Nugget Shooter Forums

Header Pile/Tailer Pile 5.3 gram nugget.

BMc

They say nobody gets it all, and that's true enough for sure. Sometimes it's the easiest ones that get left behind. The pile to the left looked like it had been kicked and raked down, no telling how many times. The nugget had been moved around no doubt, but why it had been overlooked, Quien Sabe? Out of sight to the right of the photo was a shallow, narrow stream full of reeds etc. with sparse water flow. The remains of a couple of old wooden Long Tom's, probably from the 1930s lay mostly submerged in the mud. A few rusty bolts and washers came out of the back pile but no gold. I wish I'd had time to get into it with a pick and shovel but I was just passing through . . . maybe someday.

1188062854_5.3gramGOLD.JPG.4e893702de6401841686195_NUGGETTAILINGPILE.thumb.jpg.1

Your pictures do not show.  Not even when I click on them.  I don't know if its just me.

I notice you don't have a three letter file extension, but a .jpg. followed by a lot of hexadecimal numbers.  THe second one of the pile is a .thumb.jpg.1 extension.

Could also be browser wars and I need to open in other than explorer.

• Like 1

I've never seen one like that....

Nice Job !!  :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

Darn! It seems like the photos are coming through selectively, here and there. If I'm doing something wrong or could try something different to make it consistent, somebody please let me know and I'll give it a try. The pics loaded fine on my end and properties show a straight JPEG extension. Do I need to use a different extension?  :grr01:

Not coming through for me....bummer.

Maybe someone could copy the pic and repost it?

Tom H.

19 hours ago, BMc said:

Darn! It seems like the photos are coming through selectively, here and there. If I'm doing something wrong or could try something different to make it consistent, somebody please let me know and I'll give it a try. The pics loaded fine on my end and properties show a straight JPEG extension. Do I need to use a different extension?  :grr01:

How are you attaching photos when you posted the above, I'm trying to figure out what the issue is?

Hi All,,  thanks for your patience, (and for the shout out and thumbs up) I appreciate it, and also thanks to Au Seeker for jumpin' in to help. When I loaded these photos, I did a file compression under the properties tab, then verified that the size would load, and used the choose files link to load with. With other photos, (but not these), if I need to shrink it, I do a Windows resize, possibly a crop if needed, and sometimes drag and drop. They were stored in an Adobe PDF and I used a screen snip program, (I believe), to transfer them to my desktop for easy access.

1 minute ago, BMc said:

Hi All,,  thanks for your patience, (and for the shout out and thumbs up) I appreciate it, and also thanks to Au Seeker for jumpin' in to help. When I loaded these photos, I did a file compression under the properties tab, then verified that the size would load, and used the choose files link to load with. With other photos, (but not these), if I need to shrink it, I do a Windows resize, possibly a crop if needed, and sometimes drag and drop. They were stored in an Adobe PDF and I used a screen snip program, (I believe), to transfer them to my desktop for easy access.

Just an FYI, there's no need to resize your photos we have the forum setup to automatically resize any photos that are too large.

I went into the settlement today and added a PNG file extension to the photos. I believe I used a Firefox browser, so when I try uploading them again in a few minutes, I'll try Chrome which seemed to have recently worked OK.

I right clicked on both of the codes I'm seeing instead of the photos and selected open link in a new tab, click on the links below to hopefully see the error mesages I'm getting for both.

http://content.invisioncic.com/r14981/monthly_2018_08/1188062854_5.3gramGOLD.JPG.4e893702de64009bb432cc364f934438.JPG

http://content.invisioncic.com/r14981/monthly_2018_08/2041061006_NUGGETTAILINGPILE.jpg.a9ad9b989ac22ba36b40b5cd86e87611.jpg

Strange. The nugget photo opens on my click but the other one doesn't.  I'll re-submit with a PNG ex. using  Chrome, see what happens. I'll try D&D this time too. This time I won't insert the images into the text. 

5.3 gram GOLD.png

NUGGET TAILING PILE.png

• Like 6
  • well done 1

Somehow it worked. Thanks, Au Seeker. As rough and ragged as this nugget was, I was hoping to find a local source, but no luck. I worked the benches, slopes and ridges shown in the background and never found the source. Since I only had about an hour to search, I certainly couldn't rule out more gold being at this spot. In fact, I would bet on it!

Nugget108: : It does look a lot like Nevada. I think the sagebrush may be a bit of a tip off. Actually, it's Wyoming. I will include the location, more photos of finds and details of the trip on future posts in the near future.  Thanks again, guys.

• Like 1

Really a nice piece .... Glad you finally were able to get the pix to post...Those tailing piles can often be, well, a gold mine!:thumbsupanim ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

Man! That is a nice piece of gold! Congrats for getting it.

Tom H.

Very Nice.....It looks awful chunky, it hasn't moved far from it's source. You better get back out there soon you'll have snow this time of year before you know it.