been under observation for a while no contact has been made because we haven't yet been deemed intelligent life..

Swamp

 The only problem with contact between us and any other civilization, is the vast distances involved....I remember reading that even for as long as we've been transmitting radio waves, the earliest transmissions would have only made it to something like the 7th or 8th closest star.....which is why I think that if we have been visited by alien spacecraft, the operators of that craft would have to be some form of highly advanced robotics with artificial intelligence....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:58 AM, Bedrock Bob said:

Does the same logic apply to other networks that have carried the same story? 

None of these news networks are batting 500.  I recently reread 1984, and with most people getting their info from the internet, we're not that far from being able to go back and change history to read what you want it, especially when books become a thing of the past.  I often wonder where most of these space stories originate.  Its as if someone publishes it, and the story goes from new outlet to outlet getting more spectacular this time, the latest being the Dragon found flying in Jupiter.  Can't get reliable news from the News Networks, and Twitter and Facebook posts are equally unreliable.  Some say the Arizona Election for Kiersten Senema (sp) was rigged, but I don't believe that.  Just people from more liberal states moving to the most populated county in AZ, and taking their beliefs and voting values with them, trying to transplant their failed ideas to a new area and hoping for a different result.

I also think anyone who had the technology to come visit us would find us boring, designate us a "Universal Monument and Protected Primitive Species," not slow down, and continue away at full speed, never to be seen again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2018 at 11:46 AM, middleforkminer2 said:

 The only problem with contact between us and any other civilization, is the vast distances involved....I remember reading that even for as long as we've been transmitting radio waves, the earliest transmissions would have only made it to something like the 7th or 8th closest star.....which is why I think that if we have been visited by alien spacecraft, the operators of that craft would have to be some form of highly advanced robotics with artificial intelligence....

Something like that I would think also, yeah..

There's a couple three 'things' still need figured out first by humans wanting to get into the sending long-distance probes biz.. This constant being held back by that pesky FTL (faster than light) situation is a real uhhh drag for sure.. But at least AIRobotics won't mind if there's no one left alive they might have known prior to lift off when they return from an extended amount of time in space while travelling just below the speed of light.. Not sure what they might think if almost immediately upon return from an extended FTL journey they have the paradox of themselves in their ship show up too..? Hmmmmm... :WOW::barnie:

And I can't believe at least one math brainiac hasn't yet figured out how to create worm holes that can be destination directed on the ermmm fly so we can make the trips ourselves..? Some advanced civilization we're turning out to be, not..! :arrowheadsmiley:

Swamp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, chrisski said:

I also think anyone who had the technology to come visit us would find us boring, designate us a "Universal Monument and Protected Primitive Species," not slow down, and continue away at full speed, never to be seen again.

This means we all get free FEMA trailers then, right..? :woot:

Swamp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2018 at 6:42 AM, chrisski said:

That even CNN would publish that garbage shows how much they've become fake news.  First ever known interstellar rock going through our system and they latch onto the story about it being an alien probe.  Ridiculous. 

Weird. Something about the bursts of  acceleration apparently made it an anomaly , I guess. At least according to Hav-ad . . .  The other networks did pick up on it though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Something like that I would think also, yeah..

There's a couple three 'things' still need figured out first by humans wanting to get into the sending long-distance probes biz.. This constant being held back by that pesky FTL (faster than light) situation is a real uhhh drag for sure.. But at least AIRobotics won't mind if there's no one left alive they might have known prior to lift off when they return from an extended amount of time in space while travelling just below the speed of light.. Not sure what they might think if almost immediately upon return from an extended FTL journey they have the paradox of themselves in their ship show up too..? Hmmmmm... :WOW::barnie:

And I can't believe at least one math brainiac hasn't yet figured out how to create worm holes that can be destination directed on the ermmm fly so we can make the trips ourselves..? Some advanced civilization we're turning out to be, not..! :arrowheadsmiley:

Swamp

Swamp, I'm sure you must be familiar with: The Physics of Interstellar Travel : Official Website of Dr. Michio Kaku where detailed information related to Quantum Physics and Faster Than Light Travel (FTL) is discussed. For those who have not yet read his work, it sheds light on the issue, which might be interesting to anyone curious about the subject.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...