Nugget Shooter Forums
Rocky

Whites goldmaster VSAT problems

Hi y'all,

I'm having problems with my detector. After a good hour of hunting things turn sour and my detector hums out of control. I can deal with a high threshold but this seems like a big problem. I've tried to make adjustments but nothing works. I feel like its component failure, so Im consider rebuilding it, could it be just a coil. Any help will be great. I needs my baby to work for me. As I write this I'm thinking I should try swapping to one of my other coils but they are all cheapos.

Edited by Au Seeker
Fixed the title

Rocky, what model Goldmaster are you using? Does the problem stop if you shut off and restart the machine? In what area are you located? Have you taken it to a dealer to evaluate? Have you opened up the battery pack and cleaned all of the terminals? Most problems are due to batteries or damaged coils. Hope this helps: HH Jim

• Like 1

What Jim says , try these things 1st, and also your screw/pin "connections" examine them..

11 minutes ago, Jimmy M said:

Rocky, what model Goldmaster are you using? Does the problem stop if you shut off and restart the machine? In what area are you located? Have you taken it to a dealer to evaluate? Have you opened up the battery pack and cleaned all of the terminals? Most problems are due to batteries or damaged coils. Hope this helps: HH Jim

Hello Jim,

It's a Goldmaster VSat, I have it configured for chest mount. The problem does not stop after resting it. The area I'm hunting has low mineralization. I have not taken it to be evaluated. This morning I put a fresh set of batteries in a brand new cartridge with hopes of stemming off the problem but again after about a hour or so of working fine it would go off the chain humming. 

LOL I didn't realize the title said vast!!!! 😂 . I meant to put VSat as the model!! Dang auto-correct!!!

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rocky said:

LOL I didn't realize the title said vast!!!! 😂 . I meant to put VSat as the model!! Dang auto-correct!!!

Fixed the title for you.

• Thanks 1

Rocky,

I hunted with a GM3 and a Vsat for years. Great machines. And tough too.

Both were used and I had to send both back to the manufacturer for repair. Whites was awesome and inexpensive too. Don't despair. They will hook you up.

Just call them and tell them what the deal is. They will have the machine back in perfect order pronto.

On my machines they ran a  high threashold and would not "beep" unless the coil wire rubbed across my bare leg...Something about a gounding problem. The wire became the coil instead of the coil. Anyhoo, both were the same problem, both were decades old machines and both were fixed for under $50.

So just box it up and send it back. Before you know it it will be working like new. I have been really satisfied with Whites and my experience with their detectors and service. 

If you need a machine to use in the mean time I have an old Minelab 2100SD that has found a pile of mets I will send you as a loaner. All you have to do is ask and I will box that rascal up and send it UPS. No problem Bud.

Bob

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you need a machine to use in the mean time I have an old Minelab 2100SD that has found a pile of mets I will send you as a loaner. All you have to do is ask and I will box that rascal up and send it UPS. No problem Bud.

Bob
===================================================================================

Bob, I don't care "WAT" all dem people say bout chu, deep down under all that jazz , yer a good guy !  :head:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, frank c said:

Bob
===================================================================================

Bob, I don't care "WAT" all dem people say bout chu, deep down under all that jazz , yer a good guy !  :head:

..This is what I have been saying all along. Thanks Frank!

Rocky is a good guy too. And I will loan him my beeper any time. 

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Rocky,

I hunted with a GM3 and a Vsat for years. Great machines. And tough too.

Both were used and I had to send both back to the manufacturer for repair. Whites was awesome and inexpensive too. Don't despair. They will hook you up.

Just call them and tell them what the deal is. They will have the machine back in perfect order pronto.

On my machines they ran a  high threashold and would not "beep" unless the coil wire rubbed across my bare leg...Something about a gounding problem. The wire became the coil instead of the coil. Anyhoo, both were the same problem, both were decades old machines and both were fixed for under $50.

So just box it up and send it back. Before you know it it will be working like new. I have been really satisfied with Whites and my experience with their detectors and service. 

Bob

Bob you are a true gentleman and a scholar!!. Thank you for the information and the offer!! I'll let you know and in exchange I'll have to hook you up with some cool find as a thanks!!!  Not sure what cool find that would be yet though!:inocent:

• Like 1