Nugget Shooter Forums

November 9th -11th Fall Outing

OK so Debbie from Minelab will be at the outing again this year and we will be doing training on the Equinox and Gold Monster on Saturday along with Kevin Hoagland, Doc, Mike F. Me and perhaps Rob Allison, then Saturday night after dinner it is the free prize drawing with a couple metal detectors in the pile and one is a very nice surprise... Lots of other goodies too, you must be attending the outing and not just for the prizes as you will not have a ticket attendees must have to be eligible. How do you get the ticket? Bring a dish to pass and be a part of the outing and not just showing up for the drawing.... Pretty simple really.

There will also be a portable toilet on site for those needing it.

There will also be a hold harmless agreement required as well as filming release since some of the outing will make it's way to my YouTube channel :inocent:

See you there!

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Sourdough Sue said:

From an Idaho gal that doesn't know the country - how long does it take to travel from Morristown to the outing site?

It shouldn't take more than 15 - 20 minutes driving slow Sue.

I've made a 3D interactive map that will get you from Morristown to Jackass Flats Sue. You can zoom in and out and change the view angles with your mouse.

Here's a link to a small version for those with limited connections.

Here's a link to a higher resolution  BIG version if you've got a bunch of bandwidth.

Edited by clay
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, clay said:

It shouldn't take more than 15 - 20 minutes driving slow Sue.

I've made a 3D interactive map that will get you from Morristown to Jackass Flats Sue. You can zoom in and out and change the view angles with your mouse.

Here's a link to a small version for those with limited connections.

Here's a link to a higher resolution  BIG version if you've got a bunch of bandwidth.

I can't drive that map. It flipped upside down and bucked me off. Now I am dizzy and a little seasick....

• Haha 4
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Still a few days until the outing, I am trying to slow down packing....I am Sooo ready for the outing.

Looking to see old friends and making new ones..

I am new, recommended by Tom Haltmeyer,  just starting, bought my Equinox 800 from Amazon before talking to him, sorry, will be coming up Saturday for lessons and buying extra tools and guidance. What kind of side dish is needed? Thought about a veggie platter, but don't want to go frufru veggie when we could get a few racks of ribs or some corn bread...

• Like 1

Welcome to the group, you will enjoy your day and there is info all over to be had. As far as a side dish, not sure what to say as they just say Side Dish.....I am sure anything will be welcome.

• Like 1

Daniel ... First welcome! ... All you have to remember with miners is that if there is food to be had and they are hungry they will eat! There is always a vast variety of food as everyone has their own specialty! Bring something that you like and the rest of us will judge you based on how good the food is that you bring! :hide:Just kidding a bit with you a bit! Seriously contribute what you like to eat ... we probably do too! :thumbsupanim:old:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Daniel Orzel said:

I am new, recommended by Tom Haltmeyer,  just starting, bought my Equinox 800 from Amazon before talking to him, sorry, will be coming up Saturday for lessons and buying extra tools and guidance. What kind of side dish is needed? Thought about a veggie platter, but don't want to go frufru veggie when we could get a few racks of ribs or some corn bread...

Welcome Daniel!

Mike is joking of course......but I can tell you if whatever side dish you bring taste better than what everyone else brings you will be the hit of the outing!!

18 minutes ago, Mike Furness said:

Daniel ... First welcome! ... All you have to remember with miners is that if there is food to be had and they are hungry they will eat! There is always a vast variety of food as everyone has their own specialty! Bring something that you like and the rest of us will judge you based on how good the food is that you bring! :hide:Just kidding a bit with you a bit! Seriously contribute what you like to eat ... we probably do too! :thumbsupanim:old:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Daniel Orzel said:

Thank you all for welcomes, I will be there Saturday and am bringing corn bread, as it is a staple for every miner dish. Plus it's gold color.....:) What time does this start Saturday??

All the mining experience I have is cleaning out cat boxes....:)

Edited by Daniel Orzel

OH MAN, waiting for these last 4 days to get done with so I can head out is a killer.      :barnie:

Can't wait to get there and  set up camp, greet who is there and get out to hunt some...

Is anyone out there yet.....if so , save me a camping spot, the one by the bush kinda close to the rocks , but not too close to the cactus...…:hide:

Edited by azdigger
  • Like 1

Truck is loaded, quad in the back . Got my camper all loaded and ready to go.....so I will shut up until after the outing...

See folks soon.

On 11/3/2018 at 12:24 PM, azdigger said:

OH MAN, waiting for these last 4 days to get done with so I can head out is a killer.      :barnie:

Can't wait to get there and  set up camp, greet who is there and get out to hunt some...

Is anyone out there yet.....if so , save me a camping spot, the one by the bush kinda close to the rocks , but not too close to the cactus...…:hide:

Which bush? 😀😀😀

Few other folks here from the RRPC. 

20181104_134540.jpg

Guess I will have to pick one when I get there , hope to arrive about 9am on Thursday

Can't miss me , 2003 dark grey Chevy Avalanche , pulling pop up with green quad in the truck.

Edited by azdigger