Nugget Shooter Forums

It would appear that the "rats in government" may have neglected to delete an old bill or collection notice that their computer, which thinks it's in charge, keeps spitting out in July on an annual basis . . . ?

2 hours ago, BMc said:

USPS only. And Postal Inspectors forward cases of Credit Card Fraud on to the the U.S. Secret Service since they have primary jurisdiction. As has been the case for many years, the U.S. Secret Service is the premier agency that investigates Credit Card Fraud, Counterfeiting, and Check Fraud (allegations of forged U.S Treasury checks stolen out of the mail) among other things. In cases that involve International Fraud rings, there is usually a multi-jurisdictional Task Force, made up of F.B.I, U.S. Secret Service, Interpol etc.

Just as an additional side note, it is fairly common for groups of individuals; friends and cohorts, family members, etc., as well as organized crime ring members to exchange credit cards and use them extensively, then return the cards to their owners, who disavow any knowledge of the fraud. The same thing happens with U.S. Treasury checks; Social Security checks, SSI and Disability,  Welfare type checks and so on. When I worked a Fraud desk for an Oakland Bay Area P.D., I would receive manila envelopes containing forged U.S. Treasury checks, from U.S. Secret Service agents that hand carried them to us, on a monthly basis. They did not mail them. They hand carried them, and I signed for their receipt to maintain the integrity of the chain of evidence/custody. In our local jurisdiction, we worked these types of check frauds as a crime solving and prevention service to our Banks, and other financial institutions that were victimized by fraud. The Secret Service always had the option of running with it on their own, and did so on larger cases that necessitated Federal resources and capabilities.

va checks came from wisconsin until june 2018, now they come from kansas.

tucson va is where the witholding bill came from, tucson's billing department is in las vegas, and to send payment to atlanta georgia.

:ROFL: ????? appears my post got hijacked.... :inocent:

Really sorry to hear this happened to you, I hope it works out for you and the bank takes care of it (as they should).

2 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

:ROFL: ????? appears my post got hijacked.... :inocent:

I suppose it did...lol  :arrowheadsmiley:   Sorry that happened to you though. 

Hey thanks for all the support from all directions and I will get through this folks. Just pisses me off this can even happen. Society has made cyber money so easy to spend you can spend other peoples money if ya want :WOW: then they want their money back and sadly someone gonna lose.... usually the bank so fingers crossed.

Kind of miss good old cash.....

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Once upon a time you had to have a shiny pistol, a fast car and a big set of peaches to rob a bank. Now you can do it in your P.J.'s while sipping coffee. I am not sure the digital age has made us much safer where our frogskins are concerned.

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 4

Well they decided against me (customers bank) and kept my money, so I am out the detectors as well as the cash..... From this point on I will not take any online payments except through PayPal unless I have a signature. I lost the case because of the lack of a signature from a guy 3000 miles away and The product was not described well enough???? It was metal detectors and all info was on the receipt, how is that inaccurate?. Square does not cover anything but 250.00 and because of banks decision will not even give me that back now. So there is nothing I can do at this point and I can't even believe this happened and then on top of that an EX forum member went as far as to send me a note saying "Sorry about the chargeback, ain't karma a bitch?" WTF was that supposed to mean? Anyway this was a devastating blow my friends and recovering will take time...

I am only sharing all this because I want others to take great care when accepting ANY credit card online or you may also find yourself in the same situation, trusting your customers is not enough anymore. Guess it is what it is and ya just got to struggle on....

• Irritated 3

So sad, Bill...

maybe "karma" will get back to the sorry soul that sad that to you...

Fred

Depressing.

Sorry to hear Bill ... and that sorry former forum member ... well guessing she is just not worth much as a person!

!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't think it's over, unless you want it to be.. Wayyy too many holes..

For starters:  These days what bank in the world lets a multi-thousand $ credit card transaction go even five minutes
without bank re-verification, much less an entire billing cycle?

Sounds to me like you're being given The Board Room Shuffle..
As someone said earlier: Time to call in the Big Boys!
It's also possible this scam only targets transactions of large $ amounts run through Square..

Swamp

Edited by Swampstomper Al
  • Like 3

Yes it is messed up and this was my last communication on it from Square....

"Because the customer’s bank makes the final decision in a payment dispute, Square has no further rights to pursue the collection of these funds via the dispute process.

You can track the status of individual disputes on your "Square Dashboard" and learn more about Square’s role in the process by reading our Support Center article on "Payment Disputes"

Sincerely,
The Square Dispute Resolutions Team

Square Secure protects your business so you can focus on the next sale."

• Sad 1
  • Irritated 1

Could we raise some money to sue? Find a lawyer? How about local TV station Consumer reporters? Make them aware and caution folks that use this service. They don't like negative PR.

3 hours ago, Terry Soloman said:

Could we raise some money to sue? Find a lawyer? How about local TV station Consumer reporters? Make them aware and caution folks that use this service. They don't like negative PR.

No Terry and thanks, but I will be OK and just posted this to help others avoid something like this.... Just going to take a spell to get out of the mud so to speak. I figure it always could have been worse eh? :yikes: After all it is true that we assume some risk taking CC payments, but from now on it is PayPal only for me on non signature CC payments. If PP says no it is simply NO

• Like 2

Sounds good. Let's have a knife sale . . .!!  :)

• Like 1

What does the company who's product it was say?  Are they able to help you in anyway, maybe discounts on future devices sold?  You have got to sell a significant percentage of the devices purchased in AZ, and I wouldn't be surprised nationwide.  It'd be a shame for the company to lose you as a vendor.  As this scam gets bigger, its not only the dealers who drop ship the products, but the manufacturers as the dealers get scared away.  Right now someone defrauds a dealer, the consumer is much more visible and the bank sides against the vendor.  No real incentive to a vendor if  several years worth of profit is wiped out in one purchase.

I am a Minelab Dealer and it was a Minelab(s) purchases in question and they are doing all they can and serial numbers will be listed as stolen. NO ONE is in reality responsible except ME for taking the Credit Card. No I don't like it, but my only other option is cash only and that will not allow a business to compete. I will take the loss and take steps to avoid falling into this trap again my friend....

• Like 3

"Sorry" to hear about your hit Bill.  Times are getting tougher with all the scams, etc. out there.  As for using PayPal, ...I have been selling various items on eBay for a number of years now, and have been using PayPal with each and every transaction.  I have never had an issue with them, and would rather use PayPal than use any other route (other than local-cash).  I like it that if the buyer doesn't meet certain qualifications and /or their CC or payment fails to be valid PayPal won't clear me to go ahead and ship the product.  I don't ship if it doesn't clear thru PayPal.  And if the buyer doesn't clear up the descrepancy within a few days the sale transaction will be cancelled, so that I can relist and change pricing if I want to.  Gary  

• Like 1

It is completely wrong that the bank didn't step up to the plate, and I'm sorry for your loss.  Banks promote credit cards and push their use because they make enormous profit on them. They set the rules. The process requires that security be relaxed to the point that there will be a certain amount of fraud.  Banks know this and still promote the use of their credit cards.  As the party with the most information and power and the most to gain, they should bear the cost of the fraud involved in the use of cards, which to them is just a small line item.  For consumers, banks usually do, as they don't want to scare people away from using cards to buy things on credit.  With big businesses, banks also have to be somewhat fair.  With small businesses, though, who lack power, I'm afraid it's more murky, and banks play the bully and look for ways to blame the business owner.

Edited by Dubious
  • Like 1