Nugget Shooter Forums

Anyone know actual location of? Hwy 60 near Wickenburg.

Swampstomper Al

I saw the film crews yesterday near where Monarch Wash feeds into the Hassayampa..  Whats crazy is the ol lady claims she was try to do a U turn but managed to launch off the hiway.

• Like 1

I wondered about this since I heard it on the radio.  That's not exactly a remote area.  I wonder what her injuries were that caused her to go down to the river instead of along the highway, kind of moving towards the sound.  Also she never sounded the horn.  For some reason, don't think she was drunk.

This happens all the time in the Pacific NW. People leave the highway and crash into these stands of Blackberry and are often not seen again for a very long time. I recall one driver on I-5 between Tacoma and Seattle may have fallen asleep at the wheel. His car went into the land betwixt the north and south bound lanes and into a giant stand of blackberry. He was found months later when a hiway crew found his car after battling back the vines. He was unable to open his car doors once entangled inside the growth. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • wow 1

About ten years back an elderly couple slid off into a muddy bar ditch at Snow Lake, in the Gila NF area of New Mexico. They could not get the vehicle out and had to spend the night. During the night it snowed hard. The next morning they were in the car keeping warm when the snow plow came by. The car was frozen and covered in snow and the driver did not see them. So he plowed right by burying the car in the snow bank. They could not open the door against the weight of the snow.

That afternoon he had to make another pass because the weather had been bad. The next morning he did it again.

Meanwhile the couples family reported them missing. Everyone was searching. Dozens of vehicles drove right by them looking for them. As time went by and the weather got worse lots of people joined the search. The snow came down and they plowed the road again to help searchers get in.

Ten days later. The snow melted enough so a tail light was visible poking out of the snowdrift. Someone driving down the road noticed it. They started digging.

They were both O.K. They melted water from an open window and ate what they had. It was pretty rough but they actually lived for ten days buried in a snowdrift sealed up in a Subaru. They were on their last leg but they were fine.

On the flip side I found a Porsche in Glorieta Creek that had been there for weeks. Had a fellow inside. It wasn't 100 yards from a house and 20 yards from the highway. Probably slid off the road at night. It was down in the creek under a tree. The canyon was steep and the snow was deep on the shady side. All you could see was the rear bumper sticking out from under a juniper. The cops said he had not been reported missing. The vehicle had to have been down under that tree for a big part of the winter because it was under several layers of snow.  

• wow 1