Nugget Shooter Forums

I have been metal dectecting for about 3 years and I am a member in the desert gold diggers and GPAA. I swing a Garret AT gold not the best but i have found gold with it. Look forward to talking and meeting other prospectors. THEACE115 is my son and prospecting partner just thought i would name drop. 

• Like 3

Hey Dad!! About time you finally joined. Dont worry,  I already told everyone about the meteorite you walked over!! 

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum.  I used to belong to the desert gold diggers when I lived down in Tucson before moving back up here in 2005.  I hunted a lot down in the Greaterville area.  Never had much luck down there until I moved back to my home town of Prescott.  I always enjoyed the gold diggers gold raffles though.  Gary  

Good to see some more folks from southern az.

Edited by Desertpilot

@LowPoint,  Thank you for the welcome. I found some of my first gold in Prescott love that town. 

@Desertpilot Thanks my son showed me this site. I looking forward to meeting some new prospectors. 

@Au Seeker thank you for the welcome. How is the au hunting in South Carolina? 

Welcome aboard and good to have another father son team...

21 hours ago, Leverite said:

@Au Seeker thank you for the welcome. How is the au hunting in South Carolina? 

The only gold to be found here where I live is in the jewelry stores, :cry2:and the last time I took my metal detector in one of the store they made me leave!! :idunno:

The gold in South Carolina is in the north central to north western part of the state, and it's usually gotten with a dredge, sluce, or pan, not known for nuggets but it's not unheard of, I also go to North Carolina when I can get off work....ooops I didn't mean to use a 4 letter word :Just_Cuz_15:, I'm at least 4 hours or more away from any placer gold so I don't get out to find it as often as I would like. 

Most of my metal detecting is for CW relics, coins and lost jewelry.

@Au Seeker I grew up in Franklin Tn alot of Civil war battles in that area. Never really looked for relics  when i was living there .  Would love to do that now im sure its pretty picked over but i am sure there are areas that havent been detected.  

On September 16, 2018 at 5:34 PM, theace115 said:

Hey Dad!! About time you finally joined. Dont worry,  I already told everyone about the meteorite you walked over!! 

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome aboard guys. Gold hunting with family would be a special thing.  My family thinks I'm a little crazy .. well, until I show them some gold pieces. Then they just think it must be lying around everywhere.  I wish.   Anyways, enjoy the forum.  There are a lot of good people here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you very much andyy,  youve already been a good help.  I appreciate it!