Nugget Shooter Forums
BMc

SPANISH MINE MONUMENTS IN THE BRADSHAWS?

25 minutes ago, FlakMagnet said:

…and the Spanish sign for butterbeans is what? I'm sure someone on here must know.

It is a poodle depicted in the "licking balls" position. That signified to all travellers that there was a gorilla head with a ham hock rock ahead where they could find plentiful butterbeans.

All trails were marked in this fashion. The King demanded it. There were stiff penalties for failing to abide by these rules.

I think that was all detailed in one of Kenworthy's earlier works. I'm not saying it's true but I want you to believe it and I will argue with anyone who expresses doubt.

Edited by Bedrock Bob
To add snark and a touch of sarcasm.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

oh okay, good…that's cleared up now. The poodle stuff I have seen is not usually depicted in this way but then again it wasn't carved in stone. I do remember in my research that I read the King loved butterbeans almost almost to the exclusion of everything else, except gold of course, so the rest of that makes perfect sense.

Happy that's finally cleared up. 

4 hours ago, FlakMagnet said:

oh okay, good…that's cleared up now. The poodle stuff I have seen is not usually depicted in this way but then again it wasn't carved in stone. I do remember in my research that I read the King loved butterbeans almost almost to the exclusion of everything else, except gold of course, so the rest of that makes perfect sense.

Happy that's finally cleared up. 

Yeah, it was all about poodles, gold and butterbeans back in the days of the Conquest. They would carry rocks shaped like hamhocks for miles across the desert to mark the butterbean deposits. And carve mountains into poodles wherever they found gold. 

Where butterbean seams intersected gold veins the poodles looked confused and were always depicted in the "scooting across the carpet on their butt" position. This is well documented in Spanish records that were recently uncovered near where the Spanish were quarrying ham hock rocks.

This will change the way we view the Spanish and re write a page of history. It will undoubtedly lead to the discovery of rich butterbean deposits in the Bradshaws.

Edited by Bedrock Bob
To aggravate and irritate those who allow themselves to be irritated by it.

I really am going to have to remind myself to drag random, out of place rocks all over hell and creation.

They'll be in the shape of kolaches, marking trona seams around Wyoming and Utah.

I'll photograph them when/if I do it, for later proof that I was in fact the ancient Czech explorer that erected them....

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 8:57 PM, Bedrock Bob said:

Yeah, it was all about poodles, gold and butterbeans back in the days of the Conquest. They would carry rocks shaped like hamhocks for miles across the desert to mark the butterbean deposits. And carve mountains into poodles wherever they found gold. 

Where butterbean seams intersected gold veins the poodles looked confused and were always depicted in the "scooting across the carpet on their butt" position. This is well documented in Spanish records that were recently uncovered near where the Spanish were quarrying ham hock rocks.

This will change the way we view the Spanish and re write a page of history. It will undoubtedly lead to the discovery of rich butterbean deposits in the Bradshaws.

damm you and your butter beans! I cannot diet thinking about them and choice ham.

Edited by Stillweaver hillbelli
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

damm you and your butter beans! I cannot diet thinking about them and choice ham.

I too am a bean freak. I'm big on Colorado pintos and maple bacon.

It sounds like this DaveZ rascal has found a rich kolache seam in Wyoming. I discovered kolache in central Texas years ago. My son's mother was a Czech from the hill country where the kolache mines operate around the clock. 

If something is going to blow a diet it is that stuff. If Dave has discovered kolache in Wyoming I am headed up there with the cable tool rig to drive a coffee well. You bring the Bradshaw butter beans and we will be the fattest prospectors on the planet!

Why go half way when you can throw in some cornbread and greens and be eatin' high on the hog? Diets were made to break and can wait!

y’all are hilarious. what’s a riffler? 

I ran across this article on the Bradshaw mountains.  Growing up in Arizona,  I never heard of such a thing related to bigfoot in the Bradshaws and them leaving stuff for explorers I find difficult to believe

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2020/01/bigfoot-gifting-scenario-bradshaw.html?m=1

Edited by AZCurly
typo

You can't believe everything you hear or read. Someone obviously had too much time on their hands. I spent a good deal if time in the Bradshaws myself and never heard a single thing about this. Not only that, I knew some long time residents that lived in that area for decades and none of them ever talked about it either.

Edited by Au Seeker
Edited to remove Political content