Nugget Shooter Forums
Angel

Help Identifying this rock

Greetings! I'm just a regular guy without any type of knowledge on rocks or similar things and i found something really strange and would like to know if this is just a regular rock or if it's something else. Thanks in advance!

20180914_193833.jpg

20180914_193905.jpg

Welcome to the forum Angel!

I'm not a rock expert, but I'm moving your topic to the "Rocks, Minerals and Fossils" forum so more members who know more about rocks will see your topic and hopefully will be able to ID it for you.

You cant see much detail. It appears to have a granular texture and some green constituents. I am going to call it a granite. 

The shape is tumbled. It appears to be water worn. It could be some sort of a volcanic nodule shaped like that though.

Green minerals are special. They are fairly rare as far as minerals go. So that means something. If we had more info it would help. 

Minerals (and rocks) are identified by their physical characteristics. Color, hardness, crystal shape, weight, cleavage, etc. We just don't know much about this dark mystery except its overall shape and that it has some green sprinkled in there. 

It is an interesting rock and I would pick it up too. Where was it found? What makes you think it might be special? 

Edited by Bedrock Bob

Just strictly going by size, shape and texture it could have possibly been used by native Americans as a grinding type tool... or it could be just a natural water-worn geofact created by mother nature?? I would have certainly picked it up also :>) Nice paperweight if nothing else!