Nugget Shooter Forums

Hurricane Coming To AZ

Wyoprospector

14 hours ago, Wyoprospector said:

Large storm predicted to cross over Baha and into SW corner of AZ early next week. Could be some gold will be set free. 

https://youtu.be/UjdSpffU8BQ

I want a sworn affidavit . . . :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The track has moved very little and will likely be a tropical depression (34-63 knot winds) located over Central Western AZ by Congress around 11 Tuesday.

Time to tie stuff down.  The storms we usually get probably have winds worst, but only for minutes, these winds will last many hours.  A Hurricane wreaks havoc on Rocky point, Puerto Penasco Mexico about every twenty years like clockwork, and this may be it.

Edited by chrisski
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Yep we gonna get a good gully washer, always makes for a good couple months of visiting those "old faithful" areas. Wind is picking up here in Morristown and we are dead center whoo hoo.....

I agree Bill gully washers have a funny way of making more Gold.

AzNuggetBob

12 hours ago, adam said:

Nothing has started at all..... Batten down what hatches? for what reason?  a few sprinkles? Seriously!!

Why hasn`t this absurd thread been removed  ????

Because it gives us old farts something to talk about :)
Tom H.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It is true! It is sprinkling and all the gold has been set free! Free I tell you! FREE!

(The newly emancipated nuggets are running down the canyons waving their arms in the air)

I am lashing myself to the mast and putting on my life jacket until this thing passes. No doubt many will perish in the malestrom.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Mike Furness said:

Had a little rain and a lot of wind earlier today ... just real low clouds out there right now!

It is well known that low clouds often create a surface concentration in placer gravel.

When the clouds are low the bedrock contracts and spits the nuggets upward through the soil. It causes the nuggets to come right up out of the ground like a bean sprout! Just look for the little piles of fresh dirt first thing in the morning!

It is all science Mike. Thermodynamics and stuff.

Anyhoo, the nuggets are being freed as we speak. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • wow 1

30 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

It is well known that low clouds often create a surface concentration in placer gravel.

But only works on certain cloud types. Cumulus, Stratocumulus and Stratus. Any other cloud types will cause them to change into cacti fertilizer. All alchemy and stuff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

19 hours ago, azdigger said:

Getting a little sprinkle here and there in Kingman, but the wind is up.....we will see.

Glad you got your fishing done. Wouldn't want to be out on the lake past wading depth if that gale blows in, and we certainly can't disregard what happened to the Edmund Fitzgerald . . . :)

5 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

It is true! It is sprinkling and all the gold has been set free! Free I tell you! FREE!

(The newly emancipated nuggets are running down the canyons waving their arms in the air)

I am lashing myself to the mast and putting on my life jacket until this thing passes. No doubt many will perish in the malestrom.

Bwahaha, hopefully those little newly emancipated nuggets will find their way to my eager coil...

The tropical low hasn't even left Baja yet, still enroute. Either way, summer is ooooover!

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

they will have rubber boots on soon looking for puddles to stand in

More likely they will find puddles to kneel in so that it looks so much deeper! :inocent::old:

All I have to say is I am glad you guys finally decided to turn the heat down in Arizona. I thought I would fry before it cooled off this summer. It was not that hot as far as high temps but it was nearly 100 degrees every day for about four stupid months in a row. And it stayed hot all darn night the whole summer. I cant remember a summer that was so darned uncomfortable on an everyday basis. 

It was so darn hot we had to crawl in the oven and hunker around the pilot light to keep cool.

Just having a cool breeze blowing on a cloudy day is enough to get my nuggets dancing in the street. 

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 1