Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
smithsgold

Crevicing for Gold

Crevicing for Gold

Crevicing for Gold

Watch as Jeff and Gary ( Two Toes ) head to the Hills in search of Gold !!! On this adventure  they will be Crevicing the Bedrock cracks in search of Hidden Gold !!!!

Thanks for watching,

Jeff 

• Like 6

Enjoyed the video Jeff! I've been watching Gary's videos for maybe a couple years now and remember him talking a little about the signs he looks for in choosing which boil to search. 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 8:51 PM, Capt.Obvious said:

You said " gold " 5 times in your title and description 

I like Gold !!!! Thanks now that you pointed it out I see it !!! 

On 10/6/2018 at 3:25 AM, Randall said:

Enjoyed the video Jeff! I've been watching Gary's videos for maybe a couple years now and remember him talking a little about the signs he looks for in choosing which boil to search. 

Thanks for watching when doing Boil Holes I'm looking for heavy's and Iron and of coarse Gold but if you find the heavy  Iron objects then there's almost always Gold in the holes I've watched Gary find Good Gold in them me I''m still looking !!!! 

Speaking of iron in holes, at one of my old claims in the Susitna River drainage up in Alaska, I found a scour hole, or boil hole, back in 1993.  At the bottom, along with black sand and gold and shotgun pellets, I found a hand-forged iron chain link about 5 inches long.  The next spring, because I'd found some decent gold there before, I went back and found the same hole.  Once again, there was a wrought iron chain link, forge welded and in unused condition, except for light corrosion.  It was identical to the one I had found the first year, or as identical as two things hand-forged can be.  At first I suspected that one of my brothers had followed me out there and was playing a long prank on me, but none of them ever mentioned it -- and besides, they had poor poker faces, so I would have known.  In five out of a total of eight years, I found a single chain link in that hole, all five the same size, and I never found any others anywhere else along that watershed.  The best I could figure is that in the early part of the 20th century someone who was carrying supplies to a mining camp had accidentally dumped a box of new chain links into the creek, or it could have happened when the railroad was being built.  Anyway, I still have four of the five links.  I didn't keep the link from the first year because I didn't expect to start a collection.  I've always wondered if there are still pieces of chain washing down that creek.

That same hole always had mercury in it, every year, and the gold was mostly amalgam.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Saul R W said:

Speaking of iron in holes, at one of my old claims in the Susitna River drainage up in Alaska, I found a scour hole, or boil hole, back in 1993.  At the bottom, along with black sand and gold and shotgun pellets, I found a hand-forged iron chain link about 5 inches long.  The next spring, because I'd found some decent gold there before, I went back and found the same hole.  Once again, there was a wrought iron chain link, forge welded and in unused condition, except for light corrosion.  It was identical to the one I had found the first year, or as identical as two things hand-forged can be.  At first I suspected that one of my brothers had followed me out there and was playing a long prank on me, but none of them ever mentioned it -- and besides, they had poor poker faces, so I would have known.  In five out of a total of eight years, I found a single chain link in that hole, all five the same size, and I never found any others anywhere else along that watershed.  The best I could figure is that in the early part of the 20th century someone who was carrying supplies to a mining camp had accidentally dumped a box of new chain links into the creek, or it could have happened when the railroad was being built.  Anyway, I still have four of the five links.  I didn't keep the link from the first year because I didn't expect to start a collection.  I've always wondered if there are still pieces of chain washing down that creek.

That same hole always had mercury in it, every year, and the gold was mostly amalgam.

Great story Thanks for sharing it with us !!!  I bet that holes loaded up again !!!!!

• Like 1

Thought I'd share a picture of the area we have been working this summer   

at the Claim 2018.jpg

• Like 5

Dude where are your gloves? You're setting a bad example for us gold finders with soft hands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/27/2018 at 5:02 PM, boulder dash said:

Dude where are your gloves? You're setting a bad example for us gold finders with soft hands.

There in my pack staying nice and clean !!!! I know i need to wear them and save the hands some ware and tear !!!! I need to get the knee pads out of the shed too !!!!! 

Thanks for watching hope you have a Merry Christmas !!!!