Nugget Shooter Forums

Hello all, 

The boys and i were antelope hunting yesterday and i found a huge area with chunks of petrified wood laying around. Its some of the best stuff i have found.  Thought i would share. Take care everyone and stay cool out there.

Dan

20180818_145414.jpg

20180818_145408.jpg

20180818_145507.jpg

20180818_145458.jpg

20180818_145613.jpg

• Like 3

Dan

Very nice pieces!!!!

I don't know where you specifically found those but some absolutely gorgeous petrified wood has been found in certain areas not far from you know where. You can still see examples in the cemetery at you know where. I had a set of reddish-brown bookends from that was among the best of it's kind. A commercial petrified wood dealer from Susanville, California is how I discovered the area around you know where.

Edited by Morlock
  • Like 1

About 5 miles directly west from there. This is a huge patch of it. After hunting season we will check it out more. Its some of the best i have ever found. Really deep blue.

1 hour ago, nugget108 said:

About 5 miles directly west from there. This is a huge patch of it. After hunting season we will check it out more. Its some of the best i have ever found. Really deep blue.

In most areas where petrified wood was found, the larger, log sized pieces were removed years ago. All that's left are smaller pieces like those. Some big logs may still be buried but you'd need some type of excavator to remove them.

• Like 1

Was told the logs found today come from a one bladed deep plow in a field.  Just plow the dirt until the plow brings a log up.