Nugget Shooter Forums
DOC

Hats, Long Sleeve Shirts, Sun Screen - NO EXCUSES

what you do with the two virgins is a private matter. virgin cold pressed is most expensive brand, but worth it, hasn't been violated.

It does not matter Doc, our wives are not going to let us have pets!

fred

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For the Long sleeves, I would recommend the Huk brand.  I use this for fishing in Hot weather and it’s comfortable.  For big Floppy hats, the ones from Sun Protection Zone are nice.  And, if you can get your regular doctor to prescribe it, get some Fluorouracil,  the Skin Doctors hate it !

Great advice Doc. Cancer sucks. Both of my parents have succumb to it. Wasn't skin cancer, but cancer all the same. I like the big wide brim straw hats myself. I'll need to get better at wearing lotion on my arms. Thanks for the very serious reminder.

I'm the worst when it came to SPF protection.. Never used anything except maybe some 8 or 12 at the beginning of "the season" to get the base coat set, then tan away I'd go.. The one concession I eventually made was floppy hats..

But that's all about to change, thanks to 3+ years of prednisone.. It's one positive attribute just barely outweighs all its negative side effects.. But with it being the only drug known to be able to do what it does ya just gots to grin n bear the negatives regardless how gross or weird they are because there is no effective substitute..

The worst side effect to/for me is what it does to a person's skin.. Not only does it age one's epiduras into a thin thin thin wrinkled parchment it also allows for skin to be easily torn as well as formation of gentle-contact sub-dural bruising.. All this adds up to me now being somewhat of a sun 'fraidy cat due to the possibility of a spontaneous combustion event taking place.. Welll, at least that's what it looks and feels like could just might happen..

So yeah, after about ten months of a near sedentary almost totally indoor existence, reasons of which I'll lay out in a soon-to-be post, you better believe that when the temp finally lets me start getting back outside to rebuild myself I'll also be slathed in SPF high numbers of the likes I've never previously worn..

Speedy recovery to you yet again, Doc.. You've always pulled it off in the past; gotta keep that winning streak going..!

Swamp

On 10/13/2018 at 6:42 AM, fredmason said:

It does not matter Doc, our wives are not going to let us have pets!

fred

I know, right?  Why do  they get so bitchy about things like that? 

It's OK, I married way way way above my pay grade.  48 years with the most beautiful woman I ever met.  Not only is she gorgeous she is just genuinely a loving selfless wife and mother.  I scored big time.

gregdee41606.jpg

Her name is Diana, and she has zero interest in prospecting.

Doc

• Like 2

On 10/14/2018 at 6:09 PM, OferAZ said:

For the Long sleeves, I would recommend the Huk brand.  I use this for fishing in Hot weather and it’s comfortable.  For big Floppy hats, the ones from Sun Protection Zone are nice.  And, if you can get your regular doctor to prescribe it, get some Fluorouracil,  the Skin Doctors hate it !

Here's my secret pharmacy.  They are actually located in New Zealand but fill order from Vanuatu.  I have done business with them for over 10 years.  100% ethical and never had issues with my packages being delivered or being charged anymore than what the order says.  No scripts needed for the items they sell.

For example, just yesterday I ordered a new tube of Fluorouracil 5%.  $51.75.  Much cheaper than paying for a visit to the doctor, then having to get it filled at the Pharmacy.  This is a 20 gram tube.  If I were to get it at the pharmacy it would be a 40 gram tube and be $297.

https://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/p-739-efudix-cream.aspx

I also get my Migraine medicine there.   Imitrex, I get the APO brand 100mg.  It works the best for me.

Here's another money saving tip.  Look up your prescription medicine on GoodRX.com  It's totally FREE!   It  beats Medicare part D all to hell.  You put in your zip code, and it will give you the prices with their coupons at all of the Pharmacies close to you.  Go to the cheapest pharmacy and give them the group number on your phone for GOODRX.  First year on Medicare I used their drug prescription plan, what a rip off.  Cost me around $2,700.  I started using GoodRX.com, the next year I paid out only $675.  For example on Medicare I would pay $286 for a 3 month supply of Atacand.  Through GoodRX I got it at Walgreens for $89.

Just a few pointers that might save you some big money.

Doc

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Speedy recovery to you yet again, Doc.. You've always pulled it off in the past; gotta keep that winning streak going..!

Swamp

Thank you.  I'm going to be fine.

Doc

2 hours ago, DOC said:

Her name is Diana, and she has zero interest in prospecting.

Doc

Now that's what I call a handsome couple.  

Old Tom

• Like 1

Doc ... and she 'allows' you to follow your passion! She is a keeper for sure! But I'm singing to the choir! Stay happy my friend! :old: See you at the outing in November!