Nugget Shooter Forums
wet/dry washer

TV show Meteorite Men

1 minute ago, Saul R W said:

Capitalism at its best.

The very epitome thereof. A dedicated and hardworking entrepreneur with a booming nickel sucking business.

Have read many analysis reports and have never found any that claim that there had to be three percent or more nickel, just from I.M.C.A. members.  Nickel melts at 2651 degrees, lower than iron or titanium.

When melting steel in a blast furnace, .5 to 1.5 percent titanium is fed in to the crucible to coat the side and bottom to protect the crucible from burnout. At steel melting temperature, titanium is like jelly.

Just assumed that the lab crushed the samples, it small fragments sent to them.

Writing a red ink document, will post it in lounge in a day or two.

Thanks for your patience.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wet/dry washer said:

Have read many analysis reports and have never found any that claim that there had to be three percent or more nickel, just from I.M.C.A. members.  Nickel melts at 2651 degrees, lower than iron or titanium.

When melting steel in a blast furnace, .5 to 1.5 percent titanium is fed in to the crucible to coat the side and bottom to protect the crucible from burnout. At steel melting temperature, titanium is like jelly.

Just assumed that the lab crushed the samples, it small fragments sent to them.

Writing a red ink document, will post it in lounge in a day or two.

Thanks for your patience.

I look forward to reading it.  Despite abundant evidence to the contrary, I'm not a complete @$$#*!!, and would like to understand your perspective on the universe.

My brother returned to mother earth March 23rd 1998 at the age of 43, had a drinking problem. About three weeks before he passed he told Dad and myself, that life should not be this way. He was right, hope hopefully to make better for all. Letting negative thoughts into your mind kill's your dreams, life is a dream, follow your dreams you'll forever be young and happy. Made peace with myself, now happy.

On 8/11/2018 at 8:05 PM, wet/dry washer said:

Different ones on this forum that universities quit accepting samples because of the meteorite men show.

Aerolite President Geoff Notkin started in 2001 in the meteorite business. He is IMCA member number 4242, he stated recently there are 460 members, Blaine Reed who went after Steven Duane Curry is not listed. He also had Curry kicked off eBay several times.

March 23, 2009, Norbert Classes IMCA President contacted me, lowest known nickel values for iron meteorite range around three percent. Each of my buyers received a copy of the spectrometer results which shows .0011Ni.

March 25, 2009, Norbert Classen stated, we are having a sample of lynx wash tested. Never received the results.

At the time, another IMCA member, Greg Chatterton had his attorney friend contact eBay's attorneys and had me evicted from eBay.

Had a one hundred percent seller rating.

The following is the response of Norbert Classen March 23, 2009.

We are no "fictitious corporation", as you will soon find out. We are a corporation registered with the State of Nevada, and and we take such things seriously.

As for your"answer", you are wrong, again. There are - of course - several types of iron meteorites, and they all contain percentages of Ni. 

Aerolite received a letter from me Monday, 27 August 2018, thanking them for confirming the fall rocks. Inviting them to lunch at a local Chinese diner to discuss making a trip to smoke tree to interview the fall witnesses and to collect some fall rocks. Left text number, no reply.

Have to decide what to do next. Any suggestions?

Get a lab to analyze your rocks and then report to us the results.

From what I recall of your letter from Aerolite, their opinion was they were not meteorites.

Edited by Mikestang

6 minutes ago, Mikestang said:

Get a lab to analyze your rocks and then report to us the results.

From what I recall of your letter from Aerolite, their opinion was they were not meteorites.

They stated the fall rocks have vesicles, gas escaped from molten material, proving they where above 2200 in order to fuse caliche to them. 

Ones under 1500 degrees, some will move a compass needle, one had five different poles. That's why the arrow points north, it's fun checking them.

Like Rocky, will email email Alan Rubin. Thanks Mike

Aerolite opened their lab May 31, 2018, closed it August 31, 2018.

No longer accepting submissions, send to universities.

Wonder why? My letter included wet/dry washer meteorite posts.

Thanks Mike, 

Meteoritical Society and MetBul not posting a listing of their corporate officials, was the last bit of evidence needed to move forward.

Again, thanks Mike

ilmenite crystals fall to the bottom of the magma chamber and collect in layers.

main mineral in these fall rocks- asteroite- (Ca,Na)(MgFe2+,Al,Fe3+,Ti) ( (Si,Al)2O6) ). ultra rare.

key board has no brackets.

On 9/30/2018 at 5:20 PM, wet/dry washer said:

ilmenite crystals fall to the bottom of the magma chamber and collect in layers.

main mineral in these fall rocks- asteroite- (Ca,Na)(MgFe2+,Al,Fe3+,Ti) ( (Si,Al)2O6) ). ultra rare.

key board has no brackets.

asteroite has only been found in two countries, china and sweden.

changing the name to "asteroite stony irons".

Is this the one you brought to me and the streak test on "as found sample" and "clean end sample" was dark Grey/Black Bob (WDW)? The ones I suggested were terrestrial Magnetite? Trying to figure out this thread....

mineral asteroite is an iron enriched augite mineral.

same as me showed you, one's me slabbed in an diamond tile saw turned water black due the carbon, ilmenite.

in all the 724 pictures there are no surface earth rocks that look like the fall rocks.

couple days ago googled in the elements, up came asteroite. wish me have done that nine years ago.

XRF gun cannot quantify elements lighter than titanium.

Na- sodium listed above on asteroite formula is .259 percent average on these fall rocks. article about meteorites stated that more than .6 percent Na would not be a meteorite.

MinDat- asteroite, a stellate radiating iron-rich variety of augite. originally described from Nordmark, Filipstad, Varmland, Sweden.

China- Jilin Province, (Manchuria; Dongbei region).

cleavage- perfect; color- brown green, light brown, dark brown, black. specific gravity- 3.40. diaphaneity- translucent to opague. brittle- conchoidal- very brittle fracture producing small concoidal fragments. mohs hardness- 5.0 to 6.5. luminescence- non fluorescent. luster- vitreous to resinous. streak- greenish grey. habit- columnar to granular, to massive. non- radioactive. non magnetic slightly magnetic.

these fall rocks fit all the above.

So get a lab to analyze them and put it to bed.

On 10/3/2018 at 4:48 PM, Nugget Shooter said:

Is this the one you brought to me and the streak test on "as found sample" and "clean end sample" was dark Grey/Black Bob (WDW)? The ones I suggested were terrestrial Magnetite? Trying to figure out this thread....

Ain't we all . . . :)

2013 sent New England a fragment along with a picture as it lay, $25.00, they sent it back, saying it was not a meteorite. suspect they use a XRF gun, that does not quantify elements lighter than titanium. their reply stated no Ni. sent samples to four different universities in 2008, only to have them returned unopened. 

thanks for the offer, working on a different angle.

guess it's true...males think about sex every seven seconds, rest of the time trying to one-up each other, its their nature.

will figure something out. thanks to all.

Edited by wet/dry washer
Spelling

3 hours ago, Morlock said:

Send a specimen here.

http://meteoritetesting.org/Submitting a sample.htm

I'll even pay for it. We can put this to rest really quick.

Nice gesture, bob you should take him up on this. What is the harm in it?

• Like 1

have ten xray spectrometer analysis on forty fall rocks. what have not done is have them carbon dated. carbon dating lab is closed, they will email me in the morning. 

my above post is edited to New England lab.

one would think that in ten years one would have thought to have them carbon dated. maybe me brains are fried.

thanks all

calcium-aluminum-rich inclusions-the oldest known solid constituents within meteorites that are formed within the solar system- are 4.567 billion years old, giving a lower limit for the age of the solar system.

so...the virgin magnetized fall rock that Aerolite violated will be sent to the carbon dating lab to have it and the caliche dated.

days of our life contin.................ues.

1 hour ago, wet/dry washer said:

calcium-aluminum-rich inclusions-the oldest known solid constituents within meteorites that are formed within the solar system- are 4.567 billion years old, giving a lower limit for the age of the solar system.

so...the virgin magnetized fall rock that Aerolite violated will be sent to the carbon dating lab to have it and the caliche dated.

days of our life contin.................ues.

They don't carbon date rocks bob. Nor caliche. Only carbon based stuff like plants and people. It's a chemical thing.

Just thought you would like to know.

• Like 1

I did a little Radiometric Dating when I was younger. Didn't work out.:inocent:

• Haha 1