Nugget Shooter Forums

Well Doc brought up one scam a month or so back and these thieves are getting really skilled now. I have taken a huge hit that it will be very difficult to recover from if the banks involved do not return my money and the detectors were shipped, delivered, signed for, and long gone. I have all required info and everything was done right on my end, but the cards used were stolen, fake, or ? So the bank took money out of my account through my card processing company (Square) and told me it would be 30 to 90 days before a decision will be made. They said card holder knew nothing of the purchases.

Plus the bank nailed me a month after the items were sold and I never saw it coming...

I am a small business and this has really hit hard and taken all my resources leaving me scrambling to stay afloat and pay bills. Beware my friends these guys are getting good and though I will not say how much they got me for, but it was more than one high end detector. 

Not even sure how to move forward now and scared to death to take any CC sales....

Worst part is I am not told what bank, can't talk to them, and just have to wait while triple digit numbers hang in the balance that I may never get back and the detectors are gone and naturally I still had to pay for them.

Worst part is everything went through correctly, followed the rules, did everything required by the CC company and still took the hit. Even if they do give the money back the hassle once again makes me want to not take cards which in this day and age leaves a business owner in the stone age and unable to make ends meet.

Sorry just venting and I would warn you on what not to do to avoid this, but I did everything right...

• Sad 4
  • Irritated 5

Old son, you have a right to vent. I know how you feel, I got taken three times for a total of 2,000.00 and only got 800.00 back. And it took months to finally resolve the one successful claim. The CC companies are happy to take their 3-4% on hundreds of sales but don't want to know you exist when you place a claim. I'm REALLY sorry to hear about this my friend. HH Jim

• Thanks 1

Will be waiting to hear how this plays out for (you) the "Proprietor".
This "credit" card stuff is all a high end game especially when stuff starts to hit the fan "unexpectedly".
They have to step up to bat if you followed normal routine and it was "approved".
Good Luck even thou you should NOT need it.
I remember when they started all this, we had a hand held slide machine to process the sale with carbon copies and if over a certain amount we had to "call in" !
But that was back when men were men an sheep were scared !

• Thanks 1

Scammers took me for about $30K last summer. A little different angle but the same general theme. Cleaned out my bank account and also my elderly mother's joint account. They even officially changed my address and had all the statements routed to Sacramento California and Ft. Lauderdale Fla. They got my credit report that had all the accounts I was involved in and proceeded to clean them out. They then opened up over a dozen checking accounts in my name all over the country and deposit stolen funds. Then people use ATM's to remove the cash from the accounts $300 per day.

After they finished cleaning out the accounts they sold my info to criminals. So far I have been jailed for bank robbery, armed robbery and passing bad checks. All in Florida. Every two or three months the police come to my door with an arrest warrant and take me to jail. I get stripped, booked, and given a forced injection while chained to the wall. I fight and they beat me with sticks. Then my lawyer calls them,  they let me out on OR and I show up in court to explain what happened and get the charges dropped. A few months later it happens again. 

So yeah, things are tough all over with the stolen identity and electronic scamming. There is no real solution and the law does not really give two squirts about getting it straightened out. They are not going to use any logic or even try to look back a few weeks. They just keep repeating the nightmare like  a bunch of trained rats in a circus. They just pretend they are "protecting and serving" while they drag you to jail again, full well knowing that you are completely innocent of the charges and that your identity has been stolen. 

The good news is the bank returned my mother's money. So at least she did not lose everything. I was not so lucky.

Be real joyous it is not worse and the police aren't stalking you. It seems they are less worried about whether you are a criminal or a victim and are hyper focused on putting another piece of meat in the freezer. So far the law has been quite unable to do anything except make the situation much worse. And working with them and reporting it has only given them tools to use against me, the victim. As far as I know the criminals are still working from their last known address using my name to steal money and make bail. And I am due in court to explain to the same judge for the third time that I have never ben to Florida and this continuing nightmare has been reported to the police many times over the past several months.

only time me uses card is at the bank that issued the card, draw enough money out to live on for two three months.

wells fargo in yuma ripped me off in 2005, took my home.

use union bank in blythe ca. grandfather left his union bank stock to my mother 1970. my evil sister, her attorney husband took everything when mom died 2015. they are the one's behind all my problems last thirty years.

verona treaty- attorneys as foreign agents as privateers free to plunder natives wealth.

Hence I hold no bank account.  Prepaid cards works for what I do.  SURPRISE !  Yes you can do just fine without a Bank Account.   Cashing second party check is a pain in the Rump but in the end they get cashed. 

Worst part is there is not dependable insurance available to cover this type of theft for a business and one accepts the risk if you take cards I guess. It is all well and good as an individual to have no bank dealings, but that is impossible as an online business, we have to use banks as well as cards to pay our vendors. No card = No dealer account, simple as that.... Time to sell some stuff I guess :idunno:

Posted (edited)

past year been working with a senior financial official at a major post office. to restore the post to it's original non government status. all local banks, their managers and workers merge with the post. attorneys, bankers, and government officials put in prison on this planet earth.

post bank treasury,  protected by local non ranking militia.

natives do not have corporate husbands/wives. they have mates, with the female choosing who and when they mate with.

another reason why females are more intelligent and have better instincts than males.

Edited by wet/dry washer
Spelling
  • Haha 1

Said a prayer for you Bill. Really sorry to hear this!

• Like 3

Damn, sorry to hear this Bill if I can help you out in any way don't hesitate to ask, if I can I will!!

• Like 2

Bill I heard about this awhile back.If its the same scam I heard about Its the shipping companies that are allowing this to happen by allowing a midway shipping diversion by hacked email.
Im sure its the Russian hackers that are behind it. your detectors are probably going to end up on ebay. the only thing I can suggest is changing your shipping company.
the shipping companies should be taking the hit on this.
best of luck on the outcome. AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

FedEx Bob and they were not diverted and went to an apartment complex, signed for with customers name and has been buying from me for 3 months.... Lot of IF's here, but I will say the name is indeed Russian or similar for sure... Just that many of my customers have foreign names... ONLY using PayPal now as they give 5000.00 guarantee on any card they accept, Square gives 250.00... Ouch. Still folks can use any card without joining etc. with PP

• Like 2

Dang Bill now you got me wondering? Is it a new scam? But I do agree about paypal I was going to mention them and forgot.
I have a business account with them and have never been refused a refund. sometimes they investigate but it never takes more than a few days.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

Dead on Bob and guess I'll have to go this route, was my recommendation from Minelab and other vendor involved as well. Easy Peasy often is Cheesy. Like them or hate them PayPal I think is currently the largest bank in the world and treats their customers very well.

Lost of PayPal haters out ther and we take checks, cash, bank transfers, and all dat chit....

Don't worry Bill if I;m ever in the market for another detector, it will be with a POSTAL money Order. That sucks, you got taken! Grubstake

12 hours ago, frank c said:

Will be waiting to hear how this plays out for (you) the "Proprietor".
This "credit" card stuff is all a high end game especially when stuff starts to hit the fan "unexpectedly".
They have to step up to bat if you followed normal routine and it was "approved".
Good Luck even thou you should NOT need it.
I remember when they started all this, we had a hand held slide machine to process the sale with carbon copies and if over a certain amount we had to "call in" !
But that was back when men were men an sheep were scared !

Hi Dad, Where's maaaaaaaaaaom? :)

Bill, Sorry you got hit. Seems like you have a valid claim against the card company for not safeguarding their customers accounts properly. (assuming there's no collusion between their customer and the buyers) And then you might have a possible claim against the individual cc holder and the bank. My guess is that they will reimburse you for the loss. The business decision of accepting cards vs PayPal shouldn't bother your customers that much, since many/most dealers seem to be going that route as well.

• Like 1

What can I say really bad.   Slucks

• Like 1

I hope you can get things worked out Bill. It doesn't sound good. Years ago, before PayPal, I used a credit card processing company (Card Service International) and had a few chargebacks but none were more than 40 or $50. Had a few problems with ebay and PayPal as well, but again, it was for small amounts to shady customers and it was nothing compared to the amount I was grossing.  
The FBI should be able to track down the perps. I hope they get involved. 

• Thanks 1

Bill,

Find out who the Federal regulatory agencies are for each bank and credit card processor involved. Wright a letter of complaint explaining the situation and cc it to all regulatory agencies. Also list on the letter that it is to be sent to your AG, congressman and senator.

Take this to your bank first and see what their reaction is before you send it. A similar situation happened to us and our bank told us there was nothing they could do.  When shown the letter however the bank asked us to not send the letters  and that they would credit my account and would resolve the issue themselves. To this day I do not know it the bank was at fault or if anyone was at fault or if I even had a truly viable legal complaint. But all the money was credited to my account the next day.

The worst that can happen is that they will still not return your money.  But apparently one can open up a can of worms for them and maybe, just maybe you would  eventually see something out of it all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

postal inspectors cover all frauds, much quicker.

6 hours ago, wet/dry washer said:

postal inspectors cover all frauds, much quicker.

Will they cover Fed Ex?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisski said:

Will they cover Fed Ex?

USPS only. And Postal Inspectors forward cases of Credit Card Fraud on to the the U.S. Secret Service since they have primary jurisdiction. As has been the case for many years, the U.S. Secret Service is the premier agency that investigates Credit Card Fraud, Counterfeiting, and Check Fraud (allegations of forged U.S Treasury checks stolen out of the mail) among other things. In cases that involve International Fraud rings, there is usually a multi-jurisdictional Task Force, made up of F.B.I, U.S. Secret Service, Interpol etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

pass july did not receive me va check, va claimed owed them money for past bill, told the postmaster, got me check.

same happened july 2017, July 2016, va RI claimed me owed them a bill when there in 2012. each time complained to post, got check back. expect the same will happen in july 2019.

post is in charge of all trade, commerce on planet earth. it's the rats in governments that think they are in charge.