Nugget Shooter Forums

I found it, anyone know what it is

It is a lug wrench that had another part to it.  That is why the shaft is six sided to adapt to the other wrench.  The pry on the end took off the grease caps that covered the bearing.  Made a good weapon when in need.  

Old Tom 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, azdigger said:

wow, looked it up, it is listed as fitting an 1988 to 1989 chevy truck .

Might make a good tool for cracks in bedrock, help chase nuggets

That maybe why you found it out there, someone may have been using it to pry open cracks and ended up leaving it behind.  :idunno:

• Like 1

Back in the day, there was a three-piece multitool of sorts sold for Willy's and other vehicles.  It was used for hand cranking the engine and as a tire lug wrench and split-rim tool.  The first part was the actual engine crank end.  Then there was the lug wrench/split rim tool, similar to what's shown in this thread, which also served as an extension piece for the engine crank.  And then there was the actual bent handle piece.  They all fit in a canvas pouch.

I tried to Google the tool I'm thinking of, but only found a two-piece Willy's engine hand crank, not the three piece tool.  Maybe I'm remembering something that didn't exist.  It's happened before.

• Haha 1

I have one, just like it -  that was part of the jack that mounted in pieces under the Back seat of a Datsun car. I still have mine I now keep it under the seat of my Ford. It does not fit the lugs of the Ford but it makes a really good "attitude re-alignment tool" in a bind with a road raged motorist!  it also,  is great for assisting at accidents to open doors on Rolled over vehicles.