Nugget Shooter Forums
AllenJ

First Nugget...

I've dug I don't know how many targets since starting this adventure last February, this one turned out to be gold!  Was working tailing piles and exposed bedrock from a mine worked in the early 1900's.  Weight was .7 grams.

Mr. Southern you have a lot to do with this find.  Your videos taught me what to look for, to stay positive and probably the most important lesson,  keep it fun.  Thank you sir and keep the video's coming!!

First Nugget.jpg

First Nugget2.jpg

• Like 13
  • well done 9

Nice chunk, congratulations. 

• Like 1

The one is always the hardest. The rest come easier.  Congrats!!

• Like 1

Nice chunker , thats cool a 100 years ago who ever dug that missed it and it had your name on it .

• Like 1

Congrats! Way to keep at it and man what a feeling that first one is. Thats a nice first one. :yesss:

Tom H.

• Like 3

VERY NICE first find my friend and glad you think I helped, but I simply share what I have learned as do many here, you did the work and located the nugget. Congrats and they seem to come easier after the first one....

• Like 1

Great find Allen - Congratulations! :party-smiley-027[1]:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AllenJ said:

I've dug I don't know how many targets since starting this adventure last February, this one turned out to be gold!  Was working tailing piles and exposed bedrock from a mine worked in the early 1900's.  Weight was .7 grams.

Mr. Southern you have a lot to do with this find.  Your videos taught me what to look for, to stay positive and probably the most important lesson,  keep it fun.  Thank you sir and keep the video's coming!!

First Nugget.jpg

First Nugget2.jpg

After digging hundreds or thousands of non-gold targets, It's amazing how long it sometimes takes a person staring at a dirt covered lump, for it to sink in. It's gold? isn't it? OMG! IT IS! It's Gold!!! 

Happy Gold day fellow Argonaut.  And we wish you many more!

• Like 3

Congrats on your first nugget!

• Like 1

Nice little chunky munky. So you didn't spend 5 years and change countless detectors in the pursuit?

• Haha 4

Very nice first find!!!!  You've now found the hardest one, the rest will be, well, still hard but not as hard as that one!  Way to go, Allen!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Uncle Ron said:

Very nice first find!!!!  You've now found the hardest one, the rest will be, well, still hard but not as hard as that one!  Way to go, Allen!

Yep, After the first two or three times, it's generally not nearly as hard as it was the first time! :D

Sorry couldn't resist!

Edited by BMc
mea culpa
  • Like 1

Way cool first nugget Allen ... Now go out and find it's brothers and sisters! They say the sister nuggets are the biggest! :25r30wi: ... That's just the way I heard it ... Take any way you want! :old:

• Like 1

Beautiful! I am still searching for that first one myself. I feel it coming. Might be today or it may be a year from now but it will happen lol. 

Glad you found yours brother keep in digging.

• Like 2

Nice first 'un :yesss:

That sure looks like an ancient channel find to me; based on your short description I'm assuming no running water..? I'd definitely
keep working that area if so while also trying to find a surface punch-through in the vicinity..

Swamp

A small stream nearby but the tailings are not in it. It appears they dug ditches to bedrock then sluiced the pay dirty. Due to the number and location of square nails I think rather than bring the dirt to the stationary sluice they moved the sluice from time to time. Research says they used spring runoff due to lack of water in the area.

• Like 2