Nugget Shooter Forums

"One for Wednesday"

Boy, you talk about a beautiful (weather-wise) day to be out,...this one was it!!  It was clouded and overcast and there was a mist-like rain that greeted me when I opened my front door this morning around 7 am.  The air was coooooool, and I could hardly wait to get out.  When I finally got into this new wash around 8:30 it began to sprinkle a bit heavier,.....man it felt GREAT!!!!  The rest of the day (up till about noon when my battery died :2mo5pow::grr01:) had on-and-off rains come in that where "just-Right"---not too much to drench you, and the humidity was low.  

I was detecting toward upstream when I approached this inside bend where I saw a nice looking exposed-quartz vein ( contact zone) that had cut thru the decomposed granite bedrock.  :droolin:   Not more than a foot down stream of it I got this nice mellow signal (not the loud and obnoxeous ones you get from trash).  Nothing big,....but it's gold....:yesss:......I'm ready for more weather like this...........with a fully-charged :200:  battery next time.    Gary

SAM_0784.JPG

SAM_0786.JPG

SAM_0785.JPG

SAM_0787.JPG

SAM_0790.JPG

SAM_0791.JPG

SAM_0788.JPG

SAM_0789.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • well done 4

Nice pics, now that gives this Not found any gold Dummy something to look for ...nice nuggie too.

Thanks for sharing

• Haha 2

….and that's how you do it.  :party-smiley-027[1]:

Congrats Gary !!

Was that with the expensive detector, or your favorite?   :)

Luke

4 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

….and that's how you do it.  :party-smiley-027[1]:

Congrats Gary !!

Was that with the expensive detector, or your favorite?   :)

Luke

Hey Luke,.....  I didn't need the 7000 on this wash, as the bedrock is right there at the surface, so I used my f-a-v-o-i-t-e.  Thus far I have found 3-different-inside bends that have had a nugget-or-two,........all of the straight stretches so far have been barren.  Strange?????   Gary

• Like 1
  • well done 1

Gary - you're making me jealous.  I'm going to have to drive a little farther north.  LOL.  Keep-em coming.

17 hours ago, LowPoint said:

Hey Luke,.....  I didn't need the 7000 on this wash, as the bedrock is right there at the surface, so I used my f-a-v-o-i-t-e.  Thus far I have found 3-different-inside bends that have had a nugget-or-two,........all of the straight stretches so far have been barren.  Strange?????   Gary

Gotta love dat lazy gold . . .