Nugget Shooter Forums
Alwaysdirty

Hillside fine gold

On 9/19/2018 at 6:28 PM, Alwaysdirty said:

Well, there wont be anymore updates on this spot. I messed up! After thoroughly researching this area for claims with the recorders I somehow missed the easiest claims to find, patented mineral claims and this spot is within one, whoops!! Of the 8 or so sections that make up this general area there is only a few patented claims. and unfortunately for me this claim did not have any signage or claim markers. Though, I am sure, because of the age of the claim that the markers have been knocked down or overgrown with brush. But, the good thing is, before I went back out to gather more samples and get anymore excited I thought to check the Yavapai GIS mapping for patented mineral claims just in case, as I was ready to file a claim here if things kept coming out hot. Normally I check the gis first and the validity of "claim" on the GIS but just didn't think of it this time and of course find some nice gold I cant have! :grr01:

So I'll be checking the hillsides next to the claim since its all wide open, all the ground looks the same and there is quite a few prospect digs. I still have high hopes for a good find around here. Sorry for the disappointment, I feel like an idiot!

You can always check and see who the owner is....one never knows what they may find out.

2 hours ago, middleforkminer2 said:

You can always check and see who the owner is....one never knows what they may find out.

I found out who the owners are, I might still contact them to do a lease or permission to small scale prospect, especially if I don't find anything as good in the area.

• Like 3