Nugget Shooter Forums

Well it looks like I am heading out to Gold Basin on Wed to hunt some......we will see how it goes.

Got a new Whites GoldMaster 24K to try out....will report upon my return.

• Like 2

Good luck!!!

• Thanks 1

Thought you were done prospecting?   Are you going to have that machine at the outing?

Sure plan on it....got the gold bug so I guess I will never stop hunting.   also plan on getting dirt for my Mountain Goat too.

That 24k may be your best decision yet... Good luck!

• Like 2
  • well done 1

good luck, Rick;

remember it is the hunter not the gun...

fred

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So far in the testing around the house it sure seems sensitive, even picked up a tiny piece of shrapnel in my Dad's wrist . The Equinox 800 picks it up too but the 24K is louder and seems to hit it farther away.

I took it over to show Frank C, he was impressed too.

My plan this trip is to hit Old Tailings piles. Got a good rake.

Edited by azdigger
  • Like 2

I found many nice nuggets raking tailing piles...before I got too lazy for the work...good luck

fred

28 minutes ago, fredmason said:

I found many nice nuggets raking tailing piles...before I got too lazy for the work...good luck

fred

You're not lazy. The proper excuse is " I'm getting too old for this__"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ADAM, I just used that machine for 5 mins. didn't dial anything in.
Big DD Elipticle not 6 " round Concentric on it.
Seemed like it was handling the black sand wash well.
I need more time with 1 I like the 3 piece shaft for packin.
RICK Don't let Adam try it, he might disappear with it to check out 1 of his secret haunts.

• Like 1

Morloc, we don't say we're gettn too old for it, we say THIS is a "young" mans GAME ! :laught16::25r30wi:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guess I'm a young man at 57.

But at my current fish camp, I took the top bunk cuz my 50 & 51 year old fishing partners couldn't climb in it.

• Like 1
  • well done 1

I am 62 , be 63 in Dec....not the age but the millage…..big thing for me is (sp)neuropathy. makes it hard to walk a lot and I stumble and wobble. Makes me look like a drunk in the field.

plus other health related things too.  But I might fuss and swear off prospecting but I will keep going at it....enjoy being outdoors.

My excuse and I an going to stick to it     :ROFL: 

• Like 3

Yes, Rick...someone told me other people have to spend a lot of money to get drunk enough to walk like me...there is always a sunny side!

fred

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Well, Heading out in the morning, going to make some flat ground out of some tailings piles...hope I get lucky and find some gold this time.

Going to work hard , been reading and watching info on hunting tailings. Now we see if I retained any info.....report upon return..

Hunting with the Whites GoldMaster 24K and I will have my Equinox 800 with the small coil.

16 hours ago, azdigger said:

Going to work hard , been reading and watching info on hunting tailings. Now we see if I retained any info.....report upon return..

Yep, Bill has a great video on this. 

Back from GB.   Lots of trash, little screws, nails and bb's...no gold....the cans that was laying round this area had some solder dots on them....I could tell I was not the first one there, lots of unfilled holes....not as  many now.

Had lots of fun and will go again , got run off by the wind picking up.

• Like 6
  • well done 1

On 10/14/2018 at 4:37 AM, azdigger said:

I am 62 , be 63 in Dec....not the age but the millage…..big thing for me is (sp)neuropathy. makes it hard to walk a lot and I stumble and wobble. Makes me look like a drunk in the field.

plus other health related things too.  But I might fuss and swear off prospecting but I will keep going at it....enjoy being outdoors.

My excuse and I an going to stick to it     :ROFL: 

I feel your pain man, I'm the same age with same condition, just started noticing I'm not as stable as I used to be. Also have other issues as well, knees, shoulders, neck, sciatica.  So much fun! But I still love being out there. Anxious to see your GMT 24K at the outing. Good luck. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, azdigger said:

Back from GB.   Lots of trash, little screws, nails and bb's...no gold....the cans that was laying round this area had some solder dots on them....I could tell I was not the first one there, lots of unfilled holes....not as  many now.

Had lots of fun and will go again , got run off by the wind picking up.

I realize GB is close to you, and I've never been there, but from everything I've read posted both here and elsewhere it appears GB isn't exactly the easiest place to score Au with a detector.. I know you detect a few other places also, yet I get the feeling if you score first @ GB you'll do well everywhere else.. Popping the BBs & li'l screws means you're in the zone, just not on the gold..

Swamp

PS: Peripheral neuropathy sux..

• Like 2

As much bird shot, BB's and shaved lead as I find , if I ever do get over a nugget I will get it....going to get out again, going to look for exposed bedrock this time.

Might try over by the King Tut area where GSSN has a couple of claims and see how that goes.  Can't hurt.

• Like 2