Nugget Shooter Forums

GPAA Working Hard To Acquire New Claims

Just met Kevin Hoagland out here at Jack Ass Flats. He had a guy with an Ultra Light investigating a new claim out towards other GPAA Claims. He flew over the perspective site and took a video for possible ingress points. Kevin said it's much better to have a guy with eyes on the ground than using a drone as they have done in the past. 

I told Kevin it reminded me of the Gyro Copter guy from Road Warrior, he laughed and said he thought the same thing. 

Can't wait to get out to some new claims!

Yep,  A birds eye view sure is handy but boots on the ground are needed for the hard bits.    You wouldn't do much good with manned flights in  mountainous stuff.  Things get to squirrely in the thermals and drafts.   

7 hours ago, Wyoprospector said:

Just met Kevin Hoagland out here at Jack Ass Flats. He had a guy with an Ultra Light investigating a new claim out towards other GPAA Claims. He flew over the perspective site and took a video for possible ingress points. Kevin said it's much better to have a guy with eyes on the ground than using a drone as they have done in the past. 

I told Kevin it reminded me of the Gyro Copter guy from Road Warrior, he laughed and said he thought the same thing. 

Can't wait to get out to some new claims!

C'mon, there's no gold on those claims! You said so yourself, no? :)

13 minutes ago, Wyoprospector said:

Sorry did I leave out that it is a not yet a claim, but an area that is promising and had a positive dowsing test. For what that's worth :112:.

Oh,  a (potential), REAL claim! Cool. All funnin aside, it is pretty cool and always gratifying to witness a transitional spark of positivity where once none was apparent . . .  Just a cautionary note though, if you hang out around Kevin very long, you may end up actually finding gold, maybe even on an existing claim no less. :thumbsupanim

20 minutes ago, Wyoprospector said:

They were  using the aircraft to inspect the area for trails, roads etc. Claim isn't much good if no one can get to it. 

If I were a serious prospector, I'd actually prefer a claim that's almost impossible to get to as opposed to one that's easy.

• Like 4

ON CLUBS, if a club membership is used as intended "to further your education" it can be worth a bunch and was for me..... Don't care what club and we were all new once and getting into areas with gold to get the old grey matter bubbling and thirsting for more lead this old fool to mucho oro over near 30 years :old: Once you figure out "WHY" you are there (club claim) it starts making sense...... READ!!!!!!

• Like 2
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:30 PM, Morlock said:

If I were a serious prospector, I'd actually prefer a claim that's almost impossible to get to as opposed to one that's easy.

I share a tough to get to claim with a buddy near Stanton. An ordinary 4x4 will not get you within a couple miles. Just wish there was gold there, lol.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1
3 minutes ago, Mike Furness said:

Edge ... Question begs to be asked ... no gold? Why are you there?

So far have found just enough to keep me frustrated.. Biggest piece maybe 1/10 of a gram. but yet its everywhere. Ive tested every little drainage, and they are numerous, from east to west and all but one hole contained gold. I haven't yet sampled the southern area of the claim but if I do find a pocket, well yippee kiyay!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1