Nugget Shooter Forums

Salome?

Hi Patrick,

Claim details will be tricky so I cant really respond to that question. However you can camp off Harquahalla Mine road that runs south of salome. There is gold out there, and thats not by a made up blanket statement of assumption. I have found gold down there.  A great area Both Boulder dash and I have camped is just north east of Vicksburg on a road called desert mine road if I recall.  You can get a camper in there no problem. The terrain in both the Salome and Vicksburg area are similar to Quartzsite....The gold is tough to come by, but it should be a peaceful camping experience.

• Like 3

Yep good gold and even meteorites in the area and Larry Kelling RIP showed me some spots 10 years or more ago out that way and I still can score out there, but like Adam said there are allot of active claims out there as well. There is a BLM campground out there on Eagle Eye road near Mile Post 9 that is a nice camping area. Some very cool areas to explore out that way and it is rugged country!

1 hour ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Yep good gold and even meteorites in the area and Larry Kelling RIP showed me some spots 10 years or more ago out that way and I still can score out there, but like Adam said there are allot of active claims out there as well. There is a BLM campground out there on Eagle Eye road near Mile Post 9 that is a nice camping area. Some very cool areas to explore out that way and it is rugged country!

Will it "out rugged " my Suburban?

6 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

No.....

Got my 35ft motorhome to the entrance of Lost Treasure Mine no problem. Also on Harquahala Mine Rd, either from Salome or I10. There are GPAA Claims there, but there are also other claim markers within the GPAA boundries. I talked to Kevin Hoagland about them and he said ignore them, the GPAA coordinates are soild. 

There are shafts and addits everywhere and most are fenced off.  I did go into some of the addits but stayed clear of shafts. Jeff Williams suggested detecting just east of the Cemetery,  but there is so much trash, you might want to try a small coil. I found no gold searching 3-4 days, cool area though. 

• Like 1

On October 19, 2018 at 6:35 AM, boulder dash said:

There are also plenty of hungry foxes. So don't leave your picnic basket out.

I always feel like BD talks in riddles.  Here, let me translate:

There are plenty of NUGGETS.  So don't leave your DETECTOR HOME. 

• Haha 3