Nugget Shooter Forums
Rocky

Huge day for me ladies and gents!!!!!

Here's what chondrules look like, boys... This is a slice of the Allende Meteorite!

Allende Meteorite Chondrules.jpg

Edited by Uncle Ron

7 minutes ago, munroney said:

I don’t agree when people dismiss a suspect without looking inside, for this very reason. The window that rocky filed clearly shows dozens of chondrules. A better polish would define these a little better. Also, you can see a ring around the outside of the window. This occurs when a meteorite starts to oxidize and happens from the outside in as water encroaches.  This is no doubt a meteorite and if you don’t believe it, that’s ok, but you’ll just keep walking over them 😂6BBEC012-A2E3-4740-BC53-A50A2F4C6A5A.jpeg

Thank you Munroney! I love this forum and it stinks when people dismiss the facts because they over look the obvious. Uncle Ron I know who the experts are on this forum and you are not one of them. 

16 minutes ago, Uncle Ron said:

Unc

Uncle Ron I know who the experts are on this forum and you are not one of them.

• Like 1

Munroney,

Thanks for you input. Maybe it will look more convincing with a better window ground in? I was expecting the chondrules to look more defined? 

• Like 1

:pop:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Uncle Ron said:

Here's what chondrules look like, boys... This is a slice of the Allende Meterite!

Allende Meteorite Chondrules.jpg

Allende is a frigging carbonacous chondrite,  it is not ordinary by any means and a poor example of the point you are trying to make. No wisdom 

This is a meteorite I own, believe me I know my chondrites. You can find more this on this link of others that I own as well.http://www.tucsonmeteorites.com/mpod/cxzsdrvrxi.jpg this link stinks, where it says "select type" go to LL3 and choose the pic with Stephen Amara above it.

vofhkxgzin1.jpg

Edited by Rocky
dang I think the link is dead
  • Like 1

Allende is a beautiful chondrite no disrespect to it, thanks for the input unc.

2 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Trust me this is a rare chondrite not all will look this defined

9 minutes ago, Desertpilot said:

I was expecting the chondrules to look more defined

vofhkxgzin1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertpilot said:

Munroney,

What are the identifying features you see in this possible meteorite? Like Adam posted we see very similar stuff out in the desert southwest especially near iron deposits. I dont think anyone was ridiculing Rocky anymore that anyone else who posts possible meteorites. Posting on a forum invites peer review and Rocky and others have to defend their possible space rocks. For example the meteorite skash found recently looked very convincing and some well known meteorite hunters agreed with his supporting evidence (skash's post has been deleted mysteriously though??). All I'm asking is what is the supporting evidence that this is a meteorite?          

Desert you are right peer review is welcome but you guys are like wolves sometimes. I try to treat everyone with respect and dignity till things get ugly. I literally cleaned this rock off today. Technically I can't claim its meteorite till it is confirmed and classified if I go by today's standards which is solid. Getting things classified takes a while. I wanted to share it with you guys, sure I'm open for peer review, but not bs. I deal with bs every day outside my hobby. Now why the hell after I get this thing classified would I want to share this info with you my peers after you burn me. I would share it with you guys because I'm on this site every darn day multiple times a day talking to people mostly without insults, I like you guys but some many of you burn people all the time and you should cut the crap. Granted people like Jimale post crappy pictures and obvious earth rocks and needs a bit of ridicule to get on the right foot (Jimale no disrespect).

1 hour ago, munroney said:

I’m actually blown away by the amount of people doubting this one. If everyone here wants to ridicule rocky for finding an amazing meteorite, I’ve had about enough of this forum. Amateurs 🙄 Again, beauty find Rocky and let this be a lesson-Put a window in immediately, even if you have to lie to your wife and tell her you have explosive diaharreah so you can sneak off and file that window  😂 Nice work!

by the way, judging from the shape and degree of weathering, likely there are small fragments nearby that have weathered off. If I were you, I would return to the spot and get on my hands and knees. Depending on the terrain, drag a big magnet or use a noodle strainer to separate the sand/dirt then run the magnet over. Worked like a charm for one of my finds and resulted in hundreds of gram-5 gram pieces

First, guns are stupid you say and now you are getting sick of this forum. Huh, only one thing fixes that. Just saying.

• Like 1

OK. I weighed in on Rocky's side simply out of a sympathetic empathy, and a sense of fair play. Jim Straight, our revered friend and mentor has been a guiding light in this respect since as long as I can remember. If he were still posting, I believe he would agree.

I'm not saying that the rough and tumble of the forum firing line isn't fair. It is fair, in that everyone gets to say their piece, and nobody gets thrown into the campfire. More or less. What Rocky purports to be Chrondules, overlaid by a possible fusion crust, is visible in photo 6, but that will take scientific examination and confirmation through chemical analysis and other processes to verify. In the spirit of providing moral support, I am willing to give the Lad his moment.

There are so many types of meteorites with different visual characteristics that make it impossible, in my opinion, to do a scientific examination over the phone. Or on the internet. This forum is a valuable format to share finds and ideas, and get feedback from some of the best critics available anywhere, again just my opinion.

The risk we all take when posting on the forum is that we will be criticized, ridiculed, disparaged and made fun of. But we won't be thrown into the campfire just for disagreeing with each other. I sincerely hope that Rocky and Munroney will not abandon the forum and I, for one, thank the good Lord, that I have never risked being made a fool of for opening myself up to ridicule. Yeah, right.

Oh, by the way, did anyone notice the bathroom scales that the rusty looking, unidentified, previously flying object (maybe) , was sitting on? Didn't those spotty looking round things on the scales look like Chrondules? Maybe it's just me . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, nugget108 said:

First, guns are stupid you say and now you are getting sick of this forum. Huh, only one thing fixes that. Just saying.

Why push someone away who focuses solely on meteorites and has spent the better part of 4 years researching and traveling the globe in search for them? I have found over 30 kilos of rusty desert chondrites, many of which look similar to Rockys. They are all currently being classified at a very reputable lab with one of the best professors in the industry. 

Guns are stupid, and so is gold, so maybe you should think about changing forums? Just sayin 🤔

• Like 1

Guys and gals, I'm joining the fam for the evening but I really appreciate all the gab and feedback regardless whether I liked it or not. I'm cooled off now. I'll be back later to check in.  Y'all have a great evening.!!! Unc. Clay. And the other guy. We are all good, I'll share whatever happens even if I'm wrong I'm man enough to admit it. I Got big balls y'all.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, munroney said:

Why push someone away who focuses solely on meteorites and has spent the better part of 4 years researching and traveling the globe in search for them? I have found over 30 kilos of rusty desert chondrites, many of which look similar to Rockys. They are all currently being classified at a very reputable lab with one of the best professors in the industry. 

Guns are stupid, and so is gold, so maybe you should think about changing forums? Just sayin 🤔

Don't go anywhere Munroney!! Trust me this forum needs you. Forget about what some of the negative guys say. They want to live there life that way, let them have it. I'll share with you progress gladly any day and I look forward to your post about your finds as well.!!!!

Edited by Au Seeker
To remove unnecessary content/comment

48 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Don't go anywhere Munroney!! Trust me this forum needs you. Forget about what some of the negative guys say. They want to live there life that way, let them have it. I'll share with you progress gladly any day and I look forward to your post about your finds as well.!!!!

I’m not going anywhere 😎 if anything, these self proclaimed experts give me the motivation I need to keep on truckin. It goes to show that not everyone can put the puzzle together and spot the meteorites that you and I can. I commend you for your find because it wasn’t an obvious one. It takes a real optimist to pick up one like that and optimism is exactly what you need when it comes to meteorite hunting 👍

Edited by Au Seeker
To remove unnecessary content/comment from quote
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Guns are stupid, and so is gold, so maybe you should think about changing forums? Just sayin 🤔"

"Don't go anywhere Munroney!! Trust me this forum needs you. Forget about what some of the negative guys say. They want to live there life that way, let them have it. I'll share with you progress gladly any day and I look forward to your post about your finds as well.!!!!"

Guys, if you're just talking to each other, the site does have a private message capability. This is the United States of America where patriotic Americans fought and died to give us the right to have guns as tools to defend ourselves when necessary and to defend others, including our friends and neighbors, coincidentally;  to the North and elsewhere.

Gold and guns just happened to be the currency that historically, made a lot of that possible. 

And they still do.

Edited by Au Seeker
To remove unnecessary content/comment from quote
  • Like 3

Why so many negative posts? Rocky didn't post a buy-now sign.

Looking for someone to rag on, rag on me.

If you have nothing good to say, just hit the exit key, simple

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rocky is a good dude.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, wet/dry washer said:

If you have nothing good to say, just hit the exit key, simple

I have every key on here but an "exit" key   :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, munroney said:

Guns are stupid, and so is gold

I agree , gold is stupid.......and hard to find :brows:

Edited by adam
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

2 minutes ago, adam said:

I agree , gold is stupid.......

Excuse me Adam, but your gold is showing:ya:

5 minutes ago, adam said:

I have every key on here but an "exit" key   :D

You don't have anything on wet/dry he's older than dirt and he could teach you a thing or two for sure!!!

• Like 1

Wet/dry is probably one of the only few who can say he witnessed the atomic age first hand in this forum.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nugget108 said:

Rocky is a good dude.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Thank you nugget!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rocky said:

Allende is a frigging carbonacous chondrite,  it is not ordinary by any means and a poor example of the point you are trying to make. No wisdom 

This is a meteorite I own, believe me I know my chondrites. You can find more this on this link of others that I own as well.http://www.tucsonmeteorites.com/mpod/cxzsdrvrxi.jpg this link stinks, where it says "select type" go to LL3 and choose the pic with Stephen Amara above it.

vofhkxgzin1.jpg

Wow! Looks like a huge chunk of gold embedded with jewels and precious stones. Must be Medieval Treasure  . . . 

14 hours ago, Uncle Ron said:

" ... Everyone, even  BB was trying to help you and be gentle on you... "

Thanks Unc!

It is nice to be recognized for the little things that we do to make this world a nicer place. This was very difficult for me and your acknowledgement is appreciated!

When a pure bass tarde like me shows restraint it must be a special occasion.

Rocky is a very sweet guy with a young son and a great wife. I like him. I didn't want to hit him with the full Nelly. I was going to take a couple of posts to get there so as not to dirty him up too much. But things went south so fast I decided to just keep my mouth shut. I guess I have a thin spot in my fusion crust for guys like Rocky.

Rocky,

You have failed to respect the old mossbacks here that are telling it like it is. No matter how sweet your peaches appear to be ours are still big and ripe. A young meteorite hunter has a lot to learn from guys with more experience than you have years behind you. You really need to learn to stay in your lane at least until you have a couple mets under your belt. And even then I would advise that you not lock horns with the herd bulls over a rock like that. 

It is obviously a low silica, high iron basalt that has been laying at or near the surface. That discoloration at the boundary is simple oxidation and is found on most basalts (it is not unique to meteorites Munroney! Come on man! That is a common sight in any rock!). I just don't see chondrules. I don't see fusion crust. I do see patina. I do not see burnishing or shaping (see BMc's photo).

I don't see anything at all meteoritic. But I wish you the best and please let us know when this stone is entered into the MetBul. Not only will it be a sweet day for you and your stone but you can show all of us old toothless fossickers how to ID a meteorite.

Peace and love brothers!

Bob

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Now I will go back to being an unvarnished pud about every chunk of lava I see.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1