Nugget Shooter Forums

Attention Military Veterans!

Terry Soloman

For Anyone Having Difficulties With The VA, The White House now has A 24/7 Hotline - 855 948 2311. They will call you back within 24 hours & it works! Use this for ANY Difficulty you may have with the VA. Please Pass This On!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I've had no problems with the VA either, but don't do much for them.  I remember registering for my card at the VA in Phoenix and I waited in line about two hours.  It was actually a comfortable, familiar feeling after having been separated for a year; "Hurry up and wait."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've only got one beef with them and I hope they've fixed the problem by now...a few years ago I knocked some boiling water off the stove and burnt my foot pretty good. I was taking care of it myself and it seemed to be healing OK, but three weeks later (it was nearly completely healed) I developed a really painful hurting which felt bone deep...I went to the local VA "clinic" and was told they couldn't see me because I was registered in a different district (they wouldn't even look at it) :2mo5pow:...I ended up having to drive over a hundred miles just to get somebody to look at it and tell me if it was somehow infected in the bone (Took about two minutes by the triage nurse)....what puzzled me is that since my records are computerized by the doctor real time when I see him, why can't I see another doctor in the VA system in any city I happen to be in at any given time??? Especially for something like a semi emergency....or a flu shot????  Speaking of which, I just got a notice about the flu shot last week...I'm gonna go to the local clinic again and see if they'll give me the shot....I'll report back. 

They have been good with me other than the facility is under staffed and under stocked. I live more than 40 miles from the local facility (Mather Field in Sacramento) but trying to use the Choice program I was told to drive to an outpatient facility in Auburn (30 miles) and if I needed hospitalization or visit there I had to drive to Reno (2 hours away). 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2018 at 12:13 PM, Terry Soloman said:

For Anyone Having Difficulties With The VA, The White House now has A 24/7 Hotline - 855 948 2311. They will call you back within 24 hours & it works! Use this for ANY Difficulty you may have with the VA. Please Pass This On!

Well....I had a pretty interesting day yesterday.  I went to the local clinic to see about getting a flu shot and initially started getting the run around about not being registered in "their" geographic area....then I mentioned that I read on a "prospectors forum" about a new "hotline" number direct to the White House....:brows:...the attitude immediately changed and the desk clerk got on the phone and started talking to somebody....:idunno:before I knew what was really happening, the nurse comes out from the back and asks me to follow her...we get back to one of the rooms, asks me for my card, goes into her computer, then says she'll be right back....a couple minutes later she returns with two needles and explains that one is for the flu and the other is a pneumonia booster......cool....after she gives me the shots, she asks me when the last time I ate was....I told her about 14 hrs....she gets back on her computer and the next thing I know, she's got me scheduled for an appointment with my "New Doctor" and walks me down the hall for a blood draw....funny how attitudes can change so quickly....thanks for the number Terry...

• Like 3
  • well done 2