Nugget Shooter Forums
Andyy

Small Gold and Gall stones

So I'll begin with my last night hunt of the season and end with my first day hunt.

My last night hunt was in a well known wash very near a well pounded club claim.  I had pulled many pieces of .1 gram and up using my GPZ and had also  tested the Gold Monster in this wash and did fairly well.  This time I was crumbing for gold to see what I left and was using just the GM1000.  Well it didn't seem like much.  Through the main part of the wash I went and after a couple hours, had nothing to show for it.  So that just meant I had to work a little harder.  A digging I went.  I pulled back a 10' length of overburden and scraped up a tiny piece.  Then I went to clear out another 10' section, when my gallbladder started to hurt and I felt nauseous.  I took a break and drank some more water and was starting to feel better (maybe just dehydrated).  Another 10' section and I had a couple more crumbs.  But then my gallbladder started up again and I thought I was going to puke from the pain.  Hmmm.... I figure I better call it a night.  The 3x pieces don't register on my scale currently, so I am sure together they weigh less than a grain, but it was fun to practice finding the previous gold left behind. 

So the next week I figure I have to do a daytime hunt. I will do a gallbladder cleanse of some sort the following week to see if that helps.  I know, my priorities are a little screwed up, but my gallbladder rarely acts up.  An ultrasound confirmed I had a 1cm stone, but I am no rush to get it (my gallbladder) removed. 

Anyways, this weekend had a small window with no rain on Sunday, so I went through my list of interesting areas, and set out on Sunday morning for my first daytime hunt.   Many of the washes I had to cross still had water, which meant travelling much farther than typical to get there.  After a lot of mud and water I parked the truck and got geared up.  The ground looked pretty good.  It was nice to be evaluating things during the day again.  Usually I can only see the area of the beam at night.  Anyways, an hour into the wash I get a faint signal at 7-8 inches. (I have marks on the end of my pick to measure depth)  This small piece was .16g.  Gotta love the ability of the GPZ to find the small stuff so deep.  The rain helped, I'm sure.   After scouring the rest of the wash, I hopped over to a parallel wash and  then investigated the perfect side drainage coming off of it.  10 feet up this wash and I got a beautiful signal.  3-4" and I had a .34g piece.  All in all not a bad day. (and thankfully no gallbladder pain)

Good hunting, everyone!!

20181016_214902.jpg

20181014_173950.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • well done 1

Dang Andy!!!....take care of your self...Get some more water in ya :) Glad you found the gold and sniffed it out.

Least you have a spot to go back to when you have a LOT more water :)
Tom H.

• Like 2

Nice gold Andy.  :thumbsupanim

Some times you just gotta search for the crumbs.  It definitely helps to keep the skunk away.

Congrats !!

Luke  :head:

...yeah, and what Tom said !!  :old::2mo5pow::desertsmile:

• Like 2

Nice job Andy! now about the gall bladder ... at first how did you know it was a gall bladder ... not kidney or appendicitis as an example? Previous issues? Just curious ... I always try to do field analysis on myself before talking to the doctor! Some times I'm right and sometimes not right! :old:

2 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

Nice job Andy! now about the gall bladder ... at first how did you know it was a gall bladder ... not kidney or appendicitis as an example?

I've been feeling pressure and pain, so I saw a doctor about 8 years ago.  They saw the gallstone using an ultrasound.  Their solution is to remove the gallbladder immediately.  But I really don't feel it very often and disagree with just removing organs.  So sometimes when I am really working a wash for crumbs, and peeling away overburden, I start to feel the pressure/pain/nausea.  With the GPZ, I don't usually have to get too down and dirty. 

But after Luke's story a while back, I have started drinking more water.  Problem is, that doesn't help what is already been done. :grr01:

• Like 3

Het Andyy:  Just saw this post of yours.  I'm with you on the conservative attitude of keeping the gall bladder (the body's toxic waste disposal service) despite the discomforts.  It serves some important functions -- such as cleansing your body of some nasties like prostaglandins and leukotrienes which some authorities believe ultimately can contribute to rheumatoid arthritis if allowed to accumulate.

As far as hunting for tiny ones, being able to hear and retrieve such subdued signals is excellent practice for those days that we successfully recognize the ghostly whisper of a lunker lurking way down low.

Glad you are feeling better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1