Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BMc

FORUM SUPPORT

Posted (edited)

FORUM SUPPORT: Thomas Paine made it plain . . . "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country!" 
In light of recent unfortunate, untimely, and potentially impactful events experienced by the sponsor of the annual BBQ "Meet, Greet and Gorge festival", and to avert a worst possible outcome, BYOB event from ensuing, (Bring Your Own Brisket),  I propose the following: If anyone has been contemplating becoming a forum supporter/subscriber, now would seem to be an important and opportune time to do so. I would also urge that this be done promptly, so as to avoid having to mail in payment. I was hoping to verify, that as of the time of this writing, the establishment credit card processing machine had not yet been blown to smithereens by automatic weapons fire. In making this verification attempt, I discovered that the visa tab I tried to use did not work. I don't know exactly what this means, but it's possible that my worst fears may have been realized . . . :)

I noticed that my profile does not show that I am a forum supporter yet. Oh well, in view of recent events, I suspect that their waiting to see if my check clears . . .

Edited by BMc
add content
  • Like 3

Bill does take PayPal if I am not mistaken! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mike Furness said:

Bill does take PayPal if I am not mistaken! 

Mike, you are correct, and I did use PayPal. The "check" reference was just a throw away line intended to be humorous. I trust that our mutual clarification will remove any confusion or misunderstanding.

• Like 1

Should have been like magic and happened????? Did you go premium or unleadded? Anyone else had this happen?????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Should have been like magic and happened????? Did you go premium or unleadded? Anyone else had this happen?????

Not sure. :idunno: I tried subscribing a few weeks ago and when I clicked on the visa symbol, a pop up message said, "error 404" try again later. I tried it again today and same thing happened. Then I jumped over to PayPal and it went through quickly. 

I have been trying to get a membership for a month and a half. I want to use the Visa option but it directs me to PayPal either way you click. And my PayPal account is not mine (please see my response to your post about the credit card scam). 

I'd get a membership tomorrow if I could figure out how to do it without having to deal with PayPal. I have tried several times but the web site won't do it any other way.

Bob, You can use a c/c on PayPal without needing a PayPal account. They are like any other payment processor and you can run a c/c just the same even without an account. Since it is PayPal, you can also use your PayPal account to pay if you have one. If not, just select "checkout with card" or whatever they say and it should go as normal. 

I hope I worded that well? :89:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

I went back to confirm my selection which was Premium.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IDdesertman said:

Bob, You can use a c/c on PayPal without needing a PayPal account. They are like any other payment processor and you can run a c/c just the same even without an account. Since it is PayPal, you can also use your PayPal account to pay if you have one. If not, just select "checkout with card" or whatever they say and it should go as normal. 

I hope I worded that well? :89:

I have tried and tried. I cant find any way around the PayPal password. I have given it several tries and contacted Bill about it. No luck, no word and no membership. Tried it again this morning and I cant see any way around having to enter a PayPal password. I even tried to enter my original PayPal password but it has been changed. When I try to change it, it sends the new password to someone else's email address.

I am using the "checkout with card" option. The very first thing that option does is direct me to Pay Pal for a password.

Been after Bill for a couple of weeks to figure out how I can get a check to him or another method of payment but have heard no word. So I am going to call it quits unless I can figure something else out. 

Send me a check Bob, will upgrade today.... PO BOX 576 Morristown, AZ 85342, been busy working and getting ripped off last couple weeks :inocent:

• Thanks 1

I need you guys to put your forum name in comments section when you make a payment or I may not know who you be :89: I can not look up your name in members section many times to check upgrade.

Latest I have no forum name for is Chris B, please give me your username here so I can upgrade your account and thank you!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Send me a check Bob, will upgrade today.... PO BOX 576 Morristown, AZ 85342, been busy working and getting ripped off last couple weeks :inocent:

Thanks Bill. I figured you were swamped. 

I could not find your mailing address anywhere on this site or your website or I would have already mailed the check. There is a great physical description and even a map but I did not find a mailing addy anywhere.

Anyhoo, glad to support. It is a great forum and I am proud to be a member!

Hi Bill, Chris B, that's me aka hardtimehermit:)

• Like 2

got it... and thank you

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Getting ripped off is exhaustive and mentally disturbing work. Hopefully, if your ATV doesn't fall off the "flatty" on your way to "more access", you'll shake it off over the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:goodpost:

Heck of a topic here when all the participants are either admin, moderator, or forum supporter.  :)

Thanks guys !!

Luke

• Like 1

Just a small way to show support, and Respect to Bill and all you veterans with all the knowledge you share.:thumbsupanim

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2018 at 9:38 AM, hardtimehermit said:

Just a small way to show support, and Respect to Bill and all you veterans with all the knowledge you share.:thumbsupanim

I would agree that showing support and respect is obviously important. And, I suspect that access to the forum is something we tend to take for granted, and in doing so, we probably don't think much about the business expense associated with keeping it up and running. What may not be so obvious, is that one of the real added values, is the archival history available on this site, (the knowledge base), and that is well worth supporting, protecting, and perpetuating, IMHO. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 9:31 AM, LukeJ said:

:goodpost:

Heck of a topic here when all the participants are either admin, moderator, or forum supporter.  :)

Thanks guys !!

Luke

Small World. :aw-shucks:

On 10/3/2018 at 7:45 PM, Bedrock Bob said:

I'd get a membership tomorrow if I could figure out how to do it without having to deal with PayPal.

Nice to know I'm not the only one leery of PayPal transactions.

27 minutes ago, Micro Nugget said:

Nice to know I'm not the only one leery of PayPal transactions.

I'm leery as well when it comes to banking account information, given their past history. I'm not that concerned as regards a Visa CC, since my bank didn't hold me accountable for a $3200.00 multiple use/multiple state hit that one of my cards took a few years back. I understand that PalPal may not offer all of the same protections that a Visa card does . . . ?