Nugget Shooter Forums

CAN AM OUTLANDER-ANY GOOD?

For the last several months I have noticed that the Border Patrol folks all seem to be riding Can Am ATV's here in NM. I've been thinking about a new Outlander, and was wondering if anyone personally knows anything about them or picked up any scoop on them, good or bad? I'd appreciate the feedback if anyone wants to send it.

Thanks,

Mac

Can Am makes a great product, I don't think you could go wrong with the Outlander, I have driven and road most everything out there and have had a lot of great times on them - that said when my Yamaha Bear Cat finally needed replaced this year I opted to buy the Razer, I tried everything out there and decided  that the Razer was the best bang for the buck. Most of my friends that ride in a fashion that will destroy your ride, have all grown partial to the Polaris. I punish the hell out of mine and it never fails to carry me home in style.  The affordable after market options are great, the cargo space on back comes in handy and though I rarely have more than one passenger I opted for the four seater and  hard top so I can carry all the gear I want. The added bonus for me was the fact that I managed to register it as a motorcycle so  I don't have to bother with a trailer unless I am traveling long distance.  I do not know if the Can Am will  register the same way. Since I live in farm land I figure in the event my trucks are down I can use the Razer to get to town in an emergency to see a doc or get a part! I borrowed two Can Am and one two seater razor before I even priced checked. in my opinion they are close but the Polaris was best for my needs. Twenty years ago I would only have opted for two wheel bikes but at 50 I enjoy the thought of a roll cage, soft seat, harness belts, and cd sound! When ones body contains as many metal parts as the motorcycle one is looking at it is time to look for four wheels! 

• Like 3

I have run nothing but Polaris...no problems at all.  Had a friend who spent more time waiting for his Can Am repairs than he did riding , not sure what model.

Turns out the BP rides Yamaha's as well as Can Am's in some places. They say they like them both and beat the heck out of them in the desert, round the clock. The new models seem to perform well. Guess I'll see in due course.

Thanks guys!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing that would be the complaint on just about any engine. :) When they don't run . . .  I reviewed all the various blogs on the Rotax engine and that doesn't seem to be an issue except for one anomaly on a failed part, but other than that . . .

Thanks for all the feed back!

• 2 weeks later...

Around here in central Kalifornia most of the vineyards do not Polaris any more. We run them 8 hours 6 days a week Polaris belts do not last. Most are using Yamaha or Honda. My buddy in Idaho runs a Can Am and loves it He rides mountain trails not dirt roads he is very happy with it.

Bob

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Beeper Bob said:

Around here in central Kalifornia most of the vineyards do not Polaris any more. We run them 8 hours 6 days a week Polaris belts do not last. Most are using Yamaha or Honda. My buddy in Idaho runs a Can Am and loves it He rides mountain trails not dirt roads he is very happy with it.

Bob

Trail riding is what I had in mind and so far it meets expectations plenty good enough for my pokin' around needs.

Thanks! 

Mac