Nugget Shooter Forums

Bad News, Good News...

Uncle Ron

Yo All... Last Thursday AM I had shots in my spine...After the anesthesia wore off, Dodacious and I went for some sushi then back home to Wickenburg...As I was fixing to crawl in bed about 10 PM, I got a aching pain in the middle of my chest, which quickly turned into a crippling massive chest pain...Dodie took me to the Wickenburg ER and after about 4 hours they loaded me up on an ambulance and took me to the Arizona Heart Hospital ... After a night from hell, they poked and prodded me and attached all kinds of tubes, wires, machines, etc....After most of the day having tests they said I needed emergency heart surgery (stents) ... About 3 pm Friday I went into the operating room ... They drugged me up  and went for it ... Out of the OR about 4 PM and back to my room for a night from hell ... They put too much anesthesia in me and I spend the night having huge trouble breathing ... I had great nurses who were all over it and gave me the treatments I needed to recover, though it took until early Sat. AM to counter act the drug problem ... About 4 AM my cardiologist, the best in the world, I might add, came in and told me the operation was a complete success with 3 more stents added to the 4 I had gotten 4 years ago... He confirmed I had a pretty serious heart attack!  Anyhow, they let me out mid afternoon and since Sat. night I've been regrouping as has Dodie who went through hell worrying about me ... So, the good news is that I expect to be recovered enough to make the outing for at least a couple days!  YAY... Cheers, Unc

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • well done 1
  • wow 2

WOW! Dern close call there Ron. Heal up and look forward to seeing you two.

Tom H.

Geeze Ron, take it easy Bro.  You are scaring the heck out of me.  See you on the weekend and I'll give you a big hug from wifey and I. I'm bringing my corn bread that Dodie likes.  :thumbsupanim

Old Tom 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Old Tom said:

Geeze Ron, take it easy Bro.  You are scaring the heck out of me.  See you on the weekend and I'll give you a big hug from wifey and I. I'm bringing my corn bread that Dodie likes.  :thumbsupanim

Old Tom 

Just told Dodie about you bringing cornbread....She's pumped! .... She's looking forward to hugs from the Toms and everyone else!

• Like 1

Dang Ron, you trying to catch up to me? I've had 13 heart attacks, got 11 stents, and had a 5X's bypass, I got so much metl in my heart, I can't have an MRI, no joke on that. Just can't keep us old farts down! Get better. Grubstake

• Like 4

Dang Ron,...Sorry to hear about your changed physical condition!!!!  I knew a guy who had had the max amount ( not sure just how many) of stents that a person can have, countless operations, bypass surgeries, and had to have a pacemaker put in,.......the last that I heard, he was still alive???  I think (he moved to California), but I haven't heard from him since. 

Makes it kind of hard to swing a detector to chase those nuggets,...........take-r-easy and keep-r-healthy as much as you can.  Gary

had two, first may 1994, second may 2003, triple bypass. quit going to the va 2014. quit drinking anything except good water with raw cider. molasses couple drops peppermint oil. one can of tuna fish a week, rest all organic foods. bowl oatmeal with coconut oil, hawthorn..., honey. have a heart rate of a twenty year old. no aches or pain. wake up feeling younger each day. think the biggest improvement is never allow negitive thoughts to enter your mind and keep a smile at all times.

• Like 2

You are a Warrior Unc! I am glad to hear you made it, and that you are recovering. I have 12-stents, and I know what you went through. My prayers are with you and your family, and I hope to shake your hand in a couple of days!:oregonian_winesmiley: