Nugget Shooter Forums

I thought I would show  an alternate idea for a Gold Monster stand that is not cumbersome & easy to put together without gluing!  Mine is mounted on one of Doc's upper stems & a half inch fitting goes on pretty tight, so I cut slots on both sides to help mount it, then secured it with a hose clamp.  Not being glued, makes it easy to adjust the height of the stand by shortening or lengthening the straight pipes. Everything is half inch size PVC.  Enjoy!

Monster stand 001 (Small).JPG

Monster stand 002 (Small).JPG

Monster stand 003 (Small).JPG

Monster stand 004 (Small).JPG

• Like 7

Hi Knifemaker84. I thought about a rifle bipod too, since I have one on a rifle. Then I considered the extra weight, which tends to get heavier the longer you swing the detector LOL!  This is the minimum of parts & light weight.   

• Like 1
On 8/21/2018 at 9:54 AM, MescalAl said:

I thought I would show  an alternate idea for a Gold Monster stand that is not cumbersome & easy to put together without gluing!  Mine is mounted on one of Doc's upper stems & a half inch fitting goes on pretty tight, so I cut slots on both sides to help mount it, then secured it with a hose clamp.  Not being glued, makes it easy to adjust the height of the stand by shortening or lengthening the straight pipes. Everything is half inch size PVC.  Enjoy!

Monster stand 001 (Small).JPG

Monster stand 002 (Small).JPG

Monster stand 003 (Small).JPG

Monster stand 004 (Small).JPG

I like it. I can store the lead I find in it while out swinging.

here is one I made when I first got my GM 1000 I like the way it works the way I made it you can swing it around so it does not get in the way of your swing

1104171140.jpg

1104171141.jpg

1104171141a.jpg

5 hours ago, H-2 Charlie said:

How great is this monster now it been out and tested  .

How does it compare to the Equinox  ?

Cannot comment as to how it compares to the Equinox as I do not own one to do a comparison , but I will tell you it is vary vary sensitive to small non ferrous targets and vary simple to set up and start detecting,some people stated they were having bump issues with theirs but I myself have never experienced any of those issues with mine.the GM 1000 does not have a TID meter but rather a ferrous or non ferrous chance meter which does work fairly well when the meter reads on the non ferrous side of the meter for me it has been 100 % of the time a non ferrous target when I dug the target up and when the meter was reading on the ferrous side the targets I have dug up have been Iron which I usually do not dig if it is hitting solidly on the non ferrous side of the meter but if the meter is hitting on both sides of the meter I will always dig those targets in other words if I get a hit on a target that starts out on the ferrous side of the meter but in the course of swinging over that same target the meter gives me a hit on the meter with one or two bars on the non ferrous side I will always dig those targets most of the time when I am using the GM 1000 I hunt by sound though

• Like 1