Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Randall

Keene detachable sluice flare?

Just curious if anyone here knows...does Keene sell separately a detachable flare that fits their old A-36 10" wide sluice box? I'm trying to salvage an old Keene sluice by going the cheapest route possible. Ha! If not then I'll just "McGyver" something :>) 

I don't see one on their website, but they have never had everything they sell on their website, you had to get one of their catalog to see all they offer, I would suggest giving them a call, I'm sure they can hook you up with one!

http://www.keeneeng.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=HS

CONTACT
  • 20201 Bahama Street Chatsworth, CA 91311
  • (818) 993-0411
  • Email Us

• Like 1

Thanks Au Seeker for the feedback! I hope ya'll are doing OK out there in dealing with Florence!? Hurricanes are NOT fun...I lived through Harvey last year...felt like living on Gilligans Island...literally :>((    Stay safe!

Thanks Randall I'm well over 200 miles south of the storm and with hurricanes on the east coast the southern side of the storm is the best place to be when it comes ashore, the north side of the storm is the worst to be, all of the higher winds, storm surge and tornadoes are on the northern portion!!

We most likely won't get much if any rain or high winds where I'm at.

• Like 1

I can only say I bought a flare about five years ago from a store that is now closed.  They used to manufacture their own prospecting gear and I'm sure they made the flare, but are out of business now.

Seem to remember the stuff is made of 6061 aluminum.  Doesn't look too hard to bend and cut a sheet to it.  Could be completely wrong.

Edited by chrisski
  • Like 1

Get a sheet of aluminum at home depot and take to an hvac contractor. They can cut it in their shear and put it in their break to bend it. A lot of them might even have a piece of scrap aluminum.

• Like 1

Thanks Chrisski and Matt! Seems like I saw where Royal Mfg. sold one for $20.00 but it was for their 7" width sluice. I have a few ideas for piecing one together with some scraps I have lying around...the older I get the cheaper I get. Ha!

Good luck.  A lot of my home builds end up being more expensive than the store bought stuff.  Mostly because not the tool for the job and no scrap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1