Nugget Shooter Forums

PONDMN

grubstake

Jerry,

Sorry to hear it's not just a simple fix, You got my support and prayers Bro, Hang in there.  :shake2:

Old Tom

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I  as you know thru Grubstake I just got out of ICU on Saturday and have not felt up to getting on the computer.   First I would like to thank all for their prayers and thoughts.  I went to the neurologist for a consultation and she said I had Acute myasthenia Gravis a very rare Autoimmune Neuromuscular disease and that I was  to go to the hospital immediately. Long story short was five days in hospital.  I My right eye is closed, I cannot hardly chew or swallow due to muscle weakness and am hoarse due to muscle weakness.  the nerves do not tell the muscles  to activate and the red blood cells are blocked by autoimmune problems.  No cure  but hope for better days.  Doctors  once a week for a long time.  Maybe ninety days before any real change if any.   Doctor say don't expect much but may get somewhat better.  Biggest thing is weakness.  Known as snowflake disease as no two patients are alike in symptoms.  Hope for better days as soon as posssible. Would not have been diagnosed yet if not for Grubstake.   My doctor said I was 2nd  patient he has seen with it in 45 years........  I continue to appreciate your prayers.  I will sell of some of my heavier detectors  but  will continue to coin hunt as  much as possible. This is an up and down disease on a regular basis I understand.  There are a list of banned medicines to include most antibiotics and steroids.  They say you can live a long life as long as you seek treatment regularly and call 911 when you have breathing problems.......Like they say........ It is what it is........Thanks for listening to my dribble.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hang in there Jerry. WIll continue to pray for you.
Tom H.

• Like 1

We continue to take what life gives us as we go along the road.  Don't give up, and I see that you are still hanging on to the lighter detectors like I am.  The charging days are over, just walk in and detect slowly like they have been trying to tell us for years.  Gold is an added bonus for me, I thoroughly enjoy the outdoors and comradeship of the diggers in our group.  Hang in there and do your best brother.   :shake2:

Old Tom

• Like 4

Old Tom   Yup I am not giving up.  I have too many things left to do.  Just going to have to slow down and do it a little at a time.   Normally I would be salmon fishing now, but with this it will be next year.  My friends in Oregon say that is not bad due to warm weater, no seasonal rains and not many fish in the rivers....  With bad shoulders I like the lighter detectors especially the Equinox 800, but  still have my old Fisher 1236X2 as a back up.   We don't quit just redirect.......Thanks Jerry

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1