Nugget Shooter Forums

Here-N-There, and Here-N-Over there...NUGGETS

LowPoint

Well, I thought that considering No One seems to like posting their nuggets on this forum "Of-late" that I would Buck the trend and post a few; ....And "NO," I didn't find them with a "Fly-Poop Monster either.  Happy Hunting!!!   Gary

SAM_0862.JPG

SAM_0869.JPG

• Like 10
  • well done 3

Hello fred,...  Well, the very small ones I used a pair of tweezers while kneeling on my hands and knees on some very nice exposed bedrock stretches.  That was kind of fun.  The other ones I got while using my GPZ-7000, and my trusty GP-3000.  Most of them I got with the 3000.  Gary

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Nice pile of goodies there Gary, ain't the detector what finds gold, isn't that up to you :idea:

Your'e "RIGHT-ON" Bill,...:yesss:.......I searched for (and found) all of these in "similar-locations" that I had learned (over the years) to look for mainly due to my prior experiences from trial and error, and from what I had learned from a few "others" that had posted "informative-information" as to where nuggets would be hiding.  Research, helpful information from successful-others, and actively-applying these methods is the key to success; ...YOU can definitely Vouch for that!!!............The detector is but a technological-tool used by us to punch down where we can't see, and then signal that those hidden-goodies lurk just waiting for us.  "YAHOO"    

• Like 2
  • well done 1

Don't let Gary's humbleness fool ya: he's one of the hardest working surface prospectors I know of.. How many people do any of you know who will spend half a day and longer undermining-to-drop boulders in dry stream beds on no-signal spec-alone hunches in order to get under and behind 'em simply because they look like great choke/trap points..? And come away successful more often than not too..?!

Stuff like that happens only via trial-and-error lessons learned retained knowledge.. You can read about things like this all day long, yet it takes a few actual barren drops to drive home which sites to go after and which to leave alone.. No risk no reward they say, so when labor intensive one wants odds-on as much as possible..

Swamp

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Don't let Gary's humbleness fool ya: he's one of the hardest working surface prospectors I know of.. How many people do any of you know who will spend half a day and longer undermining-to-drop boulders in dry stream beds on no-signal spec-alone hunches in order to get under and behind 'em simply because they look like great choke/trap points..? And come away successful more often than not too..?!

Stuff like that happens only via trial-and-error lessons learned retained knowledge.. You can read about things like this all day long, yet it takes a few actual barren drops to drive home which sites to go after and which to leave alone.. No risk no reward they say, so when labor intensive one wants odds-on as much as possible..

Swamp

Well, "THANK YOU" Swamp for your Kind Words-of-Observation.  Quite honestly I didn't think that there where many on this forum (regulars, those lurking, and the newbies) that even took note of my prospecting techniques.  My methods are not for everyone(Obviously), as they can prove to be too labor intensive for those either not willing to expend the energy, strength, and stamina to work that hard to get to the nuggets, or feel that it's just not worth it to do so (maybe considering their present physical state).  It's just too bad that so many covet their spots to were they are not willing to share, as I might be able to point out spots that they may-be overlooking nuggets because they are not willing expend the energy to got down deep to get them;,..........Oh Well,...To each his own;... I don't mind playing in my Own back yard-area(s).  THANKS AGAIN SWAMP.    Gary       

• Like 2