Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums
BMc

WHAT'S IN YOUR GO BAG?

Recommended Posts

 

If Sammy knew what was in your Go Bag, would he really ask, "What's In Your Wallet? :4chsmu1:

What's In Your Go Bag?

S&W M&P.45 Auto -  Reliability Trigger Job, (Crisp-No Creep 4 lb pull) Throat/Ramp Polish, Custom Grip w/Stippling, Mag Well Cutouts, Modified Mag rel. button, Tactical Tritium Sights Green/Yellow.

200 rnds Ammo. (Custom Modifications by Bowie Tactical Concepts)

Ruger SR22 .22 Cal. Double Action Auto 120 rnds Ammo.

2-GO BAG.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and an apple. I'm going tomorrow. When are you going?

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

That depends on what the reason for "going" is, I got one for fishing, for hunting, for general use and one for detecting...….some items are to the same for either bag.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that a go-bag for the O.K. Correl or a shoot-out with UFO's? (joke).
I have some water for your go-bag Bob if you save half a sandwich (serious).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to shop for "Go Bags," through my NightForce SHV 5-20x56mm Riflescope. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FlakMagnet said:

Is that a go-bag for the O.K. Correl or a shoot-out with UFO's? (joke).
I have some water for your go-bag Bob if you save half a sandwich (serious).

Actually, it was my South Central UMOFO's bag . . .  :200:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We see the bag you take to South Central. What we haven't seen is scalps in your belt headed back. Maybe a peanut butter and jelly sandwich would be more useful?

Edited by Bedrock Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw this...

.357, 100 rounds, lifestraw, canned fish, deer jerky, headlamps, rechargeable batteries and solar charger, 100' 550 cord, pancho, camp knife, sharpener, extra socks, tourniquet, tp, lighters, telescopic fishing rig, GPS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 5:27 PM, FlakMagnet said:

Is that a go-bag for the O.K. Correl or a shoot-out with UFO's? (joke).
I have some water for your go-bag Bob if you save half a sandwich (serious).

I initially passed on a response to the above UFO shootout question, which was asked in a joking manner, but I did smile when I read it because of the serendipitous irony involved. The reason being, is that my one and only UFO experience occurred on a military rifle range on Camp Pendleton Calif. where a group of Marines,  myself included, were preparing to engage in a night firing training exercise. The problem was, that three saucer craft had landed in an artillery impact area just beyond our silhouette targets that we about to shoot at. We could see them very plainly and in great detail through night optics (Starlite Scopes) and it was decided that shooting in their direction might not be a good idea.The incident left a lasting impression on me and considerably changed my attitude toward the subject.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BMc said:

I initially passed on a response to the above UFO shootout question, which was asked in a joking manner, but I did smile when I read it because of the serendipitous irony involved. The reason being, is that my one and only UFO experience occurred on a military rifle range on Camp Pendleton Calif. where a group of Marines,  myself included, were preparing to engage in a night firing training exercise. The problem was, that three saucer craft had landed in an artillery impact area just beyond our silhouette targets that we about to shoot at. We could see them very plainly and in great detail through night optics (Starlite Scopes) and it was decided that shooting in their direction might not be a good idea.The incident left a lasting impression on me and considerably changed my attitude toward the subject.

 

So what was the outcome of this landing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

So what was the outcome of this landing?

INCIDENT SUMMARY:

A Platoon of Marine Scout Snipers were in a night firing training class when a Saucer Craft silently appeared from behind a small mountain peak in the distance about a mile away. To the naked eye it looked like a twinkling star, only slightly brighter. It didn't make any noise as it would alternately rise and descend behind the little mt. peak and played cat and mouse, and peek - a - boo with us for several minutes. There were multi-colored lights slowly rotating counter clockwise which emanated from 5 portholes on the craft. Through the night scopes we could see that all of the portholes had a different colored filter/cover; red, blue, green, amber, (except one), that was clear, which accounted for the "twinkling" effect. The one clear porthole allowed a 1-2 second view into about half of the interior of the craft when it passed across our line of sight as it rotated. Inside the craft was a blindingly powerful light energy source similar to a light house beam which only seemed bright when it shot out of the clear porthole in our direction every 15-20 seconds.(when the open porthole came back around again)

 We had sand bagged bench rests set up, with Starlite Scopes mounted on M-16 rifles. Every time we got ready to fire, it would pop up from behind the mountain peak.  Our Company Officer refused to report the incident out of concern for his credibility and his career, even though there were many witnesses there who all saw the same thing, including senior enlisted Marines. A few minutes later, two additional, identical appearing saucer craft appeared in formation along side the first one. They proceeded to put on quite a show for us as they maneuvered through the sky, then, one by one, they shot off into space at a reverse angle and direction at an incredible speed.

The incident is further summarized in the body of my, " MarinesTWS" service record file. The attached day rifle range photos show the terrain features with the small mountain peak in the background over my shoulder. The night range was in a narrow valley within about a mile of the peak.

 https://marines.togetherweserved.com/usmc/servlet/tws.webapp.WebApp?cmd=ShadowBoxReflectionProfile&type=Person&ID=321244

SNIPER SCHOOL RANGE.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in this story the little green men did not go back into space but stayed behind to take selfies with the mortar tube?

Was this before or after you found the surfing bobcat in the cave on the beach in Victorio? Or the mountain poodles carved by Spanish masons? We really need a timeline here because this is all sounding a bit fantastic. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG2SPjcKM4M

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

So what was the outcome of this landing?

 

4 hours ago, BMc said:

INCIDENT SUMMARY:

A Platoon of Marine Scout Snipers were in a night firing training class when a Saucer Craft silently appeared from behind a small mountain peak in the distance about a mile away. To the naked eye it looked like a twinkling star, only slightly brighter. It didn't make any noise as it would alternately rise and descend behind the little mt. peak and played cat and mouse, and peek - a - boo with us for several minutes. There were multi-colored lights slowly rotating counter clockwise which emanated from 5 portholes on the craft. Through the night scopes we could see that all of the portholes had a different colored filter/cover; red, blue, green, amber, (except one), that was clear, which accounted for the "twinkling" effect. The one clear porthole allowed a 1-2 second view into about half of the interior of the craft when it passed across our line of sight as it rotated. Inside the craft was a blindingly powerful light energy source similar to a light house beam which only seemed bright when it shot out of the clear porthole in our direction every 15-20 seconds.(when the open porthole came back around again)

 We had sand bagged bench rests set up, with Starlite Scopes mounted on M-16 rifles. Every time we got ready to fire, it would pop up from behind the mountain peak.  Our Company Officer refused to report the incident out of concern for his credibility and his career, even though there were many witnesses there who all saw the same thing, including senior enlisted Marines. A few minutes later, two additional, identical appearing saucer craft appeared in formation along side the first one. They proceeded to put on quite a show for us as they maneuvered through the sky, then, one by one, they shot off into space at a reverse angle and direction at an incredible speed.

The incident is further summarized in the body of my, " MarinesTWS" service record file. The attached day rifle range photos show the terrain features with the small mountain peak in the background over my shoulder. The night range was in a narrow valley within about a mile of the peak.

 https://marines.togetherweserved.com/usmc/servlet/tws.webapp.WebApp?cmd=ShadowBoxReflectionProfile&type=Person&ID=321244

SNIPER SCHOOL RANGE.jpg

Skip, If you wanted to take a look at the outcome as you requested, before it gets Trolled again, here it is. . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

first moved the desert east of glamis ca 1974. heard the the story about the three saucers from three different males. wit, don and dean, all three lived  in north san diego in the 60's. each one had same story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wet/dry washer said:

first moved the desert east of glamis ca 1974. heard the the story about the three saucers from three different males. wit, don and dean, all three lived  in north san diego in the 60's. each one had same story.

Were they the pilots?  If not, how did they know? :idunno:Last evening, while pulling up a report I filed with the National UFO Reporting Center several years ago, I noticed a similar reported observation that occurred in November 1969 at the same location also involving a Marine Scout Sniper training unit. http://www.nuforc.org

(unless the above report was made by a member of the same class I was in. It was noted that his date of reported incident was approximated)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they were not pilots,they talked about what saw. the sightings where only seconds. don is the only one alive, will ask him about it when out there next month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not trolling you Mac. I just don't believe in UFO's.

I do believe that you saw something that you didn't understand and you interpreted it the only way that you knew how. And that is all good. The way you are presenting it makes a person wonder though. And I can't figure out how the photos relate. Maybe you just wanted to show us your photos and that is cool too. It does nothing to back up the UFO story though and a person naturally wonders about your motivation for posting them. 

I think it is only natural to be a bit skeptical. Not only because of the whole UFO thing but also the way it is being presented. Especially in light of the other posts I mentioned above. There is a pattern developing here. I was just expressing that. 

So carry on with your UFO's brother! Just don't get too hurt when guys take your stories with a bit of salt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I'm not trolling you Mac. I just don't believe in UFO's.

I do believe that you saw something that you didn't understand and you interpreted it the only way that you knew how. And that is all good. The way you are presenting it makes a person wonder though. And I can't figure out how the photos relate. Maybe you just wanted to show us your photos and that is cool too. It does nothing to back up the UFO story though and a person naturally wonders about your motivation for posting them. 

I think it is only natural to be a bit skeptical. Not only because of the whole UFO thing but also the way it is being presented. Especially in light of the other posts I mentioned above. There is a pattern developing here. I was just expressing that. 

So carry on with your UFO's brother! Just don't get too hurt when guys take your stories with a bit of salt.

Au Contraire Bob,

"So, in this story the little green men did not go back into space but stayed behind to take selfies with the mortar tube? Was this before or after you found the surfing bobcat in the cave on the beach in Victorio? Or the mountain poodles carved by Spanish masons? We really need a timeline here because this is all sounding a bit fantastic."

That's trolling Bob. Not believing in UFOs is fine. Most people don't. But it's not an excuse for trolling.

I have ignored the other ones which were more subtle, like your dislike of my use of the term, dissipation dike, and your subtle Jabberwocky references for example, but since they are on the increase, I can see we're getting back at the point where it tends to launch into a spiral of disparaging, back and forth nonsense. Not long ago, we were both called into the principal's office and told to knock off the B.S. I pledged that I would not engage in arguments with you and I've kept my pledge. I haven't posted on or reacted in any way to your posts. So, I would like to propose that we simply keep that agreement. I won't post on yours and you don't post on mine, agreed? That way there's no conflict. Now, for the purposes of the issues you were bothered about in my UFO related posts: If you want a timeline, for whatever reason, I will give you one. The date of the incident is written on the Scout Sniper school photos, which I mentioned I was posting to show the terrain features, (small mountain peak in back ground where incident occurred) The photos tend to support the narrative of the location, since it does appear to be a military rifle range. And that is an M40 7.62 caliber Sniper rifle with a 3x9 Redfield scope (with a non-functional range finder) That's how the photos relate. The Vietnam mortar photo just happened to be mounted on the same page as was the other photos, when I made the copies. If I had wanted to post the photos just to show them, I would have posted them in the Guns and Hunting section with a narrative report on the M40 Remington, (which I still plan to do at some point)

I told the story the way it happened, nothing more, nothing less. They weren't weather balloons. I "interpreted" and described what I saw the way I would describe a Mac truck or any other physical object.  Many witnesses were present and we all saw the three saucer craft, as described. The main reason I decided to post the story was, I realized that since I mentioned UFOs in my profile, the issue would keep coming up, so now it's been dealt with. As I stated, it was the one and only incident of it's kind I have ever witnessed and I wouldn't expect anyone to jump on board with the story, nor do I care one way or the other. I expect that most people would be skeptical about such things. That's exactly why the Company Officer in the story didn't want to report the incident, and why pilots have kept silent for so many years. Fear of ridicule. And it doesn't matter if you do or do not believe in UFOs, that's not the point. Everyone is entitled to believe what they want. So, I will ask you again, "nicely" as you once said, let's just reach a gentleman's agreement refraining from posting/reacting as I mentioned and let it go at that, OK? Deal?

 

  • well done 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 11:45 PM, BMc said:

Au Contraire Bob,

"So, in this story the little green men did not go back into space but stayed behind to take selfies with the mortar tube? Was this before or after you found the surfing bobcat in the cave on the beach in Victorio? Or the mountain poodles carved by Spanish masons? We really need a timeline here because this is all sounding a bit fantastic."

That's trolling Bob. Not believing in UFOs is fine. Most people don't. But it's not an excuse for trolling.

I have ignored the other ones which were more subtle, like your dislike of my use of the term, dissipation dike, and your subtle Jabberwocky references for example, but since they are on the increase, I can see we're getting back at the point where it tends to launch into a spiral of disparaging, back and forth nonsense. Not long ago, we were both called into the principal's office and told to knock off the B.S. I pledged that I would not engage in arguments with you and I've kept my pledge. I haven't posted on or reacted in any way to your posts. So, I would like to propose that we simply keep that agreement. I won't post on yours and you don't post on mine, agreed? That way there's no conflict. Now, for the purposes of the issues you were bothered about in my UFO related posts: If you want a timeline, for whatever reason, I will give you one. The date of the incident is written on the Scout Sniper school photos, which I mentioned I was posting to show the terrain features, (small mountain peak in back ground where incident occurred) The photos tend to support the narrative of the location, since it does appear to be a military rifle range. And that is an M40 7.62 caliber Sniper rifle with a 3x9 Redfield scope (with a non-functional range finder) That's how the photos relate. The Vietnam mortar photo just happened to be mounted on the same page as was the other photos, when I made the copies. If I had wanted to post the photos just to show them, I would have posted them in the Guns and Hunting section with a narrative report on the M40 Remington, (which I still plan to do at some point)

I told the story the way it happened, nothing more, nothing less. They weren't weather balloons. I "interpreted" and described what I saw the way I would describe a Mac truck or any other physical object.  Many witnesses were present and we all saw the three saucer craft, as described. The main reason I decided to post the story was, I realized that since I mentioned UFOs in my profile, the issue would keep coming up, so now it's been dealt with. As I stated, it was the one and only incident of it's kind I have ever witnessed and I wouldn't expect anyone to jump on board with the story, nor do I care one way or the other. I expect that most people would be skeptical about such things. That's exactly why the Company Officer in the story didn't want to report the incident, and why pilots have kept silent for so many years. Fear of ridicule. And it doesn't matter if you do or do not believe in UFOs, that's not the point. Everyone is entitled to believe what they want. So, I will ask you again, "nicely" as you once said, let's just reach a gentleman's agreement refraining from posting/reacting as I mentioned and let it go at that, OK? Deal?

 

BOB, I again am stepping in and will make the same request that Mac has ask of you, you don't respond to his posts and he doesn't respond to yours, other than in this case to confirm that you will abide by this request!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No can do Skip. No one is scuffing BMc up at all and this is all civil. If you are going to demand that we cant respond to each other in any way then you are just going to have to moderate. His request that I not respond to his posts is childish and is only meant to protect his fragile ego. 

Men must stand behind their words and actions and should not be insulated from them. I will respond in a civil fashion to any post I desire. Otherwise this is not the forum for me to be involved in.

Prohibiting me from respond to him in any way is just too much "political correctness" for me.  If he is so tender as to not be able to accept my response above then we are truly at an impasse.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

No can do Skip. No one is scuffing BMc up at all and this is all civil. If you are going to demand that we cant respond to each other in any way then you are just going to have to moderate. His request that I not respond to his posts is childish and is only meant to protect his fragile ego. 

Men must stand behind their words and actions and should not be insulated from them. I will respond in a civil fashion to any post I desire. Otherwise this is not the forum for me to be involved in.

Prohibiting me from respond to him in any way is just too much "political correctness" for me.  If he is so tender as to not be able to accept my response above then we are truly at an impasse.

 

Well alrighty then Bob :aw-shucks: , I guess you will be wasting your time responding too Mac's posts :nono:  :Just_Cuz_15: and I will have my "volunteered" work here on the forum cut out for me, so little time and so much to do. :poostorm: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are willing to work overtime to protect him form criticism he does not like then that is your monster to wrestle with Skip. 

I will be honest, respectful and speak my mind. You can delete anything that you think is out of bounds. You have the power to censor me if you so desire. If you are willing to do that to keep him from throwing a tantrum then that is your choice. That being said I am not going to worry too much about his feelings and emotions. 

I think we should all be big boys here and learn to deal with things we may not like to hear. Especially on subject like these. Trying to keep the snowflakes from melting is a tough job. It looks like you are trying to save an entire ski slope with this one. If it makes your job of protecting his ego easier I will not respond to him. But just remember it is not my job to walk on eggshells to keep him happy. That is a job that you have taken on all by yourself and it will be difficult. Ill do my best to make it as easy as possible for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally glad people believe in the ETs and UFOs.  Hides what we're really doing out there.  Unfortunately, it's much more mundane and boring.  Many of the aircraft are flown for decades or longer in the empty deserts of the west, especially if incident took place in 29 Palms or one of the other huge, training areas.  Aircraft like the F-117 stealth flew there for 10 years prior to being revealed in 1988.  Same thing with all the other new aircraft.  There were different military drones way before they became popular and that kind of sounds like something you saw.  Think your incident was after this, but the Air Force had a flying saucer experimentation aircraft.

Also at one time met a special forces soldier who flew along in a little bird, probably the recently retired tiny helo gunship, and he claimed him and the pilot at night time with lights off followed a person for training one night.  Several months later, he saw a young lady on a UFO show claiming the same night in the same area she had been followed by an alien spacecraft.  Also in the California desert, you'll hear about drivers on the long empty highways often having aircraft fly over them at night time with funny things happening to their electronics and this is usually some pilot on a low level mission with their electronic warfare equipment on.

 

Edited by chrisski
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chrisski said:

Personally glad people believe in the ETs and UFOs.  Hides what we're really doing out there.  Unfortunately, it's much more mundane and boring.  Many of the aircraft are flown for decades or longer in the empty deserts of the west, especially if incident took place in 29 Palms or one of the other huge, training areas.  Aircraft like the F-117 stealth flew there for 10 years prior to being revealed in 1988.  Same thing with all the other new aircraft.  There were different military drones way before they became popular and that kind of sounds like something you saw.  Think your incident was after this, but the Air Force had a flying saucer experimentation aircraft.

Also at one time met a special forces soldier who flew along in a little bird, probably the recently retired tiny helo gunship, and he claimed him and the pilot at night time with lights off followed a person for training one night.  Several months later, he saw a young lady on a UFO show claiming the same night in the same area she had been followed by an alien spacecraft.

 

Yeah, Ski, 

Edwards AFB was a hot spot for drones and experimental aircraft along in that time period also. Going back and forth to Vegas, you could see the flying drones buzzing around the area a lot. In 1970 though, with the Viet Nam war going on, if the U.S had possessed technology that the behavior of these craft exhibited, it would seem that it would have been used in a effort to win the war. And these saucer craft were moving, turning and maneuvering in "ways that defied the laws of physics" which is a quote that tends to describe their "flight" pattern fairly well. Example: Travelling East at a very high rate of speed, then, with no banking or turning maneuver, they shot off in the exact opposite direction, going as fast as you could turn your head from far right to far left. And they burned through the "atmosphere" in about 30-40 seconds or so, leaving a tail of sparks and fire, beginning at the front of the craft, gradually engulfing the whole thing until it looked like a comet in reverse, until they finally punched on through and disappeared. 

And of course, the theory that this stuff can be explained by saying it's our aircraft, doesn't take into consideration these types of sighting that go back many years before the airplane was invented . . . Or if you watch any of the new/recent news clips on regular television channels, you can see and hear our military pilots chasing these things, not catching up to them, and commenting (on the air), that they do not appear to be of earthly origin . . .  Some strange stuff out there. IMO.

Mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for the sake of the laws of physics...

An object accelerating through the atmosphere going up would not be increasingly engulfed in sparks and flames and then suddenly "punch through". The atmosphere is a gradient that gets thinner as you go up. So a craft that was accelerating toward cosmic speeds would burn near the surface where the atmosphere is thicker and the fireball would get less and less as it gains altitude until it gradually went out.

Just like a meteor burns dimly at the fringes of the atmosphere and more brightly near the surface where the air is thicker so would any object speeding through our atmosphere. The closer to the surface the more friction and the more fire and sparks. Friction gets less and less with altitude until it gradually fades into outer space where cosmic speeds are possible with no friction at all.

The description itself is evidence the object was falling into the atmosphere rather than escaping it. Regardless of the perception of the viewer(s), things are not always as they seem.

If a craft was accelerating so fast that it was burning from friction with the air an earthly observer could never perceive the fireball beginning at the front of the craft and increasingly engulf the object. That is an impossible perspective. If it burned for 30-40 seconds it was on a flat trajectory and would have gone over the horizon. Even if it was headed straight up and only had 60 miles to travel a man could have never seen the flames gradually engulf it from front to rear.

At that speed and increasing altitude all that an observer could possibly perceive is a light that got brighter or dimmer. The actual object would be out of sight very rapidly even if it was large and even if you were trying to track that speeding spaceship through rifle optics.

Just trying to keep it real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...