Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jcervay

Hoarder

Anyone else here keeping weird broken chunks for a single perfectly clear quartz point? Or is it just me?

IMG_20180906_163143.jpg

• Like 1

A TU2U for a "Diamond in the Rough" I find them interesting, and enjoy looking at the different shapes, sizes and colors of various crystals. Especially in their natural habitat, such as the Majuba placer area around Rye Patch Reservoir, NV.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BMc said:

I find them interesting, and enjoy looking at the different shapes, sizes and colors of various crystals.   

Completely agree, there's a charm, to me, in seeing the various formations and intricacies

Mine's not as pretty as yours,....  I call it "Tyrannosaurus Geode"

003.JPG

• Like 2

"Star Wars" Laser/Death Ray Accident? 

Yeah, jcervay, you can get lost in them for sure. Sort of a dreamscape effect, like looking at a snow globe. Other than admiring their beauty as a child, I first started getting interested in crystals, after hearing a first hand report from a close relative of mine who worked at the NASA Space annex here at the Johnson Space Center section of White Sands Missile Range, near Las Cruces, NM. This was during the "Star Wars" Laser/Death Ray development work that was going on in the Reagan era, beginning in the early 1980's. The story related to me was that an accident occurred somehow during a test in one of the Labs, and an accidentally mis-directed laser beam struck a window air conditioner unit and literally disintegrated/blew it up!

Apparently base security covered up the incident and nothing was reported in the press. I was further told that the accident was supposedly as a result of experiential tests of crystal lenses that were being used in weapons development there at the center. I wrote it off as interesting, but not convincing enough to dwell on, since it had kind of a "space fantasy" type of feeling to it. Many years later, (late '90's), while gold prospecting in NV, I happened to meet a very interesting gentleman (and his wife), ( fellow gold hunters), who told me an incredible story about crystals, and showed me credible evidence of the type of power and directional energy that relatively small crystals were capable of delivering. More on that later under a separate post. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LowPoint said:

Mine's not as pretty as yours,....  I call it "Tyrannosaurus Geode"

Definitely really cool though. Perfect name! I can't say that this is the only one I've saved though. Lol. I recently brought home a piece that was at least 10 pounds with a few points on it, but aesthetically beautiful.(to me haha!)

Oh yea, I forgot that I have this one as well.....

SAM_0758.JPG

SAM_0763.JPG

18 hours ago, LowPoint said:

Oh yea, I forgot that I have this one as well.....

That's really cool too 😍