Nugget Shooter Forums

will someone direct me to a tried and true site for refining gold.   last time i asked questions about acids etc. i was reprimanded because i was new to this site.  i appreciate the concern .  i have been around acids a long time and know the risks.  i have all the gloves , face shields, goggles and ventilation etc.  i just don't know the proper procedures  to go by.    you can see lots of different procedures on the internet and HOW MANY OF THESE CAN YOU TRUST?

Another website with good info, the original website was created by Dr. A.K. Williams to help prospectors, he unfortunately is no longer with us, his son kept the website up for several years after his dad passed but now it no longer there as the original website, I found this site that was created by someone to save this info in it's original form more or less for future users, you will have to deal with a few popup ads but the info is well worth it.

Just click on the various topic headings for what you're interested in, but I highly recommend reading them all!!

http://koldun.tripod.com/bcftp/bcftp.htm

• 2 months later...

Hokes books are pretty outdated but they are free for download... they are good for process and recovery but have a adherent link to refining.  IMO it will get you further then standard refining processes. Knowing how to clean and seperate material for refining is a huge plus. Some books offer information that is better or more in depth than others. Safety is the most important part of the journey! It is NOT to be taken lightly. If the youtube videos are being watched try "sreetips". He has a good reputation. He also offers a multitude of videos that relate. Raw materials are not created equal... we have to manipulate them to be as equal as we can. 

• Like 1
On 9/8/2018 at 10:21 AM, JOHNM said:

will someone direct me to a tried and true site for refining gold.   last time i asked questions about acids etc. i was reprimanded because i was new to this site.  i appreciate the concern .  i have been around acids a long time and know the risks.  i have all the gloves , face shields, goggles and ventilation etc.  i just don't know the proper procedures  to go by.    you can see lots of different procedures on the internet and HOW MANY OF THESE CAN YOU TRUST?

Exactly what are you trying to do?