Nugget Shooter Forums

SPANISH MINE MONUMENTS IN THE BRADSHAWS?

Ok, explanation accepted. I don't live out there, so not experienced on mine monuments.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This here is the notorious Abu Chavo al Pecosani. Formerly known as Al Baddoggi. I just call him Chavo. He is a rez dog from the Pecos Pueblo. He is pictured in the "standing tail" position. This

The Spanish kept excellent records. Mining without paying the vig to the crown was punishable by death. There are very good records of the few New Mexico mines. A good place to find those Spanish

The first question (WITH MIND OPEN)  is Why would they have ever gone through the trouble of that much work ?  Why would they leave such a large sign saying ""TREASURE IS HERE""  ??   Most authentic T

Posted Images

I took time to check location, it is up on top of mountain and not a cliff side. It should be large rocks if above, right? Obviously must be nothing more than weathered rocks as you said.

I was looking on FB for a good archaeologist from Arizona. I kept getting all these groups, with archaeologist who are bend on preservation. One part still doesn't look natural to me but, is so weathered it must predate Spanish. I'll keep working on it until can at least get some Arizona archaeologists to agree with me.

stone-mouth_1.jpg

I don't know, hate to ask an archaeologist.

I left a comment on a FB page of an Arizona archaeologist, but did not post any photos. I told him I'd had a couple paintings planned and needed to know if natural rock formations or a carving. He was quite helpful and directed me to a page, geomorphology professor at University of Utah. For paintings it doesn't matter, only be able to explain to people what they are looking at in a painting. I have that FB page now if needed, probably won't bother not really important.

Stone_thumbnails.jpg

Edited by Red_desert

It turned out to be a she not a he. Well, she only gave me a page on FB for a professor at University of Utah. After reading a big long detailed pinned comment of his, I decided not to ask. It mentioned a lot of negative stuff happening to people posting things there (including intimidation by law enforcement).

Here, you can read it for yourself... all I wanted to do is some paintings not really needed to know all that risking a legal pitfall.

NOTICE from Dr. K. Nicoll, the Administrator of this Facebook page, and Professor at the University of Utah. I support and pledge to uphold Anti-Authoritarian Academic Code of Conduct (from link below).
-- I will not aid in the registering, rounding up or internment of students and colleagues on the basis of their religious beliefs.
-- I will not aid in the marginalization, exclusion or deportation of my undocumented students and colleagues.
-- I will, as my capacities allow, discourage and defend against the bullying and harassment of vulnerable students and colleagues targeted for important aspects of their identity (such as race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, etc.).
-- I will not aid government or law enforcement in activities which violate the U.S. Constitution or other U.S. law.
-- I will not aid in government surveillance. I will not inform.
-- As a teacher and researcher, I will not be bought or intimidated. I will present the state of research in my field accurately, whether or not it is what the government wants to hear. I will challenge others when they lie.
-- I will not be shy about my commitment to academic values: truth, objectivity, free inquiry and rational debate. I will challenge others when they engage in behavior contrary to these values.
-- As an administrator, I will defend my students, faculty and nonacademic staff. I will not allow the expulsion, firing, disciplining, harassment or marginalization of individuals targeted for being members of disfavored groups or for expressing dangerous opinions. I will speak up for academic freedom. I will insist on the autonomy of my institution.
-- I will stand with my colleagues at other institutions, and defend their rights and freedoms.
-- I will be fair and unbiased in the classroom, in grading and in all my dealings with all my students, including those who disagree with me politically.
As a scholar, educator and unpaid FB page administrator, I uphold curation and editorial responsibilities to maintain a certain standard of information. I will continue to remove posts that are overly irrelevant, those with expletives, and any that are deemed rude, hateful or otherwise inflammatory.
E-signed by Dr K. Nicoll.
Opinions expressed on this page are not those of the University of Utah.

This part here...

-- I will not aid government or law enforcement in activities which violate the U.S. Constitution or other U.S. law.
-- I will not aid in government surveillance. I will not inform.

On 8/21/2018 at 6:03 PM, chrisski said:

I am truly interested in the history of the Spanish, but they did not really have the population to take advantage of the treasures of the area.  They certainly left a lot for Americans.  Soon after both California and Arizona became American territories, gold was discovered in great quantities. 

I would really like to see a Spanish Digging.  One of the rumors I heard is they would cut the limbs off saguaros to mark the trails, and since Saguaros still stand today from the Spanish time, those markers are still out there.  None of the limbless Saguaros I've seen, I've ever been able to make sense into a trail.

I do wonder if some of the older diggings I've seen in the local Wickenburg area were Spanish or not.  They did explore around here.  I'd be happy to find a piece of 8 out looking for a nugget.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:40 PM, BMc said:

Gentlemen,  . . .  Really?  Methinks Thou Do Protest Too Much! I merely tried to present the author's material and to render my opinon that his descriptions and correlations made sense to me, based on the information in his writings, and on my observation of the rock formations themselves. That's all.  Any statements  I made were supported by the book. I never said it was gospel and I wasn't trying to convince anyone of an exclusive viewpoint or disuade opposing opinions. My intention was to simply point out that figures similar to the ones in Kenworthy's book do exist and where they were located if anyone wanted to check it out for themselves. Plus, the area is excellent gold country as many are aware.  
In the deserts and mountains of the Southwest, there have been numerous documented reports of sightings of rock formations that appear to have been deliberately modified to resemble the shape of animate objects. Up to the time of the Kenworthy publication, I hadn't read anything that purported to explain the reason for their existence. I haven't seen anything in the historical records that explains, acknowledges, or even refers to these objects in any manner either. Maybe it's there somewhere, I just haven't seen it.
In regards to fantasy and mining etc. (from my experience), I have found that I am like most friendly easy going sort of folks who tend to enjoy a bit of fantasy mixed with their mining. When out there swinging a coil, or digging a good sounding target, or pursuing their dream in whatever fashion that makes people happy, it's only natural and kind of fun to engage in a little bit of fantasy about finding gold.

I am truly interested in the history of the Spanish, but they did not really have the population to take advantage of the treasures of the area.  They certainly left a lot for Americans.  Soon after both California and Arizona became American territories, gold was discovered in great quantities. 

I would really like to see a Spanish Digging.  One of the rumors I heard is they would cut the limbs off saguaros to mark the trails, and since Saguaros still stand today from the Spanish time, those markers are still out there.  None of the limbless Saguaros I've seen, I've ever been able to make sense into a trail.

I do wonder if some of the older diggings I've seen in the local Wickenburg area were Spanish or not.  They did explore around here.  I'd be happy to find a piece of 8 out looking for a nugget.

Hello I’m new to this site so please forgive me if this is common knowledge, I have some claims in the superstitions while not the Bradshaws, there are an abundance of very old saguaro markers all over the eastern range there , the Woodbury fire destroyed a hell of a lot of them though. I’m  a 3rd generation miner up there and in my experience and the knowledge handed down to me is that when you see an older saguaro with what we call wonky or bent arms at unnatural angles they nearly almost always point to something of note, usually water but on a few occasions really nice placer deposits as well (maybe a coincidence, but a real nice one). The other thing I have found near some of these markers were nice flint weapons caches and pottery, plain unpainted stuff, left it there.....and it would definitely be cool like you said to find a piece of eight right under or near one but never have just a very old small burro shoe!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I was printing out the photos, to get started making a sketch of them. More details showed up in printing. My opinion now is what you see to be nothing more than interesting weathered rock. Also did a search of Hawaiian petroglyphs. About 99.99% of the glyphs were neatly inscribed on surface without centers going down like a crack or crevice. However found 1 example of Hawaiian petroglyphs, which do look weathered, going down in the center and very irregular (much like weathered desert rocks in the main land US).

hawaiian_petroglyphs-PSsml.jpg