Nugget Shooter Forums
theace115

100 year old artifacts?

47 minutes ago, Saul R W said:

BOB not bob, I'm still learning the English alphabet, and am almost to the halfway mark.  It will be a proud day when I get past m, n, o and p, and I plan to celebrate by holding a goat roast feast for the neighbors, provided they bring the goat.

As for The Dictionary, I also found it amusing that someone would offer you a ~200-year-old dictionary filled with more typos than an Alibaba ad in hopes of educating (or converting) you.  You're a capable wordsmith, and don't need no steenkeeng dictionary.

Speaking of languages, the capacity of the human mind to learn new ones amazes me.  My fiance, who has spent most of her life in a village with so little access to the outside world that she had never heard of eBay until a few months ago (and who, until last week, thought that Australia bordered California), is fluent in Cebuano, Tagalog and English, and is conversant in Spanish and Japanese.  She's learning Hebrew and Aramaic.  Most of her village is fluent in at least the first three mentioned languages, and these are people who live so simply that five or six houses share a 14-gauge electric cord -- a single fan in the bedroom is the extent of their appliances (and the bedroom is also the kitchen).  Not one household in that village owned a book until I brought a Dr. Suess collection for my future son, and yet they all speak multiple tongues.  And I remember kids in high school here in the States whining about being forced to learn to spell in their native English.

As for my own small knowledge of a few languages, I'm a humble fellow.  When you grow up in a Babelish cacophony like I did, you're bound to pick up a word or two.

No wonder she didn't ask for a diamond. She's a Gem already!

47 minutes ago, Saul R W said:

BOB not bob, I'm still learning the English alphabet, and am almost to the halfway mark.  It will be a proud day when I get past m, n, o and p, and I plan to celebrate by holding a goat roast feast for the neighbors, provided they bring the goat.

As for The Dictionary, I also found it amusing that someone would offer you a ~200-year-old dictionary filled with more typos than an Alibaba ad in hopes of educating (or converting) you.  You're a capable wordsmith, and don't need no steenkeeng dictionary.

Speaking of languages, the capacity of the human mind to learn new ones amazes me.  My fiance, who has spent most of her life in a village with so little access to the outside world that she had never heard of eBay until a few months ago (and who, until last week, thought that Australia bordered California), is fluent in Cebuano, Tagalog and English, and is conversant in Spanish and Japanese.  She's learning Hebrew and Aramaic.  Most of her village is fluent in at least the first three mentioned languages, and these are people who live so simply that five or six houses share a 14-gauge electric cord -- a single fan in the bedroom is the extent of their appliances (and the bedroom is also the kitchen).  Not one household in that village owned a book until I brought a Dr. Suess collection for my future son, and yet they all speak multiple tongues.  And I remember kids in high school here in the States whining about being forced to learn to spell in their native English.

As for my own small knowledge of a few languages, I'm a humble fellow.  When you grow up in a Babelish cacophony like I did, you're bound to pick up a word or two.

working with a senior financial official at a major post office. to restore the post office to it's original non-government status. post bank treasury, protected by local non-ranking militia.

made a mistake by putting "no name native" on the plate. word name means thing. corporations under god own all things.

simple mistake but costly. looked up the word name after it happen. glad it happened, looked all simple words up. god- 1. spirit, can only be addressed in spirit. 2. false gods; pagan gods. 3. prince; a ruler; magistrate or judge; angel. god made all things and animals then man. man- a servant, or an attendant of the male sex. woman- a female or servant belonging to man or mankind.

bet the female libs would like that.

• Sad 1

So you think if you put the right magic words on that cardboard license plate that the cops can't impound your vehicle?

And now that you have corrected your mistake your new license plate will ward off all those evil laws that only apply to us corporate citizens?

As you work with senior financial officials to free the post office from the evil government and restore it to its former glory?

Please seek help brother. It does not have to be such a lonely and isolated existence for you. There are good people that can help you make that human connection again. You are isolating yourself in your mind and that is a tragedy. All you need to do is reach out and there is help. There are thousands just like you who are very happy they had some kind soul to help them sort out the maladaptive behaviors and help them deal with the pain.

It was the incredible loss you have felt bob. We all can see that. There is not one guy here that does not wish for you to be happy again. Please take my advice and just make a phone call and get someone to talk to. It will be a lot easier and better for you than constantly trying to define this fantasy world you are retreating into. Yours is a very common condition and can be treated.

We love you brother! Please seek help. Don't make us witness this slow motion tragedy unfolding on the forum. Life and the short time we have here is too precious to waste dealing with a sickness that can be treated.

Sincerely,

Corporate Bob with a (nearly) normal EEG and a (relatively) stable serotonin level.

On 10/8/2018 at 8:00 PM, fishing8046 said:

Quick Story

I'm a southern Arizona guy. I first started metal detecting with my children in an effort to get them interested in the outdoors...6 hours on the boat didn't work. I had recently got my 1st detector and I thought we would try an area near Mamouth Arizona. History said it had one on the largest and best-producing gold mines of the late 1800's with a cable trolly pulling water from more than 3 miles from the San Pedro river up and down the hill.

There is a road to the west called Willow Springs road. Anyway, the detectors is new the kids are loving the new adventures, we drive in on the road and I notice a few white quartz stringers of disseminating white quartz on the surface a few 100 yards off the dirt roadway. So we park the truck off to the side of the road and hike the short distance with the detector in hand. Back then I always carried a 5-gallon bucket. We messed around there and detected the surface quartz exposure a bit. We were there less than a 1/2 hour. There was a bit of traffic on the dirt road. I have never been to Willow Springs but it is a destination for the off-roaders. 

The kids at my side (7-year-old girl and the 9-year-old boy) detecting looking at rocks,  I look up at the truck and there is Fish and Game truck and a Forest Service truck. The officers are out of their vehicles looking at my truck and me and the kids about 100 yards away. I feel the pressure of their presence and start to walk up to the truck. As I get close to the truck I hit the button to unlock the truck and let the kids get in. The officers yell for us to stop ( freeze ) freaking my kids and myself out. 

The officers ask yelling do you realize you are on state trust land? I can arrest you! Metal detecting is against the law, illegal!  He then moves up close and takes my detector from my hands. I didn't know what to say. My kids were so scared. I told them to get in the truck. I was a bit confused. 

They asked to search me and my vehicle. They told me they were looking for antiquities that I may have dug up.  I consented knowing that we had done no wrong and they continued to terrorize my children for about another 20 minutes at which time they gave me back my new detector and a pamphlet about Arizona State trust land where it clearly states you can not use a metal detector. 

Anyway 

Glad you were able to keep your detector. Too bad about the scare tactics, especially in front of your kids. Sometimes these areas are marked by signage but many times they're not. It pays to always know where you are, on the ground and on the map. 

• Like 1

Yes, Arizona gets quite Ugly when you dare to play in they're domain. 

Where there are big swaths of BM land there is usually at least one section (square mile) of State Trust land in every township. There is no use splitting hairs and going into minutia about it, but that is a general rule.

Whenever you are on BLM land you must know the surface management status because there will always be a piece of State Trust land in there somewhere. And you also need to know the subsurface status if you are going to prospect.

In New Mexico you can't even walk on some State Trust land. Again, no use splitting hairs about every possible situation. You can assume that State Trust land is off limits for just about everything and is almost never marked. The only place I have ever seen it posted was in high use/high impact areas to deter camping and off roading. But it certainly does not have to be posted to be off limits.

On big ranches most of the land is leased BLM land. The rancher cannot legally run you off or keep you out. But there are often sections within the ranch that are leased from the State and are State Trust land. In New Mexico the rancher can and will run you off and call the law for being on his leased State Trust land. Lots of guys will try to argue because they think they are on "open" BLM land but they just happen to be standing on State Trust they did not realize was there. It is generally clearly and accurately marked on the surface management maps.

So you gotta do your homework before you step out of the truck.

One other little detail worth mentioning. Most windmills, corrals, and scale houses that are in BLM areas are private patents. If there is a water source or any type of improvement it is probably a five acre patent. They are often outlined but not color coded on an official BLM surface management map. So just because that map shows a big yellow area (public land) and no white spots (private land) you need to look closer. You may see some little boxes drawn in but not colored white. These are generally patented private ranch or mining lands. So even if the map does not have a white dot right there you can't make assumptions. Look for the outlines of private land on that map that might not be properly color coded.

On surface management maps there is often National Forest. It is green. In those green areas almost none of the private land is properly color coded. You can easily think you are in a vast sea of "open" land but have ranch patents all around you. So you need to put on the spectacles, get the magnifying glass and look really close on that Forest Service land. And then steer clear of any private structures or equipment you find in the field because those maps are never 100% accurate.

• Like 1

found happiness when cleared me mind from corporate hocus pocus.

mother nature provides the best entertainment and keeps me happy 24/7.

most beautiful young female ever met was in bagio phillipines, she was half black. twenty years later bought a house in grand rapids michigan, went to the water department to switch the billing. there she was as beautiful as ever. we were both quite surprise.

maybe saul can line me up with one them island females for a prospecting partner. he sure is lucky.

won't bring up anymore unhappy thoughts.

goodnight, leave you to your happy thoughts.