Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kjosefy

New member from the bootheel of New Mexico

Hello all my name is Kyle I've been prospecting on a very limited scale for the last 20 years by that I mean like 4 or 5 times over that time period. Mainly in Merced California and Happy Camp California area. And I am now in the bootheel of New Mexico and starting to look around for places to do a little prospecting down here. I understand you can find some gold near Hillsboro. I was a land surveyor for over 20 years and have some experience over in that area and know where there's some good black sand just from my hiking looking for survey corners. If anyone here would like to come once I find out if there's a claim on these spots or not. ilet me know we'll see what we can figure out. Just looking for something to do on the weekend been doing a lot of rockhounding down this way and was cleaning out my closet and found all my prospecting gear and got the fever again. Look forward to hearing from some of you guys hopefully.

Hey Kyle!

Hillsboro is going to be difficult. If you want to give it a try PM me. I have been hunting there for 35 years.

You have great placer gold right in your back yard in Hidalgo Co. and just over the border in the Sierra Rica. Really big nuggets and zero prospectors. Lots of "other stuff" to be found in your area too.

I would be happy to steer you in the right direction if you want to talk about it.

Welcome to the forum!

Bedrock Bob

Edited by Bedrock Bob

Hey Kyle ... Welcome to the forum! May I suggest you take Bedrock up on his offer. We all have our 'areas' ... yours just happens to have been his for a very long time. One caveat ... beware his sense of humor! :4chsmu1::old::pop:

Bob I love to talk about it sometime I don't think my huevos are big enough for me to do any prospecting over in Mexico but here in Hildago County or over near you or in Arizona somewhere I think I can handle.😀 the place I'm referring to as Hillsboro is actually a lot closer to Lake Valley I was thinking about heading over that way on Saturday unless I can find something closer to me over here.

1 hour ago, Kjosefy said:

Also I can't figure out how to PM you

Welcome to the forum!

Hover over Bob's username or avatar beside his post above and a window will popup, clcik on "Message" in the lower left corner.

1 hour ago, Kjosefy said:

Bob I love to talk about it sometime I don't think my huevos are big enough for me to do any prospecting over in Mexico but here in Hildago County or over near you or in Arizona somewhere I think I can handle.😀 the place I'm referring to as Hillsboro is actually a lot closer to Lake Valley I was thinking about heading over that way on Saturday unless I can find something closer to me over here.

Lots of gold between you and I Kyle!

Hillsboro is a neat place and a good place to start. You can get a spot to dig for fine gold pretty easy. I can hook you up. As far as getting into the big nuggets Hillsboro is complicated these days. But we can talk about it.

Bob

Kkyle you will learn a lot here.   Good luck hunting for gold.  I see you were from my stomping grounds of Merced at one time.   You must have panned at snelling or Mariposa. Jerru

Welcome to the madness lol