Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Edge

First fish of the day

IMG_20181012_153820082.jpg14" rainbow, caught several more after the pic. Any of you ever smoke trout?

• Like 2
  • well done 2

I tried to smoke trout but they was too hard to keep lit...:ROFL:   Used to smoke them years ago in the Black Hills of SD.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

My trout never stayed around long enough to smoke ... the frying pan, bread crumbs and bacon fat got hold of them and just would not let go! :inocent:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Edge said:

IMG_20181012_153820082.jpg14" rainbow, caught several more after the pic. Any of you ever smoke trout?

I have smoked plenty of trout. I had to quit though because they ruin the bong and are super hard to keep lit.

Use an old broken refrigerator with an electric skillet inside. Mesquite chunks every 3-4 hours. In about 4 days those rascals are just like smoked salmon. Just about the only way a trout is fit to eat unless you eat them alive.

• Like 2

The best way to smoke trout is to put your mouth over the gills and light the tail fin.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2