Nugget Shooter Forums

T-BONE'S NUGGET - FOOTNOTE

BMc

An unfortunate footnote to the story is that T-Bone consigned the biggest nugget find of his life to someone he trusted in the Quartzsite area and reportedly, the nugget was sold without his being informed of the sale and he never received any compensation for it. The Sheriff's Office in the local jurisdiction became involved, and they located and sized the nugget. As a result, T-Bone said that he fully believed that he would eventually regain custody and ownership of it. The investigation of the case was ongoing in Arizona, and so it was said, that T-Bone returned to the Eugene Mts area hoping to repeat the performance of finding another Giant Gold Nugget. Con't.

My family got together recently and one thing we discussed was all the gold we've lost to swindlers. Mason jars full; stolen, nuggets entrusted to a carpenter trusted to showcase them in the family dining table, quartz crystals laced with gold supposed to be appraised never to be seen again.

And much of it from thieves and con artist's around Quartzite.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Irritated 1
  • wow 1

9 minutes ago, Edge said:

My family got together recently and one thing we discussed was all the gold we've lost to swindlers. Mason jars full; stolen, nuggets entrusted to a carpenter trusted to showcase them in the family dining table, quartz crystals laced with gold supposed to be appraised never to be seen again.

Gold just brings them out of the woodwork donnit?

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 3:26 PM, Edge said:

Dang, Edge! What a drag. Don't sell that .32, whatever you do! But if you must, use the proceeds for a safe deposit box at the bank. Sorry for your loss(es)!

40 minutes ago, Nugget Shooter said:

I miss T-Bone, he was one that helped.....:aw-shucks:

Even though I never met him, it really bothered me after I heard he had been defrauded out of his biggest single nugget find and it was depressing to then learn of his death.  It was like he had been hit with a double whammy that was so unfair and hard to take. Terry was a fine craftsman doing what he loved to do, maximizing his potential at a very difficult profession and beating the odds for a long time. A happy go lucky guy, whose luck run out, at least partially because the deck was stacked against him. Every time I cross the tracks at Pronto crossing I look good both ways, then I hit it and try to catch air, and I say a whispered prayer for T-Bone . . .