Nugget Shooter Forums

Possible Meteorite? What is this?

9 hours ago, Morlock said:

I've seen something exactly like this but am having a brain fart trying to remember what it was.

But it's not a meteorite.

Silicon Carbide.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Saul R W said:

Thong singular was intentional.  I'm not dumb enough to tie a dog to both feet at once, at least not a second time.  The first time, I hit my head so hard I saw meteorites (still on topic), and they looked similar to the gunk in the OP.  I wouldn't be caught dead or alive in the other thong, at least not on camera.

I am stalling and stalling today.  I spent all day yesterday loading chickens and ducks on my truck for a trip to Texas.  My youngest moved out last month when she learned I was pulling the carpet out from under her and selling this place, and she left her birds behind.  Because they're all named, I'm not allowed to pay them a shechita visit, so I'm donating them to my eldest, who already has so many animals she won't notice a few more.  I hate driving to Texas.  Every time I enter the Lone Star state I get a ticket for something.  This time I've checked every light, made sure my native on native soil license plates are freshly minted and gone over the windshield with a loupe to make certain there are no micro dings or micro cracks in the glass, and I still know one of those dratted ten-gallon hat rhinestone cowboys is going to flash his lights before my tires finish crossing the state line.  Maybe I should print an Alamo bumper sticker before I leave this afternoon?  Or drool a bunch of tobacco goop all over the driver side door so I can pass for a Texas native?

Just put a bible on the dash bro. Problem solved. It is like a "get out of jail free" card in Texas.

I used to visit a girl named Sechita Gonzales. She could cook a mean duck too. She was such an athletic beauty back then. Now parts of her are like meteorites. They have regmaglypts, fusion crust and they are plummeting to the ground.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
19 hours ago, Saul R W said:

Thong singular was intentional.  I'm not dumb enough to tie a dog to both feet at once, at least not a second time.  The first time, I hit my head so hard I saw meteorites (still on topic), and they looked similar to the gunk in the OP.  I wouldn't be caught dead or alive in the other thong, at least not on camera.

I am stalling and stalling today.  I spent all day yesterday loading chickens and ducks on my truck for a trip to Texas.  My youngest moved out last month when she learned I was pulling the carpet out from under her and selling this place, and she left her birds behind.  Because they're all named, I'm not allowed to pay them a shechita visit, so I'm donating them to my eldest, who already has so many animals she won't notice a few more.  I hate driving to Texas.  Every time I enter the Lone Star state I get a ticket for something.  This time I've checked every light, made sure my native on native soil license plates are freshly minted and gone over the windshield with a loupe to make certain there are no micro dings or micro cracks in the glass, and I still know one of those dratted ten-gallon hat rhinestone cowboys is going to flash his lights before my tires finish crossing the state line.  Maybe I should print an Alamo bumper sticker before I leave this afternoon?  Or drool a bunch of tobacco goop all over the driver side door so I can pass for a Texas native?

If it was California the solution would be simple. Just hand the Highway Patrol Officer your driver's license and a $20.00 bill. If the officer accuses you of attempted bribery, just  say, "Oh no, officer, that's just for two tickets to the policeman's ball" The officer would then tell you that you must be mistaken and have obviously confused the Highway Patrol with the city police because the Highway Patrol doesn't have any balls"

I would say something about meteorites . . . but that's another story.  :)

• Haha 2
  • well done 1
10 hours ago, BMc said:

If it was California the solution would be simple. Just hand the Highway Patrol Officer your driver's license and a $20.00 bill. If the officer accuses you of attempted bribery, just  say, "Oh no, officer, that's just for two tickets to the policeman's ball" The officer would then tell you that you must be mistaken and have obviously confused the Highway Patrol with the city police because the Highway Patrol doesn't have any balls"

I would say something about meteorites . . . but that's another story.  :)

Just for the record, I wasn't cop bashing, per se. The back story is, I believe I have a very good reason from personal experience for telling this disparaging joke which was already old when I went through the Police Academy in the early '70's. At that time, in the Oakland Bay area it was common knowledge among cops and Sheriff's Deputies that you could not depend on the California Highway Patrol for back up. I found that out on day 2 at 11:00 PM, when my training officer, a former Marine Viet Nam Vet like myself, waded into a group of drug dealers and convicted felons hanging out in front of a little hole in the wall Mexican cafe, and served a no-bail murder warrant on a suspect who was wanted for killing, (Ironically), an off duty CHP officer. It was a kinetic mace and mayhem battle while the Bro's tried to take him away from us, but we knew going in, that we didn't have any available units that could respond to help us out. We were hoping to find the gun on him that he had used in the murder.

The entire cafe, including all the customers, the cooks, and even the dishwasher had emptied out on the sidewalk to watch the fight, except for one retired on the job CHP training officer and his Rookie trainee sitting inside at the counter taking a break.

The Rookie kept looking at me through the window of the cafe like he wanted to help us, but it wasn't his call. While we fighting our a$$es off trying to get our suspect in the car, the two CHIP's casually walked through the howling mob, with the Rookie still anxiously looking my way, then calmly drove off . . . 

To be fair, I did meet and work with some very fine, professional officers of the California Highway Patrol . . .  and those were generally the ones who had meteorite-tic, uh, or perhaps,  Meteoric, careers! :4chsmu1:

• Like 1
21 hours ago, fredmason said:

Oh, Bob and Saul;

I apologize for using the FOOL word...I was having a harsh moment....

Meteorite

fred

Its all good Fred! You don't have to worry about scuffing anyone up around here.  We are homies.

Southside por vida carnal! Orale!

• Like 2