Nugget Shooter Forums

In his yard...?

What a beautiful meteorite. Lawrence Garvie, ASU Meteorite Center, knows his stuff.

I think I'll go visit neighboring Glendale, AZ and have a look around.

billpeters

46 minutes ago, billpeters said:

What a beautiful meteorite. Lawrence Garvie, ASU Meteorite Center, knows his stuff.

I think I'll go visit neighboring Glendale, AZ and have a look around.

billpeters

Rob ward, ruben Garcia have hunted all around the last month looking for another piece, as they are on Garvies hunting team. I wonder if they posted wanted/ reward flyers ūü§Ē

Edited by DolanDave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Morlock said:

I wonder how rare this happens where a fresh meteorite lands in a city. Last one I recall is Chicago ÔĽŅbut can't remember the date.

Maybe it was October 8, 1871, as we all know meteorites set things on fire when they land!! :inocent:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Maybe it was October 8, 1871, as we all know meteorites set things on fire when they land!! :inocent:

Actually, it's been in the past ten - fifteen years or so. And no it didn't start a fire.:rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Au I hope you know I was being satirical as well about your comment, I really liked it and understood the ref!!!!:thumbsupanim

Edited by Rocky
Just wanted to clarify just in case because that head bang emoji really does a job
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rocky said:

Au I hope you know I was being satirical as well about your comment, I really liked it and understood the ref!!!!:thumbsupanim

Yes Rocky I got it, I just had to post that since there are some who think that meteorites can start fires and with the mention of Chicago I just couldn't stop myself!  :idunno:

13 hours ago, wet/dry washer said:

Each negative thought one post's, takes ten times off one's future happiness.

Wet/dry I deeply respect your life philosophy and embrace a similar lifestyle. Eliminate negativity and genuinely express positive experiences in day to day activities. I mean no disrespect in regard to the fire comment. Its a funny choice of digs and maybe not in sync with your philosophy and I understand. Don't let it bother you too much my friend, the concept of a meteorite causing fires is definitely not generally accepted, it may be possible in special circumstances but you can't expect to kick a bees nest and not get stung. To imagine misfortune such a unhappiness upon others is worst than disagreeing about meteorite causing fire,  so the wind blows both ways my friend. Am I right?

Edited by Rocky
Another thing to consider is imagine how many people read AU's comment and smiled and then imagine how many people read yours and frowned. The subject matter you brought to the table brings critical and amusing at time discussion to the table.

Many read what their mind tells them, not what is actually written. Modern speed reading.

Ex grew up in Mesick, Wexford county, Michigan. Three miles north on hy37 county seat, 1871 Town of Sherman. Fire balls from the sky wiped out the town, court house and clerk's office also, moved to Cadillac city.

Without the pine lumber being on fire, these fall rocks would have never been found. Thank general Patton's desert warfare training for the fall rocks.

Clear your minds of all negative thoughts, and read slower.