Nugget Shooter Forums

NO WORDS! From across the World........

Holy cow...what dreams are made of :)

Tom H.

• Like 1

Just what is this, Crystalline Gold, Pyrite, or some new element?    Sure is interesting how the earth formed it naturally.    

Old Tom 

• Like 1

Just imagine how many stars had to align for that to happen (depth, temperature, geology, magic)....

Andy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GeoJack said:

How come those images above don't show up in any Google image search?

They were posted at an Italy gold club site.... From a gold show I think Monaco Mineral Show 2018 cristalli di Oro

• Like 1

My question is did these crystals form alone or are they replacements? I know as some other minerals decompose They can be replaced by others leaving the new mineral in the shape as the old. Is that what’s going on here? I wasn’t aware that gold took those shapes.

• Like 1

Gold holds many shapes and crystal forms.  All it takes is one or two NON Gold molecules in the mix to cause a odd Crystal Structure to be followed.   

This Google some what displays a few https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-ab&biw=1361&bih=629&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=7snfW5SzH9PojgTir6Fg&q=++natural++Gold+crystal+photo&oq=++natural++Gold+crystal+photo&gs_l=img.3...34691.35126..37260...0.0..0.166.473.0j3......1....1..gws-wiz-img.HktHWiFdrEo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, homefire said:

Gold holds many shapes and crystal forms.  All it takes is one or two NON Gold molecules in the mix to cause a odd Crystal Structure to be followed.   

This Google some what displays a few https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-ab&biw=1361&bih=629&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=7snfW5SzH9PojgTir6Fg&q=++natural++Gold+crystal+photo&oq=++natural++Gold+crystal+photo&gs_l=img.3...34691.35126..37260...0.0..0.166.473.0j3......1....1..gws-wiz-img.HktHWiFdrEo

So these particular gold crystals pictured would possibly have formed with pyrite molecules in the mix?

would it be possible to form them in a lab? 

• Hmmmmmm 1