Nugget Shooter Forums

Made it in the magazine!!

theace115

Really shortened the story up,  but by chance,  I happened to stumble on this page.  The nugget looked familier, the detector was the same, the name matched, and it took me about 15 seconds to connect the dots and realize it was MY NUGGET! Minelab didnt tell me they published it,  but I thought it was really super cool!! 

20180915_204835.jpg

• Like 9
  • well done 3

Thank you @BMc,  it was a fun surprise for sure.  Finding the gold, then seeing it in the GPAA magazine.  @boulder dash...  It was pure luck,  im no expert by any stretch of the imagination.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, theace115 said:

Thank you @BMc,  it was a fun surprise for sure.  Finding the gold, then seeing it in the GPAA magazine.  @boulder dash...  It was pure luck,  im no expert by any stretch of the imagination.  

But you know what they say . . .  it's better to be lucky than good, so either way you're a winner!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, theace115 said:

Luck surely has something to do with it. But you have to meet luck half way for gold like that. It has a whole lot to do with persistence and being on the right spot. You just don't get over gold like that just by luck!

It is a nice nugget and a great honor to be recognized like that!

• Like 4

Sure thing @adam! I will even use a fresh Sharpie! @Desertpilot,  Hell no,  I wish.  But there are way better prospectors out there who would deserve it more than me... aka, Adam, Boulder Dash, Bill, etc... .  I am a tad obsessed with Minelab.  That Logo is custom that I had printed and is on the back of my truck window and that license plate is valid too!! 

20180916_111314.jpg

Screenshot_20180916-110556_Gallery.jpg

I just got my emissions done on friday.  I am going to pay up today.  250 something dollars... GAHHHH

8 hours ago, theace115 said:

Sure thing @adam! I will even use a fresh Sharpie! @Desertpilot,  Hell no,  I wish.  But there are way better prospectors out there who would deserve it more than me... aka, Adam, Boulder Dash, Bill, etc... .  I am a tad obsessed with Minelab.  That Logo is custom that I had printed and is on the back of my truck window and that license plate is valid too!! 

20180916_111314.jpg

Screenshot_20180916-110556_Gallery.jpg

Is that OCD on the handle of the pick?😉

• Like 1

@Morlock,  CCP.  Inside joke with my dad.  He has literally forgotten to grab the pick from the house about 3 times, and we ended up having to drive into town and grab one.  Its his initials,  to help him remember haha.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, theace115 said:

@Morlock,  CCP.  Inside joke with my dad.  He has literally forgotten to grab the pick from the house about 3 times, and we ended up having to drive into town and grab one.  Its his initials,  to help him remember haha.

You need to change that CCP to CRS (Can't Remember $h!t) it's an affliction we all have to some degree  and gets worse as we get older, in my case more than others!! :89:

• Haha 2

Him and I consider this as a team effort all the time LOL so I should probably could take 50% of that blame but I wanted to give him all the glory!! :-p

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

You need to change that CCP to CRS (Can't Remember $h!t) it's an affliction we all have to some degree  and gets worse as we get older, in my case more than others!! :89:

Skip ... Don't feel like the lone stranger ... besides George forgetting something of importance is a learning experience ... and just remember Henry just because you ... now where was I going with this!? :old:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh dear,  is this what u have to look forward to?!  Memory loss?! Haha.  

• Haha 2

EDIT *** Is this what I have to look forward to?! Memory loss?! Haha.  ***

• Haha 1

Thats a good point.  I wont remember that I used to be able to remember things? 

• Haha 2