Nugget Shooter Forums

Way cool!

Great pics.

As a kid, I remember my folks crossing the States and we stopped there. My Dad and I hiked to the bottom of the crater.....long long time ago.

• Like 2
  • wow 1

Really Neat ....Thanks for posting !:thumbsupanim

Nice evening shot with the shadows falling, that is an amazing place. I lived in Flagstaff for 5 years, and was lucky to have remodeled the ranch kitchen for the family that care takes the crater. Real nice folks they raise cattle, graze by the crater in winters and then they move the herd to high country in the summer. After the job i asked if they would mind if i hunted for some meteorites? They said sorry , but no. They don't give anyone permission, so between ranch land and state land the crater is not a place for the average meteorite hunter, but the view is really something.:)

That's a couple great pics. Thanks for posting.

May I ask what you flew over the crater in? Obviously a plane of some type but can you be specific?

Nice! What are the two much smaller features in the upper right portion of the pic? The closest of the two looks like a much smaller crater in a couple pics I've seen.

On 9/22/2018 at 8:16 AM, Morlock said:

That's a couple great pics. Thanks for posting.

May I ask what you flew over the crater in? Obviously a plane of some type but can you be specific?

A Challenger 300

On 9/22/2018 at 2:47 PM, Tom Strutton said:

Nice! What are the two much smaller features in the upper right portion of the pic? The closest of the two looks like a much smaller crater in a couple pics I've seen.

think those are man made cattle tanks from the ranch hardtimehermit spoke of...

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 10:43 AM, hardtimehermit said:

Nice evening shot with the shadows falling, that is an amazing place. I lived in Flagstaff for 5 years, and was lucky to have remodeled the ranch kitchen for the family that care takes the crater. Real nice folks they raise cattle, graze by the crater in winters and then they move the herd to high country in the summer. After the job i asked if they would mind if i hunted for some meteorites? They said sorry , but no. They don't give anyone permission, so between ranch land and state land the crater is not a place for the average meteorite hunter, but the view is really something.:)

This is why when I visit the area I make sure to give the care taking family some freshly baked cookies chalk filled with ambien and sometimes valium... They are usually lights out for about 12 hours, which is enough time to get my crew in with the heavy machinery. I suggest peanut butter cookies as they tend to enjoy those the most.

Edited by markyzmark
  • Haha 2