Nugget Shooter Forums
wet/dry washer

TV show Meteorite Men

Different ones on this forum that universities quit accepting samples because of the meteorite men show.

Aerolite President Geoff Notkin started in 2001 in the meteorite business. He is IMCA member number 4242, he stated recently there are 460 members, Blaine Reed who went after Steven Duane Curry is not listed. He also had Curry kicked off eBay several times.

March 23, 2009, Norbert Classes IMCA President contacted me, lowest known nickel values for iron meteorite range around three percent. Each of my buyers received a copy of the spectrometer results which shows .0011Ni.

March 25, 2009, Norbert Classen stated, we are having a sample of lynx wash tested. Never received the results.

At the time, another IMCA member, Greg Chatterton had his attorney friend contact eBay's attorneys and had me evicted from eBay.

Had a one hundred percent seller rating.

Really? Why post this nonsense, nobody cares . 

• Like 1

Awesome more meteoric drama. :idunno:

10 hours ago, wet/dry washer said:

Each of my buyers received a copy of the spectrometer results which shows .0011Ni.

Whats a Spectrometer?  How accurate is this device? 

Are you venting that you got kicked off or banned from E-Bay 10 years ago?  If that's it, I submit you sign up under a new name and try selling again.  I highly doubt E-Bay has much of a policing department to kick fraudulent sellers off.  Not saying you're a fraudulent seller, but sounds like someone made an unfounded claim you were.

bob,

Are we talking about the same rock that had melted pine lumber in it? The one that you are going to sue Aerolite for damaging it with a magnet?

What is your connection with Steven Duane Curry and why do you mention him in your post? You were both kicked off ebay for selling rocks as meteorites and you both share the same peculiar belief system. What other connections do you have with him? Have you met him? Do you know him? Have you created documents in red ink with him?

This will tell us more about your meteorite than any Spectrometer analysis for Ni. IMHO. 

Not trying to be a problem for you bob, just keeping it real. Because that is the issue... whether it is REAL or not. If you want us to believe your story then you need to address some of the glaring paradoxes in it that you yourself have created. 

With all due respect bob. Honestly. My unsolicited advice is spend your time finding a real one rather than trying to prove the one that you found is real. When you find a real one it will be no problem to prove it once you get it on an experts desk.

Respectfully,

Bob

(not bob)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adam said:

Whats a Spectrometer?  How accurate is this device? 

It lists percentage of each element in the sample.

Is it possible that the vicious act of spectroscopy damaged the rock, and sucked the Nickel out of it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

First like to apologize to Fred and Mikestang for taking so long to thank them for calling me dude, means city slicker. Long time friends in Michigan nicknamed me ryder dude in 2006, while visiting them.

Bob,

A picture is worth a thousand words, each one of these fall rocks gives me a trill like finding a gold nugget.

As for Curry, a fellow vet who caused no harm, losing all he has to a evil corporate sewage system.

Correct if I'm wrong but isn't testing with a spectrometer a destructive test? I've seen where the sample is pulverized then heated for the spectrometer to read the gases.

4 minutes ago, GeoJack said:

Correct if I'm wrong but isn't testing with a spectrometer a destructive test? I've seen where the sample is pulverized then heated for the spectrometer to read the gases.

Yes, overall forty specimens for ten x-ray spectrometer tests.

There are several tests that use "spectrometry" to determine the elemental composition of a material. If it was truly x ray spectrometry then it was not destructive. Yet you say it was destructive in the same sentence. Then fourty specimens and ten tests. None of that makes much sense.

Exactly what type of test did you get on that rock and what did you test for? Did you decide which tests to perform or did someone else? I think these questions are important and you should answer them directly.

I hope you can understand our skepticism. You really seem elusive about details and many of your statements conflict. It is difficult to take you seriously and it is also difficult to determine your point. I am not sure whether you are insisting your find is genuine, defending your methodology or saying you have been treated unfairly... Or all three at once. 

Please answer my initial questions about Mr. Curry. It seems you have much more in common with him than an earth rock does with a meteorite. Have you met him? Do you know him? Have you created documents in red ink with him? All these are fair questions considering the facts you have presented yourself. I think they deserve an honest answer.

Respectfully,

Bob

Edited by Bedrock Bob

Subject about Curry should be discussed in the lounge. Only mentioned here referring to the meteorites and the international meteorite collector association.

Going to watch golf, a sport played against mother nature.

Thanks, bob

1 hour ago, wet/dry washer said:

Subject about Curry should be discussed in the lounge. Only mentioned here referring to the meteorites and the international meteorite collector association.

Going to watch golf, a sport played against mother nature.

Thanks, bob

Fair enough.

Have a great day bob!

Bob

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Saul R W said:

Is it possible that the vicious act of spectroscopy damaged the rock, and sucked the Nickel out of it?

Now you have me thinking about that Pole again...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Now you have me thinking about that Pole again...

Sounds like a shame you let that Pole go.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saul R W said:

Sounds like a shame you let that Pole go.

She could sure vacuum the nickel out of a specimen faster than a spectroscopic analysis if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

The one from Aerolite or the one from Warsaw?

1994, worked with a pole from Boston but he returned to mother earth, and now exploring the universe, he always did like the southwest. Maybe should put him in a safe place separate from the fall rocks, he never liked crowd's. He was always allergic to nickel but liked titanium. What would you do Bob?

Edited by wet/dry washer
Spelling
  • Like 1

Mine was more interested in extracting dollars than nickels.

Edited by Saul R W
... but did she crush the nuggets in the process?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Saul R W said:

Mine was more interested in extracting dollars than nickels.

Indeed.

I think my Pole's strategy paralleled that of P.T. Barnum... Better to suck the nickel out of a thousand meteorites than extract a diamond from one.

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Indeed.

I think my Pole's strategy paralleled that of P.T. Barnum. Better to suck the nickel out of a thousand meteorites than extract a diamond from one.

Capitalism at its best.

• Like 2