Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

OUTING ATTENDANCE POLL

Are you Coming to the Nugget Shooter Fall Outing? If so how many are you?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One....

If you will be attending the November 9th to 11th outing at the San Domingo Placers we need you to check in here so folks bringing food can get a head count and so we know what we need for prizes etc. in the raffle.

Dodacious, me, Bro and doggy Shadow Patch!

• Like 1

Sign us up. I'll Bring my wife. Chances are we'll come up early Saturday and prospect through sunday. That could change. I'll need to talk it over. She's game though, and a good cook. If we get a who's bringing what for food, we'll bring something different to contribute. It'll be a great chance for us to look at your detectors as well Bill. I've already spoken to my better half about getting a second machine. This way we both have one.

• Like 3

Question: Do I need a 4x4 to get to the site? Been recently considering trading my truck in anyway.

• Like 1

Thank you both so much for this chance to get together in your beautiful area!
Greatly looking forward to it! (Tell the Sun Gods to make it dry enough to drywash, haha!)

• Like 1

Looking forward to it. Have not gone to one of these outing yet. Hopefully there is enough room in this area for a 40’ toy hauler?

See y’all soon. 

• Like 1

Count me in Bill,

I plan on friday and saturday night. F350 with camper.

• Like 1

The big bird gets me into Sky Harbor around 12:30pm on Thursday the 8th. I've been really looking forward to this. Bill, I want to donate a Knife from my shop. I'll need to mail it to you ahead of time. PM me with the address you want it sent to. 

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

• Like 10
  • wow 1

20 hours ago, Jack H said:

Question: Do I need a 4x4 to get to the site? Been recently considering trading my truck in anyway.

Not to get to the camp area, but can come in handy when you are out hunting.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GearHead said:

Looking forward to it. Have not gone to one of these outing yet. Hopefully there is enough room in this area for a 40’ toy hauler?

See y’all soon. 

Should be no problem

Max and I will be there ... Hoping to arrive Wednesday before outing but no later than Thursday morning. 

• Like 2

I would like to come out and see, and say hello.

I just joined this forum, but it seems like a club, and the timing is perfect.

We will be in Scottsdale on around Nov 5th - so I can probably drive out to this site very easily right?

On the Map it looks like it is about an hours drive from Scottsdale.   If I was going to come out just for the day and drive home, does that sound practical?  I mean, if I really like it I could come for another day too.   If I had to pick one day to come, what should it be?

Regards

Bud

• Like 1

BuddyK ... Saturday would be the day and stay for the evening meal at least. If memory serves me correctly the potluck meal starts about 4:00 PM ... It's a great  time to meet a bunch of  great if not slightly weird folks! :old: Seriously though we all have a good time ... young old alike, new miners, old salts and everyone  in between. 

• Like 4

On 10/11/2018 at 7:19 AM, Mike Furness said:

Max and I will be there ... Hoping to arrive Wednesday before outing but no later than Thursday morning. 

Hopefully the sun city area will be open........that's were we will be on Thursday.  :)
Tom H.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BuddyK said:

I just joined this forum, but it seems like a club, and the timing is perfect.

Hey Bud, It's a great group of guys and gals that get together for one purpose.  Not all personalities match perfectly so folks pair off and go their separate ways during the day and go out hunting.  You can get very good advise from most of the older members of where to go for the best results.  This year there are some newer members and I am sure they would like to pair up with someone.  

Thursday is when the early birds come in and maybe early they go off to hunt all day.  Friday a good contingent comes in with some newbies you can acquaint with.  Saturday a lot of guys are tuckered out and stay around the camp with lessons in beeping and such.  Dinner is around four O'clock with long windedness and a giveaway of different miners articles and such.  ( I got dibbs on Terry Solomon's Knife that he is donating.)  There is also a few ornery Californians that come over to plunder our gold, great guys.  I hope this helps a little.

Old Tom  :old:    

• Like 7

8 hours ago, TomH said:

Hopefully the sun city area will be open........that's were we will be on Thursday.  :)
Tom H.

You better be hungry! I roasted and peeled a batch of chile...they are chillin' in the freezer waiting for Thursday supper!

• Like 5

Sounds like I might have to show up on Thursday too     :4chsmu1:

26 minutes ago, azdigger said:

Sounds like I might have to show up on Thursday too     :4chsmu1:

Bring some tortillas. The good kind in the refrigerated section, that have to be cooked. I think my griddle top is big enough for 4 of those at a time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArcticDave said:

Bring some tortillas. The good kind in the refrigerated section, that have to be cooked. I think my griddle top is big enough for 4 of those at a time.

Dave: I already planned on bringing REALLY GOOD handmade tortillas. :)

Tom H.

• Like 1
  • well done 1

1 hour ago, TomH said:

Dave: I already planned on bringing REALLY GOOD handmade tortillas. :)

Tom H.

Sweeeeeettttt :droolin:

Can I come if I promise to be nice? 

I am an excellent cook, really, and my girlfriend  (yes I actually have 1) is almost as good, but is a better baker.  Lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wyoprospector said:

Nope. Only rabble-rousers allowed.:rolleyes:

Just kidding. I've been to an outing and had a great time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wyoprospector said:

I am an excellent cook, really, and my girlfriend  (yes I actually have 1) is almost as good, but is a better baker.  Lol

Everyone is welcomed to come to the outing!!

1 hour ago, Wyoprospector said:

Morlock, well I've ruffled some feathers on here last month,  don't want to get beat up lol. 

Don't worry no one is going to beat you up :inocent:, they may however hang all your prospecting gear high up on a pole and laugh while you're trying to get it down, it will be sorta like being new in high school all over again!!!:th_panic:

JK, you'll leave the outing with many new friends!! :thumbsupanim

Be sure to enter how many there will be with you including yourself in the poll up at the top, and bring a side dish for the Saturday common meal if you're going to be there that evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Wyoprospector said:

don't want to get beat up lol.

You''ll just have to take your chances! :hide:Most of us older guys don't remember what feathers you ruffled as all our feathers are in disarray anyway! :old:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1